is /NIN a requirement ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is /NIN a requirement ?

At first I have to say that even if I'm not a new player, I never really played a melee job except lvling DRK to 37 ( I dont really see BST as a melee job ). from a long time now WAR seems appealing to me but I just dont like NIN at all.

So my question is : Are /MNK and/or /THF good enought untill like lvl 60 ? I know that shadow's will be a requirement end game : all I m targeting for now are AF's.

On a side note : what will be nice and cheap food ? I dont like consummable and would rather spend 5 gils on expensive and shiny stuff than 1 on something I'm going to lose forever ( That's why I dont like NIN ).

Re: is /NIN a requirement ?

There was a recent discussion in this forum re: The benefits of NIN MNK and THF subs at different times in the game. While early on MNK and THF are really preferred, there does come a time when NIN makes a lot more sense sub wise. People are going to expect you to have it leveled, and really if you want to ensure the greatest range of invites, it would be best to have all sub options leveled.

I'm not a fan of throwing gil at the mob either. NIN and RNG have always been very painful jobs for me to level. I feel you.

Comment

I think you could make it to 60 with Mnk and Thf subs. Alot of wars I see that arnt /Nin are /Thf. You could probably get away with that but like Aelathir says the invites probably wont be flowing in unless your able to sub Mnk Thf and Nin. I think ppl just want to invite War/Nins as its the generally accepted combo and they dont want to try other things. I think if you want someone as a backup tank that War/Mnk is just as viable as War/Nin seens as you get extra HP, your only going to get hit very little as a backup and you get extra Str from the Mnk sub. You can always just put Tank: X in your search comment and go /Mnk till 30 and /Thf after.
      75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
      Woodworking 91.9+2
      ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Are those subs good enough to perform well in a party? Yes. Will your invite rate be as good as someone subbing nin? Maybe not. The discussion before boiled down to: nin is not the only good sub for war or even necessarily the best sub for war at a given level, but it is the only sub that many players will accept.

Here's a good food guide: http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/food.php
        The attack food that lasts for 3 hours is generally cheaper than the 30 minute food.
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

oh boy... here we go again.

cue up your war sub debate engines!...

btw, search button ^^
          Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
          ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

/THF and /MNK will get you to 60, it will just take longer. I leveled ninja to 20 in short order, and could get it to 30 fairly quickly. The only tools that are really needed to get to 30 on ninja are Shihei, for shadows, and may be kaginawa, for slow. The elemental spells are weak until you get the :NI versions. You may also use Shinobi-tabi to make it easier to get to camp.

As a WAR/NIN the only tools you will need are Shihei to tank with. Even then you will need another WAR/NIN to dual tank with.

In short, WAR/MNK will get you to 30. You gain no benifit from /NIN until 30. Then at 30 I would still prefer a /THF to a /NIN, as long as I had a PAL or NIN tank, for their DD ability.

I don't think /NIN really shines until rampage at level 55. That combined with the dual wield III make it much easier to hold hate and tank.

If however you plan on taking warrior past 60, /NIN will be required by almost any party you join. Your DoT, shadows and rampage make you a killing machine.

Comment

Thank you for the quick repplies. I'm already used to lvl with a not commonly accepted subjob as I took RDM from 30 to 75 with /SMN. Usually peoples were inviting me again the days after. The hard part is to have the opportunity to show what you can do.

Omni : the stickkies were not fully answering me and in my search for "/NIN requirement", I did not saw a more usefull post ( maybe I missed it ).

Comment

oh, i just assumed you knew had jobs work. ^^ like any other job, nothing is necessary per se. just well, some things make it easier for you. anyhow, good luck!
                Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

No /nin will run you into many complications from xp pt to missions, to skill ups, even to quests.

Finally, if one ever gets that high on warrior, merits parties are going to laugh at you.

No joy for you

Comment

Originally posted by Sigmara
                    I know that shadow's will be a requirement end game : all I m targeting for now are AF's.
                    I was only asking for exp purpose before lvl 60 (though it was clear, maybe my english is lackking).

For merits, event, quest, dynamis, missions, skill up, lvl NPC, fry taru's and what ever you want, I plan to stick with RDM.

Getting end-game gear for one job is hard enought. What I'm planning to do with WAR is just having fun while breaking the casting routine.

Lot of joy for me .

Comment

/nin is very much required if you want people to invite you. War/nin gets really popular as soon as 24war/12nin even tho performance wise, it's not anything spetacular until after 50-55.

I had many jobs I can used as sub. Mnk, drg, thf, nin etc. But from 25-75 no single PT ever ask me to sub anything else but nin.
                      That didn't bother me... I mean, I wanted to level up and I DID level up so I was happy ^^b
                      Besides, whatever sub I used, I'd still be performing good ( ̄¬ ̄) so I didn't really care.
                      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I unlocked the nin job to sub for my war seeing as I've been using pld and people say its not a good idea. However, I'm still using pld as a sub while I level up nin in the meantime and I'm still getting plenty of invites.

Comment

Working...
                        X