X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sniper rings vs. STR rings

Originally posted by Aeni
    A MNK's LJ entry has made me wonder about this for WAR/NIN. On the flipside, why don't WAR/NINs use Bison Steak/Red Curry instead and go full Acc+/Crit+ gear?
    Well, for one, Red Curry is like 800k apiece on my server. Though I get your point about something like Bison steak or other atk food, and realize that msg is nearly a month old. It does beg the question though, Why do people use red curry? Its nearly a million gil for one and lasts 4 hours. Yellow curry provides nearly the same rewards for 1/100th the cost. Knowing my luck, I'd pop it, and get so much hate from two hits that I'd die 1 minute later.
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian
      ...Well, for one, Red Curry is like 800k apiece on my server...
      I guess its because I'm not yet 50, but it seems like 1 million for ANY food is a HUGE waste of money, any comments?
      Never fear Death... simply become it...
      http://www.insomniel.com/quizzes/dragoon.html <-- ME!

Artist: Blue Oyster Cult Lyrics
      Song: (Don't Fear) The Reaper Lyrics
      All our times have come
      Here but now they're gone
      Seasons don't fear the reaper
      Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain..we can be like they are
      Come on baby...don't fear the reaper
      Baby take my hand...don't fear the reaper
      We'll be able to fly...don't fear the reaper
      Baby I'm your man...

Comment

Originally posted by DeathFromAbove
        I guess its because I'm not yet 50, but it seems like 1 million for ANY food is a HUGE waste of money, any comments?
        /Agree Not saying the food isn't badass, just that for the cost its incredibly not worth it. Its not THAT much better than yellow curry to warrant the expense. (I realize it cost that much b/c of the ingredients, just don't see why people pay for it.)

Comment

depends. If you can make enough money for it. I myself make around 1m a day, so 1m food isn't all that beyond reason. Not to mention some other players with 100+ million laying around
          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
            depends. If you can make enough money for it. I myself make around 1m a day, so 1m food isn't all that beyond reason.
            Geez, what do you do for your money? Not asking for details, just in general? Fish, mine, farm, garden?

I do see your point, just still seems like a lot, regardless of how much money you have. Especially when an untimely death makes that 1 million gil purchase moot.

Comment

I'm a 92 fisher and I also have a mule with 100 cooking 65fishing.
              they are on seperate account, so what I do is fish with my jaza while waiting for PT, and cook them wiht my mule while my jaza is PTing.

Sole sushi, tavnazian taco are what I make mainly.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Caspian, WTF is up with your server? Red Curry for 800K? *faints* I think if you poke around in Bazaars here, you can find them for about 100K or so and like Jei has stated, I know a couple of people that can easily make 3-5 M in a day off of just a couple of synthed items.

Edit:

Forgot to add, lol. When I was like around level 65 ... or 66? Well, it's been a while. O_o A friend made some bunch of foods and then asked me and some other people if we wanted it, since she was skilling mostly and was actually trying to get rid of the overflow (She was stacked on like 6 mules hitting the AH full time in Jeuno and the stuff she made could only move so fast and made slower still when she staunchly refused to undercut) Anyway, I popped a Hedgehog Pie for the very first time then (It was going for 80K on AH at the time) and we were working on some MNK testimony in Oz - actually, we needed a pair of them. It was an abysmal lunar phase and we were there for 3 hours. Anyway, back to the topic, there was a tank who was about level 74, a galkan PLD I think. He had some good gear from an HNM LS he was in. All I can say was he couldn't keep hate off (DRK/WAR) as I was rocking the mobs with my scythe. I felt good.

Last edited by Aeni; 11-29-2005, 04:24 PM.

Comment

skilling up on hedgehog pie, wow...

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Well, if you're making that much money, then i guess i need to be getting my fishing skill finally past 25 and cooking past 40 ( was making kobobs to lvl with )
                    Never fear Death... simply become it...
                    http://www.insomniel.com/quizzes/dragoon.html <-- ME!

Artist: Blue Oyster Cult Lyrics
                    Song: (Don't Fear) The Reaper Lyrics
                    All our times have come
                    Here but now they're gone
                    Seasons don't fear the reaper
                    Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain..we can be like they are
                    Come on baby...don't fear the reaper
                    Baby take my hand...don't fear the reaper
                    We'll be able to fly...don't fear the reaper
                    Baby I'm your man...

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
                      skilling up on hedgehog pie, wow...
                      She hasn't played much, but like me, got toons here there and everywhere. I have no idea how she has the time, because I don't (Otherwise I'd have mules with 90+ skills in crafting and she has at least 9 toons with a craft of 95-100 ) I think the last I heard, she made over 100 million from food alone in a 4 month stint on her mule. Whenever she didn't make squid sushi, the AH would sell out and price jump to 40K a stack. When she made them, it went down and at a consistent 18K per stack ... orz. No, I'm not exaggerating. She left off woodworking at 90sh I think before taking a "temporary retirement" ... >.>

Comment

Working...
                      X