Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Axe or not to Axe

Originally posted by W.o.t.W. View Post
    Tideas probably transed over from WoW, where WARs get dual wield.

...I hate WoW.

On another note, I have a small question; what would be the better choice in the later levels, i.e. 70 and up? Or are they still fairly equal?
    It all becomes extremely situation depending on the activity you are engaging in.

For XPing ? DW Axes, as the tendancy is burn parties now adays, even if you are still levelling Bibiki Bay, Axes can help - (Light opener (mistral Axe) for THFs).

as by 73 there is the Maneater/Woodsville combination, which is what you'll be using as a 75 WAR unless you happen to get a Joytoy (see next) or even luckier a Ridill.

But also 71, you get the Joyeuse - Droped of a Lotto Pop NM ib the SG - affectionally knwn as Charby - a Sword, that occasionally Double attacks. So while you should have avoided swords in the 40-70 strech prior to this, it now once again becomes a viable option for the Warrior approaching Endgame.

Of course on HNMs/Sky gods Wars are good /Thf for SATA Steel Cyclone for Darkness. Dynamis either weapon can be used, but getting sucessful SATAs is the only problem here.

then you have to build gear to help.

Haste
    Attack/Accuracy
    Tanking
    Weapon Skilling (STR Heavy)

Not to mention the refinemtn you will need to make to those set ups to allow use of Meat food as well as the more popular Sushi.

there ya go, exchanging one headache for another :D

Comment

Working...
    X