This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Diffence of War/Nin and War/thf

Then....tank as war/mnk or find a good war/mnk tank so you can parse it? I was referring to your statement that "Ehhh, you don't have to play a job to be able to do math, though."
    Calin - Ragnarok

Comment

Hmm, I guess I could be wrong about the counter/tp thing. But I'm pretty sure it gives me the extra 12 TP when the monster should've hit me (before the swing). Like i said, i never paid much attention to that, but I was building TP rather quickly.

Comment

It doesn't give TP, I just tried it.

Comment

Unless they changed it i distinctly remember getting 2TP back..

Comment

I think you may have it confused with the 2 TP you get for taking a hit?

Comment

i'm always late to the good discussions. Armor Break: I thought this was -12.5% same as acid bolts. In fact, I thought they were the same debuff. I could be wrong and I have done 0 testing and I know you do quite a bit of ballista testing to inform me. :O

Weapon Break: The mob doesn't have to be weak to water. They just can't be strong to water. Although I still don't have it, this misconception has spread to Full Break. You don't need mobs weak to earth just to make use of it. With the addition of Corsair, a WAR could start a fight with Full Break while the backline sticks the mob with elegy and slow, and then Earth Shot would (in theory) enhance all 3 of these debuffs to insane levels. I just... can't think of a practical application for this...

I don't need to tank as war/mnk all the way to 74 just to know about war/mnk just because some other poster has done such. I've done enough war/mnk tanking to know what it's about and it's limitations. What irks me currently is that I seem to take as much damage in my defense set as my offense. Granted, it's no where near as much as a PLD's, but it's annoying to see me get hit for 120 and then the PLD gets hate back and gets hit for 40-60. I can't justify spending 2 mil+ on gear that I only get to use on the rare occasions that I get hate w/out shadows (had a lot of good PLDs recently and of course, I never get to play with my other subs when I have nin leveled).

Nny: if you happen to see this post, you're right about it being a game and jobs being able to do things however they want and whatnot. But as a life-long min/maxer|powergamer, I want to know just how far these jobs can go. So yea, it's a game, but just for that, I can't justify BILLIONS of level 30 war/nins running around thinking dual wield means you swing twice as much or even that obnoxious idea that dual wield increases your tp gain when it doesn't HRUAAAAAAAAAAAAAA<----Picture Beowulf shouting as he kills Grendel with his bare hands (not Apple Pie-Grendel. he'd solo Beowulf any day)

...anywho, I just don't like it when people are misinformed or uninformed. And that's what the boards are about -- information, not bitch-fests. Some Forums have forgotten that.

When I level DRK, I wonder if I can get max enmity merits and just tank as drk/nin >.> Have a war/thf tank or something whose job is just to voke to make sure hate is off of mages and have a paladin-level refresh priority. Not likely but I can try.

HEY! just to toss this out there. Does anyone have any information on where I can exp through the 60s on slower attacking (war/nin friendly) mobs? I've tanked raptors ok w/bard and their billions of utsu-interrupting WSs, but I think parties would be bigger believers if I could target mobs that were more conducive to it (like manticores).

shit, this post went too long
              "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

i'm always late to the good discussions. Armor Break: I thought this was -12.5% same as acid bolts. In fact, I thought they were the same debuff. I could be wrong and I have done 0 testing and I know you do quite a bit of ballista testing to inform me. :O
                I tested it in Brenner, it's 25%, though it IS the same effect as Acid Bolts, and you can't stack them. How they overwrite, that's in the air. They were being really bitchy. Sometimes I'd get hit with the bolt, then Armor Break, and I'd stay with the bolt's effect. Other times I wouldn't. Sometimes I'd get hit with Armor Break's effect, and then have it overwritten by the bolt's. Other times it wouldn't overwrite. In the end, I couldn't draw any conclusions. I just know that they don't stack, so if you're going to make constant use of Armor Break, forget about the bolts.

That being said, Shield Break + Meat dishes > Armor Break + Sushi. Not only do you need 267 total Accuracy to get a 40 Accuracy increase through most Sushi (including the ever-popular Sole Sushi,) making it no match for Shield Break, Shield Break also allows you to stick Acid Bolts to boot.

Comment

Isnt brenner different than actual gameplay?

Comment

It is, but the numbers stay the same. From all the testing I've done, what they adjust is the formulas used, not the actual stat-up and stat-downs. I get -30 resistance from getting hit with Ninjutsu both inside and out of Brenner, for example. Berserk is still Attack up 25%/Defense down 25%. They just make it so that damage and accuracy scales differently with those same numbers.

Comment

Working...
                    X