This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New warrior, lvl 16, needs some advice

Im lvl 16 war, im thinking about for my sub job do this, war/mnk, then i have no clue what to do, i dont even know when i can get an adnvanced job or if i should get one at all, help pleaseee thanks

Re: New warrior, lvl 16, needs some advice

You can do quests for Advanced jobs at level 30. As to whether or not you should use one, you should just pick a job that interests you and go with it. The "basic" jobs can be just as potent and powerful and useful as the "advanced" jobs. Really advanced jobs is just a misleading term. There aren't any. Just pick what you like and roll with it.
    My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
    Originally posted by Balfree
    Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

War/Mnk is a normal first /sub option for War. At lvl 30 you can start advanced jobs, alot of people I know like to go War/Nin for dual-wield...axes...so make sure you have your axe skill capped ^^

Comment

Oh and war/mnk until 30 is a wise choice. If you're taking war farther than that, you might want to invest in thf and nin sub too. Most people expect you to dual wield axes with nin sub at around 50 anyway.
        My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
        Originally posted by Balfree
        Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

thanks for the help

Comment

Just a note on WAR/NIN: It has its uses because of Utsusemi, but Great Axe is better than two axes until at the very least 50 unless you desperately need a WS with Detonation (like...never?) Also, if you can't time Utsusemi to recast in between hits, don't even try to tank on your own as WAR/NIN (go WAR/MNK instead.)

Comment

what server are you in, if your in my server i can walk you through and guide you with whatever you need, im in Lakshmi, you can join if you want and become a war, i can give you a world pass, just tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando
                Just a note on WAR/NIN: It has its uses because of Utsusemi, but Great Axe is better than two axes until at the very least 50 unless you desperately need a WS with Detonation (like...never?)
                Off topic i know, but detonation chain in bibiki bay owns through dhamel. So it does have its uses :D
                Blm 75 - One and only love! Lets nuke!
                Originally Posted by Kirsteena
                Oh crap, lock down your beer.....
                Originally Posted by Sethe
                QFT!
                With Kutu around no alcohol is safe. Hide ya beer!
                www.konohals.eu - Endgame EU ls, bahamut server

Comment

At 18 when you get your subjob Mnk is probably the best sub for War until 30 from the available starting jobs. You can use /thf but its not really better than Mnk till lv30War/15Thf so you get sneak attack from it. (Still debateable if its better than mnk. Guess its situational.) At 30 you can get any of the advanced jobs. I say any, you can activate them all but youll need help on some I would imagine (Samurai). If you want to take warrior all the way youll need to lv a sub for it . You can continue lving Mnk as a sub or switch the to more common sub of Ninja. With warrior at 30 youll be able to take any of the following to 60 without having to lv up your sub: Mnk(Basic) Thf(Basic/Better with Ninja sub imo) Nin(Advanced) Sam(Advanced) Drg(Advanced). Drg can use alot of subs so you might want to lv other jobs like Rdm for that. If you want to play a mage youll have to start over again on at least 2 jobs (Main and Sub J). You can get Smn and Brd at lv30. Good subs for Brd are Whm, maybe Rdm sometimes. Smns the same. Theres also the new jobs, Blue mage, Puppet Master and Corsair but Ive not been able to test them yet so Im not commenting. Its very basic but youll get to know how to play whatever job you choose eventually and youll be able to tell what subs and play styles go best for it
                  75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
                  Woodworking 91.9+2
                  ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Working...
                  X