Guys please help MAAT WAR again !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys please help MAAT WAR again !!!!

Hi, im a WAR/NIN around the 60's and im goin to fight Maat soon. I need some tactics on how to beat him, like useing a axe and shield or a great axe. Please post some tactics on how to defeat him, thanks .

Re: Any tactics for WAR MAAT FIGHT?

My Warrior's level 20... But I heard the strategy is fairly solid and linear.

Blink Band, Attack and Defence gear, Sushi, Potions, Icarus Wing, GAX is all I believe you'll need. Persikos may help as well. Bloody Bolts too, if your Marksmanship is high.

Go in, use blink, get Defence gear on, Pop sushi. Run to Maat and get 100% TP on him. Use Warcry, Aggressor, Berserk, and Mighty Strikes. Hit him with your best WS. Pop the wing, Hit him again. Hopefully you'll be able to get a third WS off before your Mighty Strikes wears. Use Bloody Bolts and Pots to keep your HP up.

Depending on how you're feeling after that, you may want to cancel Berserk and put on Defence gear.

Have fun, and if you're around the 60s, you still have a while before you really have to worry about it.

Comment

from what I heard and planning to.
      Go in, wear opo opo necklace and sleep yourself to 200-300 TP
      run up to maat. mighty strike, berserk, aggressor, warcry
      engage > raging rush > icarus wing > raging rush.
      fragmentation skillchain
      and you win.
      any G axe 65-70 should do.
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

My friend Cellsplitter posted a vid of his Maat fight here. He used an Opo-opo Necklace to sleep to 300% tp, used all of his job abilities before engaging Maat and did Raging Rush, Icarus Wing > Raging Rush Fragmentation. You probably won't break any records that way after sleeping so long, but the fight was over in like 5 hits, so it seems like a pretty sure strategy.

Double Post Edited:
        Aw Jei beat me.
        Last edited by Taskmage; 06-05-2006, 08:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I don't know about sleeping until 300TP... I've heard people run out of time that way.

Heck, my Rng friend ran out of time doing 200TP if I remember correctly.

Comment

I don't know what the time limit is, but Cell's time was 7:58.
            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

He used an Opo-opo Necklace to sleep to 300% tp
              It's a little risky, since sleeping all the way to 300% eats up a lot of time...but since the actual WAR fight against Maat really shouldn't last more than a few seconds, I suppose it's fine.

But yeah, the common WAR G5 strat is: Opo Necklace+Sleeping Potions -> Aggressor+Berserk+Mighty Strikes+War Cry -> Engage -> Raging Rush -> Icarus Wing -> Raging Rush -> You Win.

I've also seen a video of a WAR beating G5 with a hand axe, using Rampage in place of Raging Rush. She didn't make Maat cry Uncle as fast as those who had used a Great Axe (he survived the initial WS salvo and it took her two or three more chops to do him in -- I actually think she just got unlucky and missed on a few of her Rampage swings), but nonetheless, she still got the job done.
              All Nations: Rank 10
              Rise of the Zilart: Complete
              Chains of Promathia: Complete
              75 BRD/75 WHM/75 BLM/75 MNK/75 RDM/57 DRK/40 THF/39 WAR/37 NIN & SMN/All the rest < 37

What to level next? (DRK!)

Comment

A good warm up for Maat is to do the Pulling the Strings ENM in Movalpolos. Though the level cap is 60, it's still high enough to learn Raging Rush. You won't be able to use Opo opo necklace to build up initial TP, so you'll have to rely on good old melee to build it up. The Fantoccini has a lot of HP, so it's quite common for it to survive 2 Raging Rushes + Fragmentation damage. But it should go down after a few more hits beyond the SC.

I say should since the biggest difference from the Maat fight is the sheer randomness of the Moblin Fantocciniman. The Moblin causes random effects to occur through out the fight. Sometimes it benefits you, while other times it benefits the Fantoccini.

So far, I'm 7-0 in this ENM. I hope the Maat fight is as easy.
                Lyonheart
                lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

I recommend going in at 70 because of better gear options, also use a Rune Copper because it has the highest base damage, unless you can afford a Berserker's Axe.

I just slept to 200%, the fight doesnt last very long.

http://mysterytour.web.infoseek.co.j...ps/genkai5.htm

The Leader. The Legend. The Playboy.

Comment

i did this at 66

gear: dd setup. used tiger rings instead of sniper rings. AF head, gloves, legs, feet. haubergeon. 2 coral earrings. royal guard necklace. lifebelt.

ate coreul sub. used opo-opo necklace and slept to 300% tp. full buff next to maat, attack maat, hit 2 or 3 times, hit raging rush, icuraus wing, raging rush on windsday. maat gave up after combo did over 1800 damage.

don't bother wasting gil on hi-potions, he will hit over 200 with mighty strikes and warrior evasion is horrible. beat the living crap out of him with that great axe, you only have less than 20 seconds to beat him once you engage.
                    Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
                    Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

hmm.. i always see people beating maat with a Great Axe. Is it possible to beat him with dual wield axes? im pretty sure it is but i would like to know what u need to do and wut equipment you need to do it...it would be cool if there was a vid....but there isnt

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Is it possible to beat him with dual wield axes?
                        A WAR can't dual wield against Maat, since this particular BC bars your subjob.

But yes, like I've said, I've seen a video of a WAR beating Maat with a single hand axe.
                        All Nations: Rank 10
                        Rise of the Zilart: Complete
                        Chains of Promathia: Complete
                        75 BRD/75 WHM/75 BLM/75 MNK/75 RDM/57 DRK/40 THF/39 WAR/37 NIN & SMN/All the rest < 37

What to level next? (DRK!)

Comment

I beat him with one axe, at lvl 68... Blink band, 300% tp, calamity, icarus, rampage (but i messed up and didn't even get ws off...)... few more hits and he gave up. won first try, my first maat fight evar! :D

lazy wars ftw :D

Comment

you get plenty of time to get 300% TP with sleep potions and opo-opo

yup just beserk - aggressor - mighty strikes - war cry - raging rush - ic wing - raging rush - /cheer
                            [main]@75 = BLM+WAR
                            [sub]@37+ = NIN THF RNG WHM RDM

Comment

I tried to fight Maat last night. Lvl: 66. GAxe skill: 217. GAxe skill cap: 232

I eat Meat Mithkabob, and equipped extra +acc stuff at the expense of +STR/+atk.

Pre-WS melee: 2 out of 3 attacks connected, for roudly 280 dmg each.
                              First Raging Rush: 680 dmg.
                              Second Raging Rush: 281 dmg.
                              Fragmentation: 20 dmg.
                              Maat's HP left when I died: ~50%

I guess I better get my GAxe skill closer to cap before trying again.
                              Lyonheart
                              lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                              Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                              Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                              Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                              Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                              Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                              Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Working...
                              X