Warrior Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior Help

Ok. So I leveled my 7war to 10 today since some people in the linkshell want to do some BCNMs soon and said there's this really easy one that can be done with only three WARs at level 20. And I'm going to start saving up for my Mary's Horn soon. So I took WAR to 10 and then bought him all of his level 10 armor(Scale Armor). But the thing is there were no axes for level 5-12 except a fire axe. It only had five more damage points and adds fire damage. It was about 10k. But there was also another Great Axe for level 12 which has about 10-12 points of damage more.

I bought the Level 12 Great Axe for 7k and I've been using my Butterfly Axe in the dunes. I'm still level 10 and after my first party I'm really dissapointed. The DRG/NIN/MNKall outdamaged me, by far. I kept missing, and missing. And when I did hit it would be from 0-5 points of damage. I rarely was able to hit for 17 points of damage. My Great Axe skill is level 22 and on somepage it says the cap for level 10 is 33. So my question is, Is it the weapon or my Great Axe Skill that was hindering my Attack?

The food I was using was Tortilla. It gives +10HP, +4 Vitality, -1 Dexterity since I was tanking. But my Bastokan ring canceled out the -1 from dexterity.
    37WHM/25BRD/17BLM/16THF/07WAR/05MNK All other Jobs 1.

Gilgamesh Server
    Rank5

Re: Warrior Help

It's your skill that's hindering you. Each point of skill roughly equates to 1 point of attack and 1 point of accuracy. Just think, raising your GAxe to its cap would be like equipping a piece of armor that granted you +11 attack and +11 accuracy!

P.S. Don't worry about getting out damaged by damage dealers when you're filling the role of a tank. While most players don't even bother with food in the dunes, there's so little stat help you can get from gear at that level. If that MNK, DRG or NIN gets to eat Meat Mithkabob while you eat tanking food, you're going to get out damaged. But that's ok, since you're the tank. And you'll still be dealing out decent damage.
    Lyonheart
    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

yes on all accounts

And if its a drg or nin they are all adv jobs and thus have better eq cap skills and skill level then you. Also They have sub jobs.

Having such a low skill will definitely miss and less damage, heck cap skills will miss.

You probably also don't have the income for acc skill or meat(for attk up)

At lvl 10 you shouldn't need to pt anyway. And you axe is a couple of lvls below till you get to use the butterfly.

Well damage wise shouldn't really matter once you hit 15 and get berserk...but then anyone stupid enough to keep berserk on without foresight is just looking to eat dirt.

Comment

Thanks for the help ^^ I'll have to go and solo in Konshtat Highlands for awhile, leveling my Great Axe skill, but hopefully It'll be near capped when I'm level 12.
        37WHM/25BRD/17BLM/16THF/07WAR/05MNK All other Jobs 1.

Gilgamesh Server
        Rank5

Comment

And if its a drg or nin they are all adv jobs and thus have better eq cap skills and skill level then you. Also They have sub jobs.
          Actually I believe the DRG has an A+ in pole arm and the NIN has an A- in Katana. War has an A+ in GAX. So no they don't have a better eq cap, they probably just have capped out weapons.
          BRD75 BST55 WHM44 NIN37 RDM36 WAR35 BLM34
          MNK20 THF20 SMN17 DRG16 ... all others are <15, but >10.

Linkshell-Tob (www.templarsofbaldur.com)
          Rank-6.2 Windurst

Comment

The DRG *might* have capped Polearm skill already. But that's usually because they were a bad WAR who went with Polearm instead of GAxe because they were planning to drop WAR for DRG when they hit 30.

Only NINs have Katana skill. So they won't have their weapon skill pre-capped.
            Lyonheart
            lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
            Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
            Fishing 60

Lakiskline
            Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
            Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
            Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
            Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Originally posted by Goldesper
              Actually I believe the DRG has an A+ in pole arm and the NIN has an A- in Katana. War has an A+ in GAX. So no they don't have a better eq cap, they probably just have capped out weapons.
              A+ A and A- doesn' have a difference till pass 200. So it's not an issue.

What I meant was eq, (comma) skill caps, more (ffxi trained skill).

And I think most dune people are fairly smart these days, to level your weapon with a higher character, so unless you're playing a mage class, their polearm 2h2 is already capped.

heck havinng defensive skills evade and parry capped is a great hting to have for early DDs.

It's a very common thing to bring it to at least 50-70, as when soloing, every skill is life or death, and you can't cap it unless you fight even match or higher monster.

Nin's katana is different since no other job but sam can wield it. But you don't really have to worry about nin's capping katana(or close to capping), once they get utsusemi.

In his case it was sorely underskilled Gaxe. At his level he can take upto DC which should be 3-5 skill below cap, before it gets tedious and life or death situations. And not worth skilling up, and just pt.

Still it's more of a catch up, to more experiance players. Don't get envious. I once had to party with all no subs, and only pulled T-VT. Slower xp, but no one dies.

You can't put standards of very verteran players that are clearly different from starters.

Comment

ahh I see.

And I think most dune people are fairly smart these days, to level your weapon with a higher character, so unless you're playing a mage class, their polearm 2h2 is already capped.
                Agreed, I was one of these guys.... I got WAR to like 32 and started beating on things solo with Polearm and H2H so I could take DRG and MNK and THF up. My dagger and sword is already capped at like 230 too and I have a merit into both, so I can get Viperbite at 32 .

Which leads me to
                Still it's more of a catch up, to more experiance players. Don't get envious. I once had to party with all no subs, and only pulled T-VT. Slower xp, but no one dies.
                Very true.
                BRD75 BST55 WHM44 NIN37 RDM36 WAR35 BLM34
                MNK20 THF20 SMN17 DRG16 ... all others are <15, but >10.

Linkshell-Tob (www.templarsofbaldur.com)
                Rank-6.2 Windurst

Comment

Working...
                X