Trick Attack + Rampage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trick Attack + Rampage?

In one more level, my WAR has the option to sub THF for Trick attack.

I am just pondering, would lvl 60+ WAR/THF's Trick Attack + Rampage (or Raging Rush) on the Tank, open more job options in melee-heavy party setup before level 74 (Utsusemi: Ni) in ToAU area?

What I mean is instead of Tank + DD/NIN(s) + mage(s), such as:
    1 tank
    4 DD/NIN
    1 backline job

or
    1 tank
    3 DD/NIN
    2 backline/support jobs

We could have
    1 tank
    WAR/THF using Trick Attack + Rampage for hate control
    Any DD(s) { such as DRK/WAR, MNK/WAR, RNG/WAR, BLU/THF, SAM, DRG, BLM... }
    Backline/support job(s)

So that some DD job would not need to /NIN to lose some DD potential. Would Trick Attack + Rampage (or Raging Rush) have the ability for hate control?

The advantage I see is WAR can sub THF without losing much DoT, and compare to THF main, WAR has more DoT.

Your opinion?
    Last edited by Celeal; 09-26-2006, 01:27 PM. Reason: typo
    Server: Quetzalcoatl
    Race: Hume Rank 7
    75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Re: Trick Attack + Rampage?

By the time you can set up TA + Rampage the monster is already dead in a TP-burn party. I don't recommend this.

Icemage

Comment

If you want flexibility as a WAR just make a regular party, but if you want Burn xp, then you gotta follow the burn party principles.
      sigpic
      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

SATA isn't worth it, sure. But TA is easy. The party doesn't need to know where you are, and even if the fight lasts 20 seconds, that's 2 seconds to get behind tank (with lock still on, you never even lose an attack round) and activating TA doesn't exactly take time. I've wondered about TA and multi-hits before. I think it's safe to assume that it'd effectively Trick all 5+ hits of Rampage, but who knows? maybe it'd only do the first one. I think it'd be interesting, and it may very well work. I really don't know, and /thf with a one-handed axe would make me feel anxious. I'd prolly just swap to GA. But if you use Great axe, you'd find yourself soloing SA WS for extra dmg instead >.> You'd have to really resist Big Numbers Syndrome.
        "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
          By the time you can set up TA + Rampage the monster is already dead in a TP-burn party. I don't recommend this.

Icemage
          Please note that I am referring to pre-level 74 "melee-heavy" party parties (lvl 55 ~ 73), without Utsusemi: Ni except NIN(s). NOT TP-burns parties NOT those xp chain 60+ awesome stuff

I am referring those ToAU party at level 55+. If I am misleading, then I am sorry. I don't really know what I should call those parties. It is quite popular on my server:

Instead of the traditional Skillchain + MB setup, those party I am referring to focus on Sanction Refresh for mp users, 1 tank, and 3 or 4 very strong DoT and WS DD; usually no skillchain, except for BLU self SC; the tank usually holds the mobs attention long enough the DD gain enough TP to unleash on mob all at once. However, the funny thing is those parties usually fight IT mobs in ToAU.

* From level 61 ~ 63 (exp. on Puk), my PLD was in of those parties without any RDM or BRD. All I had was a WHM, 5 DD, Sanction Refresh + Dark Staff between pulls. Very successful, chain 5 most of time. My WAR and SAM from level 56+ also had joined some of those party too: usually with 1 PLD main tank, 1 RDM main heal, 4 DD, exp. on Lesser Colibri.

*Back to topic*
          For the TA+ Rampage, i was thinking is the WAR/THF got 100% TP from the previous battle. At the very beginning of the battle, TA Rampage on the tank. Then the WAR/THF use the time for the remaining battle to gain TP for the next battle, meanwhile the rest of the DD pwn'd the mob during the battle w/o worrying about hate and recasting Utsusemi: Ichi.
          Last edited by Celeal; 09-26-2006, 06:11 PM. Reason: typo
          Server: Quetzalcoatl
          Race: Hume Rank 7
          75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

I've wondered about TA and multi-hits before. I think it's safe to assume that it'd effectively Trick all 5+ hits of Rampage, but who knows? maybe it'd only do the first one. I think it'd be interesting, and it may very well work. I really don't know, and /thf with a one-handed axe would make me feel anxious. I'd prolly just swap to GA. But if you use Great axe, you'd find yourself soloing SA WS for extra dmg instead >.> You'd have to really resist Big Numbers Syndrome.
            I'm fairly sure TA transfers hate from every single hit, especially considering the fact that, according to Spider-Dan, you can Hide + SATAWS HNMs as many times as you like and never be added to its hate list.

Also, I believe Great Axe would have a better DMG/Delay ratio than a single axe even at those levels, and Raging Rush should be on roughly equal terms compared to Rampage. If you're going to be transfering hate and not getting hit, may as well go Great Axe, I'd think.

Comment

Working...
            X