Evasion Skill Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evasion Skill Up

72 THF looking to skill up my Evasion which is really low. It is at 188 now and caps at 261, so a pretty sizable gap. All the Evasion Skill threads I could find were pretty old - is there anything better to do to skill up than just let a high level Gob beat on me, Hide, rinse, repeat? Have the expansions added any new options? Thanks for any help you can give.
    FFXIV Balmung Server
    Tenro Matashi
    PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Re: Evasion Skill Up

I capped EVA on NIN tanking, so I can't speak from experience, but I know others in my LS who have used the black mandys in Boyadha Tree when capping stuff like this because they attack so fast. It may go faster than using a Gob.
    sigpic
    Mains: 75 RNG/MNK/BLM/BLU/NIN/SAM/BRD
    Proud Sackholder: Celestial Guardians, Legacy of Old

Comment

Go to Bhaflau Thickets, there's an area with "Colibri" (where the marids are) which are level 71-73 I believe. Colibri's hit fast and aren't terribly strong. And Hide works on them.

There's no other good way to skill it up. My skill sits at 271 and I just skill it up "as and when".

Do Besieged too. Random AoEs/Aggro will get you good skill ups in there.
      [LadyKiKi]
      Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
      .:|The Prototype BST|:.
      Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

As a WHM, I did evasion skillups first by solo tanking Lesser Colibri, then capped by trying to tank as much as possible in Besieged. But I had Flash and Holy and Cures (especially after taking damage) with which I could be a "fake paladin", which a THF won't have. Subbing WHM, your only good magic hate tool would be Cure III.

So basically, do whatever you can to tank, with high enough level mobs, and you should get there.
        Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
        99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
        F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
        >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Get hit, you!~

Comment

What I did to cap mine at 75 was go up to Ru'ann Gardens as /whm and attacked one of the nonaggroing dolls near the main shrine entrance. I put RR up just in case and healed myself until I ran out of MP. Once I was in the red I used Hide to clear hate and waited on hide recast to start again.

Alternativly, I've read about numerous people capping it in Meriphataud Mountains [s] using the same method on MNK Yagudos. One bonus with this one is I guess they have platinum beastcoins on them to steal but can only steal one from a single mob.

P.S. I also capped marksmanship, using blody bolts to keep myself alive longer, on the dolls while I was skilling evasion.

Comment

Pull Dynamis. XD

Okay, for a serious answer, I think I capped mine easily on my jobs just by outrunning aggro, lol. And if it wasn't capped by the time I started Dynamis, it was shortly after that. Dynamis with lots of mobs beating on you (Sleepga = mad hate) means lots of skill ups. And death, but that's just Dynamis.
              sigpic
              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Mourioche > Korrigan > Puck is my macro answer for any defensive skill. That mnk Yagudo in Meriphataud (S) is pretty good too between campaigns. I think his level range is 74-76, he never has any links around him and there's a safe spot to fight right next to him.

That said I think my own evasion hit cap in besieged.
                lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Working...
                X