im not gaining exp, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im not gaining exp, please help

ok i just started the game up and for some reason after i kill enemies im not gaining exp? can you please tell me how to fix this as you can imagine its pretty anoying hehe

P.S i apoligize if this is listed in any help request previously posted

Re: im not gaining exp, please help

Make sure to use the "check" function on the menu when you select a monster. If it checks as "Too weak to be worthwhile", you will not get xp for it. If it checks as "easy prey" or above, you will get xp.

Comment

If you're level 7, you're right about the level that newbie mobs start becoming too weak. When you target a mob, check it before you fight it. If it "seems too weak to be worthwhile" then it won't give you any experience. Look for mobs that are easy prey or decent challenge.
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Once you get to a high enough level, guys start to check as "Too Weak" They do not give you any XP whatsoever, you have to attack stronger guys.

heh, wow XD 3 at once =P

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

thank you , ill keep that in mind

Comment

I think using your head to make up an origional name would spark a train of ideas to help you level.

Elffy the untamed beast... ...master!
            BST75/RDM73/WHM51/NIN40/BRD38/WAR37/BLM37...
            Paragon of Beastmaster Excellence
            Paragon of White Mage Excellence
            Paragon of Red Mage Excellence
            My quest for a very full wardrobe continues...

Comment

Originally posted by piroko
              I think using your head to make up an original name would spark a train of ideas to help you level.
              As harsh as this sounds, I can only agree. Xxsephrothxx is....well, ridiculous and lame beyond anything I've seen so far.

Comment

Sadly, I agree too, as will most of the regular players.

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

Ok, don't pick on the players name now. It may be unoriginal but if that's what he wants not much is going to change that.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

The name doesn't make the man (or woman), but it certainly helps people's perception of them.

Anyway... No matter what city you started in, the zone outside of the city has two parts, so to speak. The areas right next to the city are low level, while the outside is a bit higher. You can probably find plenty of "Easy Preys" and "Decent Challenges" deeper in the zone.

When that gets bad (or if you just want to explore and fight a few things on the way) you can go to the zones slightly further away from the starting cities.

For example, San d'Oria has Ghelsba Outpost, King Rampere's Tomb, and La Theine Plateau to go to after you're tired of Ronfaure. (King Rampere's Tomb being the lowest level of those 3, so long as you don't click on any "???" or go too deep in.)

Bastok has Dangruf Wadi, Konschat Highlands, Zeruhn Mines, and Palborough Mines.

Windurst has Giddius, Outer Horototo Ruins, and Tahrongi Canyon.

It's a big world, I'd suggest looking around it. Exploration can be really fun and exciting, I think that's why people enjoy expansions so much, new items, new zones to get lost in, new monsters that you have to figure out...
                    Generic Info!

Comment

but he's the real sephiroth!
                      ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

the real Sephiroth would try to be some kind of SAM/DRK with masamune or something like that.

Elffy the untamed beast... ...master!
                        BST75/RDM73/WHM51/NIN40/BRD38/WAR37/BLM37...
                        Paragon of Beastmaster Excellence
                        Paragon of White Mage Excellence
                        Paragon of Red Mage Excellence
                        My quest for a very full wardrobe continues...

Comment

The real Sephiroth is too busy tossing his hair back and practicing looking into cameras to play FFXI.
                          Ellipses on Fenrir
                          There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                          . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Tirrock
                            The name doesn't make the man (or woman), but it certainly helps people's perception of them.

Anyway... No matter what city you started in, the zone outside of the city has two parts, so to speak. The areas right next to the city are low level, while the outside is a bit higher. You can probably find plenty of "Easy Preys" and "Decent Challenges" deeper in the zone.

When that gets bad (or if you just want to explore and fight a few things on the way) you can go to the zones slightly further away from the starting cities.

For example, San d'Oria has Ghelsba Outpost, King Rampere's Tomb, and La Theine Plateau to go to after you're tired of Ronfaure. (King Rampere's Tomb being the lowest level of those 3, so long as you don't click on any "???" or go too deep in.)

Bastok has Dangruf Wadi, Konschat Highlands, Zeruhn Mines, and Palborough Mines.

Windurst has Giddius, Outer Horototo Ruins, and Tahrongi Canyon.

It's a big world, I'd suggest looking around it. Exploration can be really fun and exciting, I think that's why people enjoy expansions so much, new items, new zones to get lost in, new monsters that you have to figure out...
                            Outer horatio ruins, and inner as well, is an under-looked GOLD MINE exp-wise at the low levels.

The one tower has cardians from 2 through 10, ranging in level from about 5 to 50. Theoretically one could exp clear from starter to g1 in there.

In actuality, the linking problem gets too bad to handle at about level 12. But by that time most people are on their way to Dunes anyhow.

Still, it's easy, wonderful EXP if you know what you're doing.

Yes, it was inspired by the Simpsons
                            If you know how to download and use VRS, I am interested in being tutored.
                            *There is a high likelihood anyone who tutors me will recieve mucho artses*

Comment

ok thank you for all your help, i will try a few of the sugested area's later O and the thing about my name, i also agree that i could of put more thought into it but i was so eeger to play the game i just put any old name and that was the first one i thought of..pretty sad but hey. I am going to start a fresh with an original name. I only achieved lvl 10 WAR so not a great loss, is there anyway to transfer the gill from this acount to my new one as it took me a fair while to get.

Comment

Working...
                              X