Heca + TA best gear swap for WS's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heca + TA best gear swap for WS's?

i just recently got Heca hands and feet from our sky LS, I went to buy the cursed pieces to trade them in for the Heca pieces and found out they are 400k each! So I want to make sure they are worth it. Are the Heca hands and feet the best pieces to swap in for both SA + DE and TA + DE? I have the af+1 hands for thf that give the + TA damage, is the +7 str and +4 dex hands better than the increase TA damage the af+1 give? When doing TA, is there a better piece for feet than the heca feet that give +6 str +3 dex? Would it be better to swap in a + agi piece for TA?

(I'm assuming these heca piece are hands down the best piece when doing SA + WS)
    Last edited by Mezlo; 04-16-2009, 12:47 PM.
    75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
    RANK 10 Bastok
    CoP: Done
    ZM: Done
    ToA: Done
    Assault rank: Captain
    Campaign Medal: Medals
    Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
    This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Re: Heca + TA best gear swap for WS's?

Hands: Skadi Bazubands Seem like they would beat Heca mittens for TA > WS in most cases (would depend on WS modifiers for the WS).

bbl, lunch
    "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Yeah Skadi would be better, but from what I understand, those are along ways off... So besides Skadi stuff, heca wins out? I'm just torn between going +str on heca instead of +agi for TA.
      RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

Hrm, I'm no THF but I believe my boyfriend swaps to full Heca for WS with the exception of Skadi body. I'd have to check him to be sure, but yes, Heca is worth the money.
        sigpic
        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Hecatomb (NQ)

- Set Summary

* Defense +172
          * HP +58
          * STR +36
          * DEX +20
          * Attack +20
          * Accuracy +10
          * Slow +43%

Skadi

- Set Summary

* Defense +116
          * STR +8
          * DEX +12
          * VIT +3
          * AGI +17
          * CHR +8
          * Accuracy +19
          * Attack +26
          * Ranged Accuracy +19
          * Ranged Attack +26
          * Evasion -15
          * "Store TP" +7
          * Haste +5%
          * Increases movement speed
          * Set: Increases rate of critical hits

While Skadi is a beautiful set, Heca by far is going to rock harder for both TA and SA because of the massive STR difference. The only piece I wouldn't use is the hands because THF AF +1 Gloves add an additional 15% AGI to your base damage but even that's debatable.
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Therby keeping bone crafters employed and raising the price of Angel skins.

Comment

Like I said, it depends on the WS modifiers. Nearly every dagger WS has Dex as a modifier, but with some of them the % modifier isn't as high as others. Dancing Edge has a Dex modifer of Dex 30% and Chr 40% and of course there's the Agi to factor in for TA. Lastly Str is something to factor in since it is used in calculating every melee hit including WS's.

Imo the Heca feet are the best piece for TA > WS, and the Heca mittens/Skadi Bazubands are too close to call on which is best.

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
              While Skadi is a beautiful set, Heca by far is going to rock harder for both TA and SA because of the massive STR difference.
              But he wasn't asking about set vs set, he was asking about specific slots.
              Last edited by Solymir; 04-16-2009, 10:38 AM.
              "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Hecatomb v. Skadi
                Skadi shouldn't be used as a full set, but are some of the best macro/situational pieces.
                sigpic

Comment

I was gonna ramble... I deleted it.

Speaking of strictly TA, Skadi looks like the better set. But like the OP said, Heca is still top dog for SA, SA WS, or just WS.

Rogue's +1 (I hope that's what you meant when you said "relic gloves") : don't lose 'em. I assume you'll have well over 100 AGI. I'm not going to think much about the math, but I can't see much matching their worth.

Some pieces of Enkidu's might be a nice stand-in (I think the feet with DEX +3, AGI +3, Attack +4 would perform better than heca's STR+6, DEX+3) if you can get 'em. I can't say much on the worth of Dragon stuff, but it seems like a relatively cheap alt.
                  "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
                    Rogue's +1 (I hope that's what you meant when you said "relic gloves") :
                    The only piece I wouldn't use is the hands because THF AF +1 Gloves add an additional 15% AGI to your base damage but even that's debatable.
                    When did AF become Relic? And if you're not WS, the Skadi may be better but I'm still going to lean on Heca for the STR.
                    sigpic

Comment

When did AF become Relic? And if you're not WS, the Skadi may be better but I'm still going to lean on Heca for the STR.

I called them relic in the OP. I meant af+1 not relic. I fixed it after he pointed it out.
                      RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
                        I called them relic in the OP. I meant af+1 not relic. I fixed it after he pointed it out.
                        Hah! Point me!

...sorry

I would only use Heca hands in... every THF situation that doesn't involve TA. If you're doing TA or TA WS, I'd always favor the AF +1.

It appears during SA (and nothing about this would change with SA WS), DEX's impact on damage is roughly 4 times as useful as STR. This is to say, it takes 4 STR to effectively up your damage by 1, but I think DEX effectively becomes DMG (so 1:1 instead of 4:1). Though obviously, DEX won't up your Attack as well the way STR does.

For TA, ditto AGI instead of DEX. It's for this reason that I think those AF+1 gloves are pretty hot if TA's involved.

Until someone steps in and says otherwise...
                        Last edited by Lmnop; 04-18-2009, 05:47 PM.
                        "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

*waits for Armando*
                          sigpic

Comment

It appears during SA (and nothing about this would change with SA WS), DEX's impact on damage is roughly 4 times as useful as STR. This is to say, it takes 4 STR to effectively up your damage by 1, but I think DEX effectively becomes DMG (so 1:1 instead of 4:1). Though obviously, DEX won't up your Attack as well the way STR does.

For TA, ditto AGI instead of DEX. It's for this reason that I think those AF+1 gloves are pretty hot if TA's involved.

Until someone steps in and says otherwise...
                            Not saying otherwise outright but it does vary by WS. +1 fSTR is active on every hit, +1 DEX on SA is only active on the first hit. When you're doing stuff like DW Dancing Edge or Evisceration, it's 1 hit getting the DEX boost vs 6 hits getting the fSTR boost.

Comment

Plus, if you should happen to own a Mandau, Mercy Stroke is a nasty 60% STR mod >.>
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X