X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Starting my life of crime...

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    Most of what you just said is BS;

1) Heart Snatcher is not a bad dagger, it's just not as good as the others.

2) Why the hell would a THF bother with /DRK?

3) How is THF inaccurate with A- Dagger, highest DEX and C Marksmanship?

4) You'll swing pretty damned fast with the right gear and /NIN

5) /NIN beats out /WAR the majority of the time.
    And most of what you said is BS

1) Heart Snatcher sucks. Always. There are better knives out there for thf BEFORE the Heart Snatcher.

2) HNMs where they can use those high powered Drk JAs without worrying about hate.

3) A- Dagger. I wouldn't say it's "Highly inaccurate" but it's best weapon doesn't have the same skill of other jobs with A+ weapons

4) Right gear yes, but it can be done regardless of /nin.

5) No. Nin is for soloing/tanking, pulling fast mobs, or things that have blockable AoEs.
    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

i forget the exact math (armando want to help me out?)
      but heartsnatcher equates to like 1 extra crit in like 19 swings
      but doesnt effect both hands so when dual-wielded it turns into like 1 in 33 swings or something
      idk it was a thread on KI

fk yes

Comment

I wouldn't go so far as to say "highly inaccurate" when it comes to THF. You have something like 20 higher DEX than all the 2-handed jobs. That's effectively Acc bonus I.

As for Haste:
        I only have 8% haste (yeah, lolz I know). Do you realize how much even 8% helps?

It's the difference between 35% haste and 43% haste (duh) which is basically me fully buffed. If my math is right, this is a difference of something like 20% more damage output (35% haste is +53ish% damage dealt while +43% haste is somewhere in the 70s).
        "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

I agree with haste>all; just don't forget ACC please
          you never know if you WILL be fully buffed
          for example
          my friend had a decked out thf (24% haste + x's knife) but with that set had iirc 28 ACC
          we go to birds to merit
          brd sings min march
          my gimp not sea having at the time ass was totally outdamaging him
          he was rich too; ~10 mil from his mandau but wouldn't spam the sushi he needed
          and if the rest of the pt wants march/min and its 3 to 1 he wasn't getting madrigal
          haste is amazing but if you swing 97 times per minute but land 6 you're not doing much
          now when you have march march haste spell min madrigal or min min yeah definatly just haste it up and even eat sushi if you have to you're gonna be flying
          but if you just stick your flag up as thf how often do you get the 2 bard party invite? thats for the ridill wars lfp onry lets be serious
          ls pts are a different story i guess

fk yes

Comment

Well like I said before, with a Brd in the pt and full haste gear set up, it's best to eat sushi to make up the missing acc. With your gear/spells giving you speed and the Brd buffing your Att, without some form of acc you'll just do nothing but whiff.

Though I can understand not wanting to eat food on birds. I swear I'll go 2 hours on them with no food but the second I pop something, it'll turn around and snatch it right out of my gut.
            "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

exactly
              i will say though
              i have never not once ever seen anyone spam sushi @ birds
              i bring generally 4 stacks of coeurl subs it makes me sad that people cant spare 8,000 gil for 2 stacks of meat kabobs - the food does make a huge difference ya know?

fk yes

Comment

It's been a long time since I did merit parties. >.> Feels like all I do is limbus/einherjar these days (ironic, since neither activity has items I care for in the least). So sorry for the assumption on buffs. I practically log on with BRD buffs and a dedicated Haster these days. e.e
                "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Working...
                X