This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AF alternatives?

Hey hey, long story short left FFXI in december MIGHT come back now. Left as a Pld may want to come back as a WAR/NIN due to there more usefullness with blink or so they say. Right now I'm just gathering tons of info on things about warrior that would make me interested in it or not. I'm just wondering right now though if the war AF is a must get or is there some alternatives and by alternatives I don't mean halfass crap at that level and how long do you use it?

Usually people ask for Haubergeon alternatives. But, not really. You can't get much better for provokes than full WAR AF.
    Juggernaut: X
    Woodville's: X
    Byakko's Axe&Haidate: O
    >.>;; Still gimp: O

Comment

It has more Enmity than Pld AF.

Comment

Most warrior's I've seen 60's either have Haubergeon or Byrine. The Haubereon can be changed once you have a chance to get a hold of the Hauberk. Most of the alternatives are when you reach lvl 70's like the optical hat and kirin osode. But never let go of those AF feet, they are the best ones in my opinion
        Blm.75 - Whm.56 - Mnk.58 - Rdm.48 - Nin.37 - War.37 - Drk.37

Merits - 98
        Goldsmith - 85.2

Comment

correct me if i'm wrong, but isnt the hauberk just more def then a hauby??

hauberk cost like 700k less then a haub+1 wouldnt that be the better option?
          Why be like someone famous when you can be like me.

Comment

Haubergeon+1
            STR+6
            DEX+6
            AGI-5
            Accuracy+12
            Attack+12
            Evasion-20

Hauberk
            STR+5
            DEX+5
            Accuracy+10
            Attack+10
            Evasion-10

...so Hauberk has less evasion and doesn't have the agility handicap that haubergeon has.

i think price difference on my server is quite a bit more than 700k though...so that's a setback
            75war / 67nin / 37thf / 37mnk / 37sam

San'Doria Rank 10

Caitsith

LS: Virtue

Comment

Working...
            X