This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bomb Core

Hi all, I've recently hit level 63 and was wondering if buying a bomb core is worth it or not.

i figured it was a good deal when i was looking at it a few levels prior at about 200k-250k.

So after i level to 63, i check the AH and they're 400k now.
    (i know...shoulda bought when they were cheap...)

think it's worth it?? right now i still have a lightningbow equipped (+2 dex)
    75war / 67nin / 37thf / 37mnk / 37sam

San'Doria Rank 10

Caitsith

LS: Virtue

It all depends on you, and what your job in parties will be. +12 attack is really nice, but if you're pulling for your party (which i've done most my leveling career) then you won't be using it, since switching out ammo>> ranged weapon resets TP. If you just get to sit there and hack away at stuff, sure, grab one. If you have a tendency to throw stuff (on accident) dont get one, I know lots of people that have tossed their bomb core, and the addnl fire damage isn't really worth tossing a 400K item.

If you can't afford that, there is goblin grenades (+1str) or any other ranged weapons you can equip (+2dex, +acc, +agi, etc) Like I said, I usually pull, so I have a boomerang equipped.
    War75/Whm75/Rng75/Brd75/Nin75

Gjallarhorn

Comment

A combat caster's boom +1/+2 is a good option, especially if your current nation likes to sit in last. The acc helps and you can also pull with it.
      THF 75 / SAM 75 / WAR75 / BLM 57 / RNG 46 / RDM 42 / NIN 41 / MNK 41 / BRD 38 / WHM 38 / 37 PLD / 37 DRG

Comment

switching out ammo resets TP???

wow thats new to me, that PPA macro for sidewinder must be pretty useless then.
        Why be like someone famous when you can be like me.

Comment

If you switch Ranged Weapon it resets tp so if you go from Empty Ranged + Bomb Core to Boomerang + Empty Ammo it will rest cause Ranged slot changed.

Comment

Switching Ammo doesn't. Switching ranged does. So you can't switch Bomb core and a Boomerang, but you can do Bomb Core and Darts for pulling.

EDIT: Bah, curse you Darklighter and beating me by a few seconds. :mad:
            JohNNY

Comment

Originally posted by Thegod
              switching out ammo resets TP???

wow thats new to me, that PPA macro for sidewinder must be pretty useless then.
              Are you of all people trying to be a smart ass?

Bomb core would be pretty awsome for NIN, make sure you have someone else pulling, would be good to have when you'er not pulling.

Comment

I just picked one up recently, 600k on Pandemonium ><

I think I'm designated puller in my static but the MNK likes to pull and is more enthusiastic/faster at it then I am. So I'll get a chance to play with it. I may just buy a stack of darts to swap out (remembering to do so will end up killing me though).

BTW we were hunting haku eyes and Nny accidently threw his

/point /laugh Nny

Comment

Just create a macro that switches in the Darts before the /range line. That will save your arse. Saves you the trouble and the worry.
                  Odude
                  PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                  RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                  SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Originally posted by tdh
                    Just create a macro that switches in the Darts before the /range line. That will save your arse. Saves you the trouble and the worry.
                    That works as long as you have the item you're switching too. The sure fire way to not throw your egg would be to do:

/equip ammo
                    /equip ammo "Dart"
                    /ra <t>

The problem with that is it confuses the heck out of the game so you end up having to hit that macro more then once to get it to go. There is one way I was thinking of trying don't know why I haven't yet, but having a repetive process might work, so doing:

/equip ammo
                    /equip ammo "Dart"
                    /equip ammo "Dart"
                    /ra <t>

Got to see if that works for a macro and gets system to still shoot.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

i think you can add /wait 1 or /wait 2. might be easier.
                      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I put /echo in my ranged attack macros that says DONT THROW YOUR BOMB CORE, STUPID.

Since I've played RNG before (xbow), I had alot of ammo switch macros, so it isn't very awkward for me to remember to switch to darts before pulling, the way I used to switch to acid bolts for pull. I also put a /echo in my ammo switchs to let me know what I'm switching to. Can never be too safe when you've got a 600k piece of ammo you dont want to toss.

Comment

Throwed 2 bomb cores before :sweat:
                          i dont even know how i throwed it...
                          but both was at skill up pt XD when i try to ws i press ranged attack by mistake bomb core low delay so even if move its trhoed

Main : Sephiro
                          Mules : Sephira Eviljin Sephon
                          COP missions = Complated

Comment

Working...
                          X