This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rune Weaponry Practicality

I recently hit 70 and picked up a Rune Chopper (Great Axe), it's got Haste+9% and Acc+5 as Latents. However for them to be active 4mp/sec is drained. I was using this axe just for the higher damage stats vs Collosal Axe and this one looks cool too. However, to get the most out of these weapon types what should my gear setup be? I've been told I need an MP pool to drain from so O_O. Any high lvls who've had the same issue please let me know if it's owrth trying to get the latents or not bother and just use for damage, thanks.
    Ariesknight
    Server: Siren
    San D'oria Rank 5
    Jobs: 70 WAR, 56 PLD, 32 NIN, 15 THF, 15 DRG, 15 MNK, 13 DRK, 13 SAM, 4 RNG
    Limits 1,2,3,4 COMPLETE
    Warrior AF COMPLETE
    Paladin AF 4/6

The drain on Rune Chopper is actually 3MP/3 seconds meaning that just having standard refresh is enough to not cause any MP drain at all. The practicality of you using this to it's full potential in a standard leveling party is very slim though (unless you're partying with a Red Mage friend) as you won't find many Red Mages willing to keep you permenently refreshed. Generally, the best item to use in conjunction with the Rune weapons is Kirin's Osode because of the 30MP it gives. As that's not an everyday item and you aren't 75 anyway you'll need to find something else that gives MP without sacrificing other stats too much. I'm sure there's plenty for an Elvaan such as yourself. Alternatively you could look for some MP adding foods too if, unlike me, you can cope with using anything but Sushi.
    【MNK 75 - WAR 75 - NIN 75 - BRD 75 - WHM 75】

Comment

I used the Chopper once in a party with latents active. Was a WAR RNG NIN RDM BRD WHM party, so RDM was happy to Refresh me. ;x I just wore an Electrum instead of my 2nd STR ring. It was decent, but it would be more useful if I'm tanking. Didn't get to parse it though. ; ;
      WHM 75 | BLM 37 | RDM 63 | WAR 75 | MNK 44 | NIN 37 | RNG 20
      Windurst Rank 10 | Bastok Rank 10 | Sandoria Rank 3
      No more permanent stats on "In areas outside own nation's control" items.
      Combat Caster's Boomberang +1 | Master Caster's Bracelets
      Sandoria is gay.

I'm a warrior and I kill stuff! RAWR!

ph34r the Gigant Axe rush.

Comment

Re: Rune Weaponry Practicality

ya its 3mp/3 ticks , decent dmg on it too
        http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?71797

58WAR/36NIN/31THF/24MNK/32SAM Rank6

Comment

Re: Rune Weaponry Practicality

MP refresh juices wrork
          Why be like someone famous when you can be like me.

Comment

Working...
          X