This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: War/DRG?

Again. DRG gets passive acc at level 30. The only way to get passive accuracy from 20-30 is to sub RNG. DRG gives you passive -attack- from 20-30.

Comment

Jesus, sorry. Posted that too late at night. I was thinking of /RNG ._.

Comment

That's a better question: from 20-30, sub rng or drg? Ah, the eternal debate.

Comment

21-30 /Rng with Acid bolts and Shield Break. You'd be a stud.

Comment

Originally posted by Cetra
            My IQ just dropped 5 points. And I didn't think it was possible for it to drop any lower..
            Thank you.

Hahaha, are you trying to say PLD and NIN outshine WAR in tanking? You obviously have never witnessed a half-decent WAR tank. Thanks for the laughs.

/DRG is a perfectly acceptable subjob pre-30 for the ACC boost, though people are not really familiar with the combo yet. /MNK is also good at these levels. At 30, you should go with /MNK or /THF, but also have /NIN available. /NIN has fast invites, but the only worthwhile advantage is Utsusemi (WAR/NIN is arguably the best tank pre-37). /MNK is still great for tanking.

/THF is an excellent DD, and will outparse /NIN 99% of the time if you are playing it right. You can get some pretty high numbers with SA Sturmwind.
            At 48-50, /NIN will start to become more powerful. Dual Wield II and the option to dual wield Viking Axes (+10 ACC) make it a powerful combo. And it will continue to become more powerful. Sub whatever you want at this point, but make sure you keep /THF, /NIN, and /MNK leveled.

At 60, WAR will have access to Raging Rush (and by this time, you will have also had access to Rampage). /THF starts to pick up here for awhile. Also, /SAM is acceptable at this point. So, you could give that a shot. /THF and /NIN are both acceptable. /SAM too, but generally /THF and /NIN are a better idea.

But eventually, WAR/NIN will start to blow /THF out of the water in exp. It will become the obvious choice at some point, especially with Utsusemi Ni at 74. But even at this point, all subs have a use. You will want to have them at some point.

Always keep multiple weapons capped (preferrably sword, axe, and Great axe, anything else is really up to you), and have multiple subjobs leveled, so you can be ready for any situation. Warrior is the king of versatility, make sure it stays that way, and show people why it is the king of versatility.

Good luck.

Your IQ is deffinately very low, noob.
            http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

The only Problem I have with Nin Tanks is thats not what they were intended to do when SE created the job. They were ment to be Debuffers and BLM assistants. If not even having or being subbed to BLM for the HUGE INT boost they give. To me I always felt like Ninja was being abused using it as a tank. Sure its innovative. But it thus limits the job to almost no versitility because everyone wants it as a tank.

Comment

Working...
              X