Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: war/mnk im stuck _ _;

Originally posted by Roidrage
    It may just be because of my low level, but at lvl 22 WAR/MNK i get mad if i dont get an invite within 30 min. of putting my flag up. usually ill get an invite while screwing around in jueno within 5-10 min of me seeking a party. i have yet to have anyone ask me to sub NIN which is great since i am only on my first character. i dont want to have to sub NIN when i finally get to unlock just because everyone else does. but sadly i know im gonna have to have it as an option if a pt wants it as my sub for WAR.
    You're going to be one angry, angry person when you get past level 30 or so. Half an hour is a short wait for a party invite.

No one worth partying with will ask you to sub NIN before 24. Between 24 and 30, most people should understand about not having it unlocked, though they'll probably still prattle on and on about it like it's sex on wheels.
    Ellipses on Fenrir
    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
    . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Roidrage
      It may just be because of my low level, but at lvl 22 WAR/MNK i get mad if i dont get an invite within 30 min
      I would suggest lowering your expectations, by a whole lot. It is not strange for every job to wait a lot longer then 30 minutes. How many people are partying or lfg at your level range will effect your wait time. How many people who want to party of other jobs will effect your wait time, no party is going to be formed if there are 50 people searching but none of them are healers for instance. Your proximity to an existing party will effect your chances of an invite. A party in Qufim that needs a replacement will choose someone in Jeuno over someone out farming while they lfg so if your the one farming, expect to wait longer.

In short, relax, if you don't get an exp group that evening it's not the end of the world.
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Invite rate isn't that bad for WAR on Ifrit. I had five invites on Sunday, and I didn't have seek flag on at all.

WAR/NIN may not necessarily be gimped compared to WAR/MNK, even at Lv.30. Our LS had a Promyvion-Holla +ENM run on Sunday, and the physical DD's were WAR/NIN x2, RNG/NIN x2. One of the RNG's parsed the results:

The top DD was WAR/NIN with sword x2, followed by the RNG's (one gun, one crossbow), then by the WAR/NIN with Great Axe. I don't think /MNK would add that much more damage to the WAR with Great Axe. From top to bottom DD, the difference was about 4%.

I was the WAR/NIN with Great Axe (no money for Military Pick x2), and I took pretty much the same gear to exp party afterwards on WAR/MNK. Party leader wanted DD and didn't let me use Shield Break (or wanted /THF sub... odd...). I ended up as the top DD in party while munching on the same food, Dhalmel Pie, so I don't think my gear was that bad. >_>;

Of course, top DD isn't always a good thing to be; I spent a lot of time with Defender up and turtled up behind my defense/VIT gear set macro.

Anyway, the real points are the five invites for my WAR32 when not seeking; I was online and not in party (or /away) for about 3 hrs Sunday. Two invites came while I was on WAR/NIN trying to get ready for Promyvion-Holla, three of them when I was on WAR/MNK afterwards. (Wanted to tank, but was mostly AFK for 2hrs so didn't put up the flag. ^_^; )

Hang in there; invite rate shouldn't be that bad for WAR/MNK--at least not for long.
        Last edited by ItazuraNhomango; 06-27-2006, 09:11 PM. Reason: Left out words.
        Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
        yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
        Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
        leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Working...
        X