Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heca + TA best gear swap for WS's?

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    Plus, if you should happen to own a Mandau, Mercy Stroke is a nasty 60% STR mod >.>
    /laugh

What? You think I'm in Aksannyi's LS?
    75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
    RANK 10 Bastok
    CoP: Done
    ZM: Done
    ToA: Done
    Assault rank: Captain
    Campaign Medal: Medals
    Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
    This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

I remember a friend of mine that got Mandau used some Heca gear on ws change while in meripo vs birds and his SATAMS's were hitting 2k with BRD. That's respectible damage for a THF. Just kinda makes me sad these days though that my ranger can do much more than that without a relic weapon. Makes me wonder if I got Coronach what I'd do... probably nothing major in the way of numbers.
      °·-._.-·°¤.-º°`¨·¥|Kageshinhiryu|¥·¨`°º-.¤°·-._.-·°
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
      sigpic

http://guildwork.com/u/kageshinhiryu

THIS LOOKS AWESOMESAUCE: http://www.deusex.com/

Comment

More questions about gear swaps for WS's:

SA + DE = DEX and STR right?

TA + DE = AGI + STR right?

DE = DEX + CHR, right?

I'm looking for advice on WS macros for THF, largely because I use a combination of Heca and Enkidu's gear. Also, I try to macro-in some CHR gear since it's a big modifier of DE. I have the AGI +8 Earrings, do I put them in ONLY for TA? Do I put my DEX gear in for SA only? Either way, I'm getting a lot of STR from my macro'd gear, I'm trying to find out if SA = mainly DEX, TA = mainly AGI, then go from there w/ addt'l CHR for DE. Anyone w/ advice?
        | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
        2/5 WAR +2
        Farsha(85)

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowHolyFlyingDragon View Post
          I remember a friend of mine that got Mandau used some Heca gear on ws change while in meripo vs birds and his SATAMS's were hitting 2k with BRD.
          What difference would a BRD make on WS in a merit party? I mean, I only play March x2. Is there another song? lol. (BRD x2 would be a different story, of course.)

Plus, SATA in meripo... What a weird concept.
          Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
          yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
          Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
          leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
            What difference would a BRD make on WS in a merit party?
            Upon reading the text you quoted, I thought that he meant that he did a 2k SATAMS on BRD, considering BRD can also use Mandau and Heca, not to mention using both SA and TA on the same WS on THF main is a waste compared to using each individually at that level.

Though, that would raise the question on what he's doing in a meripo on BRD/THF and how the heck they even got themselves a Mandau in the first place.
            Originally posted by Armando
            No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
            Originally posted by Armando
            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
            Matthew 16:15

Comment

There are plenty of idiots who will fund pretty much any relic. And plenty more who will help them fund whatever relic for whatever fucked up job. And plenty more still who will let them xp on said weird job only because of said relic.

That said, though, I knew people who had Mandau for their THF but also had BRD and would play for the hell of it, go to a meripo to fuck around. And maybe even start the party without mentioning that they were a melee BRD (even with relic) just to troll people in game.
              sigpic
              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Zoltar View Post
                DE = DEX + STR, right?
                ftfy. STR has this general tendency to trump secondary modifiers

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                That said, though, I knew people who had Mandau for their THF but also had BRD and would play for the hell of it, go to a meripo to fuck around. And maybe even start the party without mentioning that they were a melee BRD (even with relic) just to troll people in game.
                that's awesome. Though with a Mandau BRD could actually put out some nasty dmg. Just offhand a Joyeuse (or now Athame) and let the MS rip. Shit I've done 600+ evisceration @ birds, and that's without even gear swapping.
                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Yeah but truly the best part is being a BRD inviting people to merit, they think right off, "SWEET A BARD I'M IN!!!" lol
                  sigpic
                  ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                  ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                  ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                  ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Working...
                  X