Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: double attack merit works when /war?

Originally posted by Jei
    I see. That's what I understand too. Double attack merit still sounds a lot more fun than mnk's merit however I might stick to war for a while...
    Do not doubt the power of +Counter merit. Once I finish maxing it, I can start fully tanking
    All spells obtained!
    Homam Gear: 2/5

Comment

Originally posted by bside
      just the ingot. not to mention it's usually heavily camped.
      well the ingot is 80% of the price...

i did it that way because i hate to spend money for something i can get for free.
      i just camped Roc 2 days and claim, called 4 ppl to sarumauge campaigne and got dropp^^

CoP=Complete RoZ=Complete ToAU=Mission 8
      Blade:Jin, a wicked badass 3-fold skill that totally outparses ridill WARs and Blackbelt monks and averages 700-1300.

Comment

for all that double attack+, with joyuse on off hand, you'd gain tp like a mo fo. and if double went off alot during rampage, looking at crazy damage

Comment

Considering u can merit it 5x, then if you have af1 boots, af2 legs and the new earring and eat that new sushi with double attack enhance, your like double attack+9 u should be swingin axes almost like a kraken. God i cant wait to get thief triple attack merited 5x then get homam body and af2 boots /droooool
          AF1 Boots only give 1% Double Attack, so does Tentacle Sushi. Not worth it...if you equip Roshi Jinpachi, Shogun Rice balls would give +50 Attack, +30 Defense, and +5% Double Attack, though. How much % do you get out of each Double Attack merit, anyhow?

Comment

1% for each Double Attack or Triple Attack merit.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

Hmm.. I'm pretty sure AF boots add more than 1%.

Comment

I've asked alot of war's why they're like 70+ and using AF boots and apparantly it really does make a BIG difference in double attack..
                VRS, it's like shoving an apple down a baby's throat.

Comment

I haven't tested it, so I can't say for sure. However, beware what people "notice." Some people "notice" DA going off every other hit, supposedly, even though that's damned near impossible even with merits. Some PLDs "notice" shielding every 3 out of 4 hits even though you can't seem to exceed 65% with Size 1 shields, let alone Size 3. The only real way is testing. Get a Beestinger, find a high HP mob, and record how many Double Attacks you get in a set number of attack rounds (preferrably 100) with and without the boots. That ought to be conclusive enough.
                  Last edited by Armando; 05-29-2006, 08:26 AM.

Comment

hmm the thread is a little old but I think my question would fit here. I got my BLM to 73 now. Once I got BLM to 75 I'm taking my War to 75 next. Have been thinking about gear choice atm.

My war is 61. I don't have enough experience with +haste gears here but as Rdm I enjoy double attack from my joytoy so much @@; I plan to max out double attack merit the first thing, and then critical next.

So, what do you think about going all out double attack instead of haste? I only know AF1 feet and AF2 legs that gives double attack enhance. Will this be an acceptable plan, or will +haste pieces work better in these slot? Also what are other double attack pieces I can look forward to?
                    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

as far as equip goes haubergeon is 4m on our server its good and when ur fighting IT mobs better because the accuracy +. its fun to play warrior but when u get 75 with it and ur able to really tweak ur equip then u can notice the difference urself and know what u want. i do suggest in using some type of parser so u can see whats best for you. its how i decided my equip

as a 75 taru warrior myself i have alot of knowledge you may want to know. and my good friend is a taru war with a complete different setup in merits then me

I found that meriting axe skill increased my damage on weaponskills by a fair amount and noticed that when i hit 4 merits in axe that i was doing between 800-1300 per rampage depending on double attacks. which double attack rate does help on that. atm my axe is at 8 merits but i don't see much of a difference between 4 and 8 based on ws.

my merits for pertaining to warrior

i use woodsville main jugger 2nd
                      8 axe
                      2 evasion
                      2 sword (i also have supponmi[sp])
                      4 crit
                      5 double attack
                      1 str

my friend however is setup like this

8 sword
                      4 axe
                      5 str
                      4 crit
                      4 double attack
                      3 aggressor
                      3 berserk

he does just as good as me cept tps faster because he has more haste equip and its only by a small fraction.

i myself have joyuese and just so you know joyuese and other items like kracken club or ridil have their own double attack % enlisted for the item which does not combine with the double attack you may have merited or equiped. so i think dual axe with 5 double attack is better then joy toy and a single axe. either way you go it will work, i just prefer axe because more damage per hit

on another note grab a corsair and static war with a cor and you will have insane double attack rate with the fighters roll.

Comment

thanks for the input Shinjii. Yea I have lots of questions lol

What's your take on haste VS double attacks? I heard the AF1 was close to 1%, AF2 1.5%, how accurate are these? What about the Brutal earring and AF1+1?
                        It doesn't look like we'll be able to get higher than 5-6% total of double attack is it? With Byakko hydate's 5% haste is that like equal to all the double attack bonus combined in 1 equipment?

Also for WS, how do you compare going all STR VS double attack on the legs, feets and ears slot?

my equpment plan for WS. How do you think these will work out at 75?
                        head - 3STR turban. Can't see anything better than this except the hetacomb head. Which I probably won't be able to get for a while
                        hand - planning to upgrade my AF hand which will give me 6STR... until I can get that stupid 11STR bracelet >.< already 60M.
                        Nect - Chivalroud Chain 3STR 5ACC is good enough at 75?
                        Ear - brutal & 2STR, or 2x STR??
                        other slots are usualy stuff, amamit+1, werewolf, STR rings.
                        Last edited by Jei; 06-05-2006, 02:56 PM.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

do you have supponmi?

i think your setup for lvl 75 gear is ok for WS but in TP haste is godly

if you wanna say whats best to use we can all dream about gear yours seems pretty realistic.

Though i wouldn't use the 3str turban cause u will miss abit. in your WS gear i see 5acc + even with 8 axe merits 5 isn't enough i keep +10 at least so use optical hat.

use brutal if u can get that and the rest sounds good for endgame

also use haste gear for tp double attack and str for WS

unicorn leggings are better then af1 boots if u got the gil

since i don't use hauby or hauberk i use osode i have to use the hat or a life belt

Comment

I have no suppa... ;_; orz . Been waiting for divine might shouts to show up forever.
                            To /joy off hand I really want that ear ring.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Working...
                            X