Great Axe...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Great Axe...?

Oh good, Armando beat me to it. I'll just continue on my merry way...

... Back to Starcraft with me.
    "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Armando
      I don't see how you reach this conclusion. Using your own logic, DA will probably kick in once, but probably not twice for Dual Weilded Axes. Since an Axe swing is roughly half a GA swing, an axe DA is roughly half the worth of a GA DA. Also, when you do get that DA in with the Great Axe, the ammount of time shaved off to reach 100 TP is far greater than the time you save by getting an Axe DA. Either way, you can't just go with "since Axe does 10+ swings, you'll most likely get a DA." I've tried to do DA tests, and it's VERY erratic. I've started off some tests with like 15 out of 80 attack rounds getting DA, which is much higher than a 10% proc rate, and then I'll hit a dry spell where I hardly get any DAs at all to balance it out. What happens when you get 2 GA DA swings on the same 0-to-100 TP set of swings? You also left out that if DA kicks in on a GA WS, you get a much bigger increase in damage than getting a DA in, say, Raging Axe.

Double Attack benefits all weapons pretty much evenly. Wether DW Axes or Great Axe are better is purely depending on the weapon's DMG/Delay ratings, and WS.
      Timed shaved off for GAxe and DW Axes are pretty much the same if you assume 85% hit rate (due to how combat rounds work for DW Axes).

This is in this example you just need one extra hit with DW Axes to shave off an entire combat round (a combat round is basically as long for DW axes as it is for a Great Axe).

And on DA, yes sometimes you just get insane streaks of DA procing overall it is around 8~12% proc rate though.

If you happen to DA a lot Great Axe will basically always come out on top though thanks to its TP/hit while single and DW Axes fall behind.

This weren't meant to be something 100% conclusive just to examplify to how DA affected the combat rounds of a Dual-wielding Warrior compared to single wielding as well as a Great Axes wielding Warrior.

Also the problem with math, math never lies but has a hard time illustrate a lot of occurances unless you write an expression insted of an equation.

And as we all know expressions don't really have an answer (since they lack the equal sign an equation has) but does have an application instead (to test random variables out).

I can program and application with an expression to take into account every random variable there is, but that would be like a parse. It doesn't lie but doesn't show the absolute truth either.
      Keep in mind, sig might be outdated I just update it a few times per week.
      Signature with the usual levels and obtained stuff etc. . .

Comment

^ Thank you for answering my questions Armando, you rock tons

Comment

iv'e attacked up to 4 times [ testing ] however now im prone to using my Horror voulge more so then my razor/comb casters axe. Pts kinda ask you if possible to dw , especially during prommys. however GA does insane dmg especially now with str up to +20 or more with food. However rare it is , 4 swings is rediculous dmg. with the newly introduced warriors charge war will be almost unmatchable with ws when merited properly. just an opinion , then again im only level 40.

SoulOfLobo
          [ Greatest Asura LS ]
          War / Nin [40]

Comment

Originally posted by Loic
            iv'e attacked up to 4 times [ testing ] however now im prone to using my Horror voulge more so then my razor/comb casters axe. Pts kinda ask you if possible to dw , especially during prommys. however GA does insane dmg especially now with str up to +20 or more with food. However rare it is , 4 swings is rediculous dmg. with the newly introduced warriors charge war will be almost unmatchable with ws when merited properly. just an opinion , then again im only level 40.
            >_> /wave Loic

I've always been a strong advocate of the Great Axe, especially at earlier levels before Viking Axes, DWII, and Rampage where Axe/Axe really starts to shine. A Warrior not skilling both Axe and Great Axe would be like a DRK not having both Scythe and Great Sword. Both are fantastic weapons that have varied uses, and a WAR should be able to use the proper weapon when the time comes.

<_< Now, since my WAR is only level 20, you all can go ahead and ignore everything I just said if you want.
            RDM 75 - SMN 72 - WHM 37 - BLM 37 - DRK 37 -
            Bastok Rank 10 Completed
            Rise of the Zilart 16 "The Celestial Nexus"
            Chains of Promathia 8 - 1 "Garden of Antiquity"
            Treasures of Aht Urghan 13 "Lost Kingdom"

Comment

lol whats up bro , didnt know you were on DIV. what he says is true , most have there preferance but in any situation if you have both leveled [ lmao unlike Cril ] then you can handle any dd situation no matter what comes along for your war.

SoulOfLobo
              [ Greatest Asura LS ]
              War / Nin [40]

Comment

Working...
              X