Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Leveling Great Axe - Required?

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura
    It's nothing close to SATA for THF's Viper Bite, but I can't think of any other single factor which has the kind of dramatic effect on Sturmwind damage like Sneak Attack does.

Of course, what I really wanted to try was WAR/RNG... Accuracy Bonus sounds like a free peacock charm to me, but party leaders seem to think I'm crazy to even suggest that. (One retracted party invite because of it.)
    Thf has 2 advantanges at this level. SAta means you don't get a pounding on your rear when it looks at you with 300+damage hate, and 100+Tp ready to stick it too you.

2 thf main means you can sub /nin. With 5-6 shadows, you have much less fear.

It's a trade off.

It'll depend on PT. Sometimes it pays to be sturmwinding at that level. Other times, you're going to be facing a sickle slash down your face.

Comment

I wish I had the option to parse my parties as WAR, but both the static PLD I keel with and I are on PS2. But I have noticed that I ~seem~ to Double Attack FAR more often with WAR/NIN & Axes than I do as WAR/THF and Great Axe. For the most part, landing both Axes per volley, I do 70~90dmg. I do about 85dmg a hit w/ Great Axe. I'm curious which weapon(s) have a greater DoT in my set up.

Again I say ~seems~ because I do have an extra chance for Double Attack to proc. If I Double Attack twice in 6 attack rounds I'll visually notice it more with Axes than if in 6 attack rounds I Double Attack with Great Axe. And I ~seem~ to Double Attack like a fiend with Duel Axes. (My last EXP I noticed 3 straight attack round I Double Attacked at least once.)
      Odude
      PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
      RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
      SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Originally posted by Onionsoilder
        Lately I have been leveling Warrior as a fun side job to BLM. However, ever since I picked up a Greataxe at 12 it has turned into a pain more than anything else. Currently my Great Axe skill is at level 31, whith the cap at 42, and not only do I wiff like crazy but skillups have grinded to a halt. I have 1-handed axe and 1-handed sword capped at around 18 and 35 respectively, from leveling other jobs. I also know Greataxe isn't really worth it at the higher levels either, reguardless of the A+ skill v.s. Axe's A-. I hear that Sa Sturmwind is godly 30+, and sturmwind itself is strong in qufim, but would it be possible to skip G. Axe and continue to use 1-handed axe, and start dual-wielding at 20?
        that's why I just skill up everything when I'm lvling a low lvl job keeps everything cappaed.
        → ☆白75☆黒37☆ ←
        ∧____∧
        (≡´。`≡) ニャンニャン♪

♂ ラブストーリー♀

Comment

Working...
        X