Mid-level THF Gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid-level THF Gear?

So I'm working on getting my mule to 75 THF, primarily just to be a spare TH3 mule for NMs and such. For endgame gear is pretty straightforward, it doesn't have Sea access so I'll likely just be aiming for the Enkidu's set. However I'm at 42 now and looking at 45-60 gear, and I can't tell if I'm missing something, or if it's all just crap.

I don't see anything at all in terms of decent hands or legs, at the moment it looks like Elvaan RSE is going to be the best in both slots until 68 unless I want to drop 300k on a Bravo's Subligar, which doesn't really seem worth it since that's the only Haste piece I'd even have. Body is pretty blah until SH, neck I'm kinda boned on and stuck with Spike Necklace until 59 since at the moment that char's PCC is traded for an Osode. Head and feet don't appear to have anything that beats Empress Pin/Bounding Boots until 68 in terms of TP pieces. Are the options really that bad or am I just missing some?
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Re: Mid-level THF Gear?

daggers are up to you; i used corsair's/corsair's then it was too slow so i used corsair's/hornetneedle; although i believe there are acc+ daggers availible now? they may be better; idk the DPS
    walkure mask/tabin boots +1 to TP instead of empress/bounding
    attack+ earrings i guess
    any haste>acc>att in that order; but not wanting to wear a random 2% haste is legit; just grab acc stuff
    dont TP in af1 pants przu

edit:
    i remember i used some acc+ head ~65 it was a beret type of some sort but i can't recall the name atm =/

fk yes

Comment

War Beret? lv70, or the Green Beret, 65, only acc+1 though. May as well use the Emp pin.

Comment

yeah i used green beret +1 then war beret +1 till i got ohat
        then used ohat till walahra turban

fk yes

Comment

IIrc, at pre-60 I was using Walk Mask, Ankiji Peti (i think it's better then scorp personally), AF legs, Leaping Boots and Hume RSE. You could easily swap the hands for Battle Gloves (cheaper) or Jaridah (better looking) hands, but there really isn't anything good for legs or feet for Thf TP gain. Same with the neck slot really.

At 60 things get better though, with Tabin+1 boots and Spectales/Chiv chain and Feral Trousers at 63. I'd also suggest going DS Kukri+1(until Cermet+1)/Chicken knife. The Chicken Knife is a surprisingly strong knife and the flee effect will proc often if you're pulling so you can run out and grab the next mob faster. It's especially nice against colibri, because you can run out, pull another and be back to the pt before the bird even knows what hit it.

Really though, 40-60 is a crappy level to be a thf, in both gears and capabilities.
          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

daggers are up to you; i used corsair's/corsair's then it was too slow so i used corsair's/hornetneedle; although i believe there are acc+ daggers availible now? they may be better; idk the DPS
            Never pick weapons based on speed, pick based on DPS.

Weapons:
            46: Bone Knife +1
            48: Hornetneedle (Bone Knife +1/Hornetneedle if dual wielding)
            50: Corsair's Knife (I would use Corsair's x2 over Corsair's/Hornetneedle to be honest)
            50-60 gets a bit messy depending on weapon availability and whether single or dual wielding. Chicken Knife definitely goes at 58 regardless of anything though.

Head: Walkure for TP
            Body: Unless you own Rapparee (which doesn't seem to be the case,) nothing to see 'til Jaridah Peti.
            Hands: Nothing here except the Gigas line for TP.
            Legs: Nothing but Bravo's, right.
            Feet: Nothing but Leaping Boots.

Hint: There's barely anything from 1-60 except some pieces in the 40-50 range lol (Woodsman/Snipers, Life Belt, etc)

Comment

k that's about what I figured, just making sure I wasn't overlooking something major, lol.

This sounds like an odd problem, but lately when I level jobs I keep running into an issue of my endgame schedule making it so that I can have access to all kinds of shinies when I hit 72+, but I don't really have time to make gil or camp for rare mid level crap, and on THF it seems even worse because there just isn't much out there.

The Hornetneedle was a big question, I really wasn't sure if the faster swinging would be worth such low base D, but it's something I could aquire relatively easily if it was worth it.
              Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

I just got my THF sublinger yestarday. but I have to be Lv 52 to start quest for Brygid, while I want to get my Lv 50 body piece... Somthing just dosent seem right. Haveing to wear at least 1 piece of AF gear.... not including the wep. uhhh weak

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Mahk View Post
                  I just got my THF sublinger yestarday. but I have to be Lv 52 to start quest for Brygid, while I want to get my Lv 50 body piece... Somthing just dosent seem right. Haveing to wear at least 1 piece of AF gear.... not including the wep. uhhh weak
                  If you got another job with AF (52+) you can use that job to get your armor.

I got my:

THF
                  RNG
                  WHM
                  RDM
                  DRK
                  PLD
                  NIN

all on BST alone before I even levelled them.
                  [LadyKiKi]
                  Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
                  .:|The Prototype BST|:.
                  Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

Yeah, honestly I full-timed Republic Subligar for most of my THF career, I actually made a big deal in the late 50s/early 60s in terms of trying to work out whether I wanted to allow for any visible equipment swaps, and a key part of that was deciding whether to swap AF pants in in place of Republic Subligar (I was having problems at the time to the extent of seeing no clear difference in TA results due to hurting for Attack in my TA set; eventually got that cleared up, stopped swapping in Drone for Spike, used Swordbelt instead of R.K.+1, got Amemet +1, etc., and the Atk vs. AGI tradeoff on the legs made more sense then).

Of course, I'm a tarutaru, and I don't have any real qualms full-timing subligar; I know some players are desperate for any excuse to get out of that particular piece of equipment...

Anyway, yeah, personally I wouldn't bother with Bravo's Subligar unless you get Rapparee Harness to go with it.
                    Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
                    DRK99,DNC91,THF90
                    Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
                    Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
                    WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
                    Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
                    All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
                    Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
                    Clothcraft 24
                    Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
                    BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Working...
                    X