War/mnk to 75?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War/mnk to 75?

Is it possible? That is all I want to know.
    Stooky, Tarutaru supreme
    62 PLD 37 WAR 37 NIN

Re: War/mnk to 75?

Yes.

Close this thread.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I would have to disagree. Though it's possible to level any job to 75, with the current state of the players being extremely brainwashed you wouldn't get a single invite with /MNK past 40.

Comment

Sad, but true.

The possibility is there, if you had an open-minded static party and some great support...just don't expect to actually do it in pickup groups and hit 75 any time this year.

Comment

WAR/BRD is possible to 75.

Are people going to invite you with it? Most likely not.

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack
            I would have to disagree. Though it's possible to level any job to 75, with the current state of the players being extremely brainwashed you wouldn't get a single invite with /MNK past 40.
            He asked if it was possible. Yes, it is possible with the right setup and some good friends. If he had asked a different question, such as "Is it party-friendly and will I get invites?", then the answer will be most certainly no.
            ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I was more asking will i be able to take it or will invites die and getting to 75 as a war/mnk is almost impossible.. I woke up and was wondering lol sorry if question was unclear was sleepy ; ;.
              -reason for question is I enjoyed war/mnk but not war/nin or war/thf for some reason. I may attempt it when im bored and i will level my war as war/mnk. Lol... yeah...
              Stooky, Tarutaru supreme
              62 PLD 37 WAR 37 NIN

Comment

You'll have a VERY hard time doing it, you'll be able if you dedicate all your free-time to trying to level and being LFG every moment of everyday.

Eventually someone will get desperate enough to invite you. Honestly, I don't have any problems with WAR/MNKs(With Great Axes) in my parties if they're as well equipped as they should be for the level. WAR/anything is a pretty good DD, and at least /MNK gives Focus and Boost. Plus, I always welcome the Break WSes.
                sigpic

Comment

I mean with nice gear a war/mnk is a great DD, but everyone is like no, /nin or /thf. I mean war is not a very good tank past 30-40 but still it is a good DD as /mnk which is what I do not understand, all you get with /nin is two wepons which is faster tp gain and utsu which is nice I guess. Lol~
                  Stooky, Tarutaru supreme
                  62 PLD 37 WAR 37 NIN

Comment

Originally posted by Stooky
                    I mean with nice gear a war/mnk is a great DD, but everyone is like no, /nin or /thf. I mean war is not a very good tank but still a good DD as /mnk which is what I do not understand, all you get with /nin is two wepons which is faster tp gain and utsu which is nice I guess. Lol~
                    Honestly, it's all about Utsusemi... if WAR/NIN didn't have that I can almost guarantee most Warriors would not sub Ninja in several level ranges. (Talking all out offense, defense and defensive abilities aren't even being considered).

24-48 comes to mind immediately.
                    | Where 24-30 MNK or DRG would probably the subjobs of choice. 30+ MNK or THF

60+ as well...
                    | /THF gains the ability to plant hate... very nice, /DRG comes back here as well providing that Accuracy Bonus trait then gets even better at 70 with High Jump, not to mention that anytime you sub DRG 30+ you have access to a 5% haste earring.

But, WAR/NIN does have Utsusemi, and will continue to be the domiant subjob for Warrior until something changes with the mechanics of the game... or Utsusemi is removed from them.
                    sigpic

Comment

I guess so. Well to bad, guess I will stick to my whm for the time being.
                      Stooky, Tarutaru supreme
                      62 PLD 37 WAR 37 NIN

Comment

To OP:
                        At level between 49 ~ 51, I DD as WAR/MNK: I formed my own party, I was using Shield + Axe or Great Axe. I also have /THF or /NIN leveled and DD as WAR/THF or WAR/NIN in the past exp. parties.

To me, I found out what WAR/MNK as DD at lvl 50 is lacking in the hard way:

As WAR/THF, Sneak Attack is a "guarantee" critical hit when executed behind the mob. Whenever I need a spike damage, Sneak Attack is very "reliable." As a WAR/MNK, Boost will boost hate, but "no guarantee" of spike damage.

As WAR/NIN, Utsusemi is almost "guarantee" for damage migration. As WAR/MNK at level 50, Dodge or Counter Attack is "no guarantee" for damage migration. You can depend on Utsusemi, but not Dodge or Counter Attack.

From my first hand experience, as lvl 50+ WAR/MNK I was not able to unleash like a WAR/NIN does: I have to control my hate like a WAR/THF. As a WAR/THF, I can always plan on when to spike my damage, WAR/MNK does not ofter such option.

The only unique benefit that WAR/MNK ofters is Aggressor + Focus cycle, and eat attack+ food. Compare to Aggressor, Focus is very gimped. I had exp on mobs that Focus + meat failed, such as Helm Beetles' evasion boost special buff. Overall, I was disappointed with lvl 50+ WAR/MNK DD combo.
                        Last edited by Celeal; 08-20-2006, 05:17 PM.
                        Server: Quetzalcoatl
                        Race: Hume Rank 7
                        75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

As a non-warrior healer type, it's very very obvious to me how useful utsusemi is for most PT's. When every DD has /nin you can get by with minimal healing and that allows your mages to rest for longer periods of time which means less downtime and more xp.

Comment

Well, thanks everyone. I may attempt it for the fact I enjoy war/mnk even if I get flamed and called a noob alot for using it past 40. yeah its not the best sub but with good gear I think I can possibly pull it off.
                            Stooky, Tarutaru supreme
                            62 PLD 37 WAR 37 NIN

Comment

Well, I'll wish you good luck Stooky. WAR/MNK is the only combo I want to play, but with the state of the game as it is now, my Warrior job will stay at 37.

So... good luck.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X