Where to level 26-37?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to level 26-37?

I recently restarted playing FFXI, but I have no memory of any training spots, anything in general actually.. I was just wondering where I should seek a party to level with? Thanks for any advice
    /26 THF /31 WAR /18 DRK

Just rejoined Seraph, looking for a friendly linkshell and/or some friends to train with..

IGN: Clutchh

Re: Where to level 26-37?

The true place would be Yuhtunga Jungle and Yhoator Jungle from 26-31ish and then Garliage Citadel from 32-37. Since level sync is now around, it may be easier to level sync party in Qufim until 31 and then try to get one in Garliage. If you don't have a Kazham Pass though, you won't be able to party in the jungles, so you may need to get a higher level person to help you farm the Kazham keys if you don't have them or the pass yet.
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Yuhtunga Jungle:
      24-26 Yuhtunga Mandragora near Kazhaam.
      27-30 Goblin Smithy/Furrier, camping the tunnel north of the outpost. Recommend this over Yhoator if camp isn't taken; takes a lot less time to kill Goblins than Mandies.

Yhoator Jungle:
      27-30 Yhoator Mandragora.

The 3 areas around Jeuno:
      30-32 Evil Weapons

Eastern Altepa Desert:
      30-33 Sand Beetle
      33-36 Desert Dhalmel (PLD tanks REQUIRE a WHM with Erase.)

Garlaige Citadel
      34-37 Siege Bat and Borer Beetle.

In general, look up camps Campsitarus-- The guide to FFXI xp camps! ^^ and double-check that the level range is appropriate with Experience Points - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more . Ideally you want mobs to be around 5-8 levels higher than the party (in other words, the lowest ITs). Naturally people will level, so it's generally better to start at 6-9 to leave room for level ups. If the bottom end of the mobs level goes below 4 higher than the party, the EXP will likely take a hit. (Hint: To calculate EXP before any bonuses simply multiply the EXP in that table by 0.35 for a full party.)

But it's better for mobs to be slightly too weak than to go to a camp much too early. People often make that mistake, going to Garlaige as early as 32, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
        People often make that mistake, going to Garlaige as early as 32, for example.
        That is true, I know i've been in a few parties at 32 there including one where I duo tanked as a 33SAM...Yes I duo tanked in there at that level. Hooooooooooooooooorible I'll never do it again. I would just be so glad to get out of the jungles that I'd take what I could get. All this was before level sync though. Most of the parties, there were at least 3 people that were higher than 33 iirc and the rest around 32, but yeah 33 would be a much better level for Garliage.
        {New Sig in the works}
        -----------------------
        "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
        "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
        Originally posted by Solymir
        What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Working...
        X