This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STR/VIT and Steel Cyclone

THis is really just a question that has been bugging me. I did a search and I couldnt really find anything on it, or I missed it. If I missed it feel free to link me to the discussion.

Anyway, my question is how do you find the balance between STR/VIT and maybe ATK for steel cyclone. I plan on lvling WAR next, and I know that VIT is the modifier for Steel Cyclone. But if you have too much VIT and not enough STR/ATK, wont it do less damage since STR and ATK determine the damage you do normally?

I guess what I'm asking is how do you guys find a balance between VIT and STR, or do you just go all out VIT for Steel Cyclone?

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Re: STR/VIT and Steel Cyclone

http://wiki.ffxionline.com/index.php...n_Skill_Damage

Steel Cyclone adds 50% str and 50% vit to your damage. I don't believe these factors are dependent, so having 90 str and 10 vit would produce the same damage as having 10 str and 90 vit or 50 str 50 vit.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Ah ok, i wasnt aware that both were a factor ^^ thanks for the info

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

STR > VIT always. STR is not only a stat modifier (Which VIT only is), but also raises fSTR and PDIF. Focus on STR when it comes to WSs and nothing else. PDIF (What ATK modifies) is taken care of by Sneak Attack (Adds +1.0 to PDIF, making +ATK not do much), and VIT just doesn't do much for damage at all.
        JohNNY

Comment

So would you take say... Hecatomb Cap(+11? STR) over Genbu's Kabuto(+15 VIT)?

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

well, seeing that theres more vit, id go with the kabuto, but im not sure
            WAR75/ MNK45/ WHM38/ RDM6/ DRG13/ RNG42/ BLM21/ THF45 /SAM22 /NIN53 /BRD64 /DRK11 /SMN12/BST28/ PLD13/18 BLU/17 COR/1 PUP

"The man all the ladies want."

Comment

ZQM has a good point. STR effects your WS power in more ways than being a secondary attribute to the WS. Go with STR over VIT unless the VIT is higher by a considerable factor.
              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Yeah, I use Heca Cap over Kabuto. I only have +9-19 VIT (Warwolf Belt (+5), Auditory Torque (+4), and sometimes Kirin's Osode* (+10 VIT) and even then that's only becuase those are the highest +STR items in those slots) but +59 STR, which has led to pretty big numbers (1,666 to Tiamat, 2014 to King Vinegarroon, amonst others).

*Still trying to figure out if Adaman Hauberk or Kirin's Osode is better. +15 ATK doesn't really do that much, but +15 ACC helps incase Double Attack procts).
                JohNNY

Comment

Working...
                X