X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best race (galka etc) to have as a war

plz help

Re: what is the best race (galka etc) to have as a war

There all horible. I would choose none of them.
    You kill one man, your a murderer
    Kill many and your a conquerer
    Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

any race can play any job. there is no best race.

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51079

read this. this topic has been discussed before

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
      Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
      I live to entertain!

Comment

Ppl may say that there is no best class to start of as, so long as you get equipment to pick up your down falls. Imo, that is not true. A galka is a far better PLD then a taru just because a Galka has more "natural" VIT and doesn't have to worry as much about getting VIT equipment. That is just my opinion, it makes since to me. So to get back to your question. If you want to be a tank, go Galka. If you want to be a DD go Elvaan. If you just aren't sure go with Hume. I hope this helps you out. Good luck
        My Split Personality
        Which FF Character Are You?

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

pick the race you like because you like the way it looks. the difference between races is small, and each race has its strength and weaknesses, making them all more or less equal.

playerskill > gear > race

and

liking how your character looks > the minor difference in stats that race gives.

remember, you won't always be playing warrior. in ffxi, you change jobs a lot.
          Last edited by aegina; 12-14-2005, 08:31 AM.

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
          Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
          I live to entertain!

Comment

The flip side of your arguement Crode is that GAL has the lowest MP while TAR have the highest. Cures, and as a consequence MP, are one of your most important tools to keep hate as a PLD.

A wise player will realize the strengths and weaknesses of all races and adapt accordingly.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

there are some natural born talents I guess. galka PLD indedd are more reliable, regardless of their performance having a Galka meat shield always feel good ^^ those natural born talents won't matter much after 50+ I think. Before that they will still show somehow.

for warriors I personally like elvaan for their natural STR.
              There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
              but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
              transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I have a hume warrior and a galka warrior. The Galka has more strength and higher HP than the hume, so i always go for Galka for Monk and Warrior whilst my hume does WHM, RDM. For all the other jobs its going to be hume or elvan as I need a mixture of strength and MP, I don't want to soley be a magic user as its gets boring, other wise I would be a taru, as for mitha, well not until I seek my femanine side

Comment

Originally posted by aegina
                  pick the race you like because you like the way it looks. the difference between races is small, and each race has its strength and weaknesses, making them all more or less equal.

playerskill > gear > race

and

liking how your character looks > the minor difference in stats that race gives.

remember, you won't always be playing warrior. in ffxi, you change jobs a lot.
                  I agree with you, I change jobs all the time I have a lvl 23whm, 10thf so far, but in order for me to get the job I want as my main i have to lvl most of the other ones, like as soon as I get my thf to 18 I am going to lvl mnk to 15 and then lvl war to 30 so that I can use war/mnk untill I lvl drg to 30 that way when my drg is 30 so will my war and then i can focus on lvling my drg and not have to worry about lvling wwr untill drg hits lvl 60 ^^ if you understood my rambling I basicaly said I am going to use drag/war as my main, I would have used drg/sam but sam is not a very good subjob anymore since they made changes to it
                  "You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

"Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth.
                  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perserves." 1
                  Corinthians 13:6-7

Come along and join us ^.^!!!

Comment

Originally posted by neighbortaru
                    The flip side of your arguement Crode is that GAL has the lowest MP while TAR have the highest. Cures, and as a consequence MP, are one of your most important tools to keep hate as a PLD.

A wise player will realize the strengths and weaknesses of all races and adapt accordingly.
                    Max MP doesn't mean much if you only keep it full for all of 3 seconds, or reverse, does not use it all up.

It really comes down to how often you get into a "exclusive position" which SE and community constantly change.

Galka Wars are very good if you want to end up an SC SA HNM war/thf doer and kite with war/nin....for almost all your time. two main stats of str and vit are important there.

But ffxi is much more multi-purpose and nothing like the min-max "tweaking" of some other games. So it's not really all that important, as beyond roles, we also do multiple jobs now.

One day you're a war, another you're a whm, and still next you're a rdm, smn, ect.

Comment

Working...
                    X