Help with Rampage please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Rampage please!!!

I have no idea why, I thought I was doing everything right, but still my rampages suck ass. I"ve been out dmg by Taru WAR.... ; . ;

My Current Set up:

Darksteel Pick +1 / Viking Axe, Sipahi Turban, Spike Necklace (working on getting chiv chain) Spike Earrings x2, Haubergeon, Spiked Finger Gauntlets, Woodsman Ring x2, Amemit Mantle, Swordbelt +1 ( I also have a lifebelt, trying to get a potent), RK legs, Fighter's Cuirass.

I was trying to max out attack and eat sushi before, but I'm switching over to accuracy + meat again as I find it's much more effective.

I'd just like to know how to get my rampages to consistently hit for over 500 dmg as I've seen most other WAR do with ease. mine tend to average at 230-350, it's not even a comparrison to most of the other WAR I've PT with.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Re: Help with Rampage please!!!

1) taru war isn't a basis for comparison

2) what level are you?

3) what mobs are we talking?

4) what food are you eating?

I see we're looking at 61+, with that pick.

I used most of your same equipment (I often offhanded Tungi instead, and DS got swapped out for Franny @63 for mainhand) and still do. Although I have less money invested in my layout, it's effectively the same as you except with STR rings instead of Acc.
    In the early 60s, you often find yourself fighting the most annoying mobs to-date. No one is having fun. Every camp is Hell.
    In Bibiki Bay, I found that even with sole sushi, I still needed some +acc pieces to keep it where it needed to be (usually: lifebelt, RK collar and haub was enough).

Well, i'm not sure if my post is coherent, so lemme say this: your damage prolly isn't as bad as you think. If your rampages are low, you're either not noticing the low end Rampages of other Wars, or you're prolly outdoing them in DoT.

Another thing: most warriors already have jobs @75 and have the best equipment and likely some good merits. It's sad to get in a party with 3 warriors and you're the only one w/out a Peacock Charm.

With a Bard (which I usually have these days, oddly enough), I exp with +26 acc and sis kebabi just fine. 1 madrigal + minuet and meat > double minuets + sushi, btw. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise. You're looking at 2 high end songs vs 1 high end and 1 "oldy." The 2 layouts actually aren't too different, but meat dishes are cheaper. :D
    "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

I'm currently lv 65 WAR (4k tnl ^_^) and the taru comment was meant as a comparison of natural STR (Elvaan have something like +12 STR more than Taru naturally by 75?)

But yeah, I honestly don't get it. I macro in my AF hands for the +4 STR mod rather than keeping on my Spiked Fng.Gnt. (don't have any decent rings yet and everyone I ask says to keep +acc on for multi hit WS)

Today the lowest rampage the other WAR got was around 400 I believe, averaging like 700+ against Colibri and Date Eruca (only the Trolls seemed to resist it, but they have diamond hide >.>)

My other WAR buddy (a hume) consistently hits for 400+, I'm lucky to get that once every other fight if even. I just don't get it, my set up seems to be right...
      sigpic

Comment

Darksteel Pick is inferior to the axe.

Comment

DS pick +1 has highest base dmg of any weapon he can equip to-date (tied with Franny), so no, that makes BIGGER Rampages, not smaller ones. The only problem with that pick is it has exactly 15 higher delay than a franny. That amounts to an extra 1/4th second/swing cycle (slightly less due to DW2, actually).

Your equipment is very close to mine, as I said before. If, during rampage, you also swap on lifebelt along with your AF gloves, then during Rampage the only difference between us is you have 4 more acc and 4 less attack, and some trivial difference in str/dex. i.e. it shouldn't matter. I'm also elvaan btw. In my experience (which means casual observations that probably aren't correct), I've found that with my layout, my rampages land a bit lower in general with meat dishes. The difference is I hit like a f'n Mac Truck for normal attacks and my rampages don't suffer enough to worry about it.

If you want consistent, 400 Dmg rampages, you're gonna want rediculous accuracy -- enough that you're beyond the point of diminishing returns. I've partied with MNKs and WARs like this before. It's really funny when the Thf hits for 20-30 dmg/swing with daggers and the war hits for 30-40/swing.

Comment

Yeah, I've seen my DPS go as high as 74 dmg a swing, and I'm considering replacing my DS Pick +1 with a Tungi if I can get one (though it seems almost pointless with the Nadziak being only 2 more levels away >.>)

I guess rampage will forever be a mystery to me =/
            sigpic

Comment

I used to feel pretty bad getting outdamaged even by fellow taru wars around level 60 too. The only difference was that other wars were going all out accuracy. While I macro in STR for rampage, other wars seem to be doing better not swithcing any gears and just WS in their accuracy/attack gear.

So imo, going for ACC for rampage is your best choice up until 73-74. Landing all 5 hits will boost up your damage far more than 10-20STR can do. Once you're 75 with a few points in axe/double attack/critical merit then you can really start to pump up STR for your rampage.
              There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
              but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
              transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I've been wondering about this as well. My WARs only Lv.51, but I recently went as DRK and leveled Axe to Lv.180. I was toying around with Rampage to see what kinds of damage I could do. As DRK58/NIN29 Vs. VT Robber Crabs, I landed a 300% Rampage w/ Souleater for 150dmg. I was completely confused. Now I know I was going against a high DEF mob, but that was crazy. At some point I'll be leveling there as WAR most likely.

Later I tried doing the same thing Vs DC and EM mobs and suddenly Rampage was king. (1215dmg Vs a EM Scorp in Altepa. Scorp died, and I lost about 800HP from my friend Souleater! lol) Once I hit Lv.55, I'll be wearing most of what my DRK's wearing now at Lv.58. So I can poor on STR+25 before food. I'm wondering should I just stick with Aggressor, Sole Sushi, and Acc+47 from gear. Or even go with Mithkabobs instead with all that Acc+. (Dual Wield Viking Axe, dual Woodsman Ring, and Life Belt for my main Acc items.) I've been farming w/ Axe since I got Rampage, (It's a helluva lot better than Vorpal Scythe. /sigh) and I can do high 600's to mid 900's Vs EP to Too Weak mobs.

I've always wondered how WARs drop those big Rampages. I know some of it's Crit Merits, and others are just Aggressor w/ Sushi Vs T and VT mobs. But I still wanna put up those big numbers!
                Odude
                PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

sushi on VT x.x that would make me cry. But then, i'm still primarily meat build (thus, quite a bit of acc in gear).

Tdh, for Drk/nin 56-59, you prolly have the best layout idea. Meat, woodsmans, vikings, lifebelt. When your WAR hits that level, be aware that when Aggressor's on, your acc will hit "overkill" region. I used Str rings just fine, but your mileage may vary.

As for my Rampage equip swaps.....
                  I press alt + W and select Rampage.

Mind you, I'm an equip macro whore, yet I still don't equip swap for Rampage. I feel that my normal swings need just as much attention to acc and damage as Rampage, so I use the same ratio -- which amounts to the same equipment. Not that I'm lazy, I just think it's the best layout for both situations. Mind you, i'm far too poor to buy non-existant Spiked Finger Gauntlets so I do AF hands full time.

IMO, WS outfits don't really have a noticeable difference 'til 70+... especially as Hecatomb becomes available (if you have the resource).

Comment

Working...
                  X