Dancing Edge and +Acc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dancing Edge and +Acc

With my winnings from the MogBanana I can finally quit farming and start leveling again. Level 60 and Dancing Edge is approaching quickly and I am wondering if you can have too much +Acc gear.

I have a pair of Woodsman rings, I will have my SH very soon, Jaridah body and gloves, plus Spectacles once I hit 60. I might have other small +Acc pieces, that is all I can remember off the top of my head.

That makes for, going from memory here, +35 Acc? Is that enough for consistent
    high DE damage? Too much? Would I be better served to swap in more DEX less Acc? Thanks for your advice and insights.
    FFXIV Balmung Server
    Tenro Matashi
    PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Re: Dancing Edge and +Acc

I believe DE dmg is mostly dependant on your Acc more then anything else. Even when stacked with SaTa. My suggestion is to keep your acc in when you DE and fill the other slots with Dex if you SaDE or Agi if you TaDE.
    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Personally, acc isn't a normal problem with DE for me. But then again I make it a habbit to stack it with Sa/Ta

Your level... hmm back then I used
      thf af hands, legs and feet for ws, blue/black cotehardie, moon ringsx2(yes, chr because of the mod and it did more than dex rings at those levels o_O ), emp, chiv chain, life belt, atk earrings, and amemet mantle after 61, 60, i think i still used either that +atk back that was in the mid 40's level, or that +agi +3 evasion back piece
      Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

I don't know of DE is more accurate than normal WS, but unless you have 95% hit rate during WS, every stat takes a back seat to Accuracy.

Accuracy is the most important thing for anything 3 hits or higher.

EDIT: Have an /echo <tp> line in your WS macro after the WS. Keep track of all your TP returns during an EXP session (easiest way is just to screenshot the log and doing the math later.) At 95% hit rate, you should get full TP 77% of the time on normal DE's and 73% of the time on dual wielded DEs. Anything less than that and you need more Acc.

Comment

Ok, here is my math using formulas from the wiki. I will be using a Darksteel Kukri +1 (194 delay) main and a Chicken Knife (176 delay) off hand.

(194+176)*0.85=314.5/2=157.25 delay for each hand, let's call it 157.
          5.0+[(157-180)*1.5]/180=4.8 TP per hit on the first main hand hit and the off hand hit. DE is a 5 hit WS, so on 5 hits I should see 13.6 TP return? And if Triple Attack procs even more?
          FFXIV Balmung Server
          Tenro Matashi

Comment

Originally posted by Akashimo View Post
            Personally, acc isn't a normal problem with DE for me. But then again I make it a habbit to stack it with Sa/Ta

Your level... hmm back then I used
            thf af hands, legs and feet for ws, blue/black cotehardie, moon ringsx2(yes, chr because of the mod and it did more than dex rings at those levels o_O ), emp, chiv chain, life belt, atk earrings, and amemet mantle after 61, 60, i think i still used either that +atk back that was in the mid 40's level, or that +agi +3 evasion back piece
            Wait, what? God no. Acc or Dex. Being 5 hits, Acc helps those last 4 hits land more often and even missing one of those hits will have a more visible affect on your WS dmg then focusing on secondary mods.

Hell even Dex would be better because it buffs both SA and DE.

If you have enough Acc from gear that means you can eat meat, and if you have "too much" acc from gear that means you can throw on a Rap harness or other Haste pieces you may be able to obtain. And at 60 you shouldn't be using SaTa too often anyway so you'll want seperate Dex and Agi builds for splitting them. In faster parties it's been proven to be better to just solo Sa, Ta and DE as soon as they're ready. Sitting on TP while waiting on timers is never a good thing when Birds are around.
            "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

This was when ToAU was still new and none of the adjustments were out that we have now anyways. >_> And it did more damage for me back then.
              This was also at that troll/colibri/eurca camp. I usually had to wait 7 seconds on my timer and we weren't scing, no one to make distortion so it wasn't a big deal. I'd just TA ws majority of the fights.
              Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

And it did more damage for me back then.
                No, no it didn't.

I have to be blunt on this one so no one gets the wrong idea - unless you're a SAM, or whoring Shark Bite, secondary stat mods are for chumps. And even for Shark Bite, it's only ok to use DEX when stacking it with SA because it helps SA too.

WiseDonkey, I'll get back to you later.

Comment

Originally posted by Akashimo View Post
                  This was when ToAU was still new and none of the adjustments were out that we have now anyways. >_> And it did more damage for me back then.
                  This was also at that troll/colibri/eurca camp. I usually had to wait 7 seconds on my timer and we weren't scing, no one to make distortion so it wasn't a big deal. I'd just TA ws majority of the fights.
                  What adjustments? Stats for thf haven't changed at all since the removal of the TP floor and the boost to Dagger Dmg.

Comment

Wise Donkey, your math is correct. 13 TP return = full DE, TA can make it go as high as 15 TP return. 8 TP means you missed main hand OR offhand, but landed the other 4. 4 TP would mean you missed main AND offhand hits, but landed the other four.

It all boils down to 4.8 + 4.8 + 1*Hits, so you should be able to figure it out on the fly. After a little while of looking at your own TP returns, which number equals such-and-such hits will become second-nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                      4 TP would mean you missed main AND offhand hits, but landed the other four.
                      With SA or TA main hand will be a guaranteed hit though, yes?
                      FFXIV Balmung Server
                      Tenro Matashi

Comment

Main AND Offhand will be guaranteed.

Comment

How much acc+ you will need is based on what food you are eating. I always used attack food so I went heavy on acc+. At level 60 I was using at least + 40acc that I can think of right now. If you are using sushi I'm sure you could use a little less and add in dex agi and attack. Overall from my experiences every attempt to remove acc in exchange for attack or dex+agi always came up with less or equal at best damage.

Comment

I would rather get my +Acc through gear, as it is easier to get +Atk through food at this level. Meat Miths for me!
                            FFXIV Balmung Server
                            Tenro Matashi

Comment

Wise Donkey, out of curiosity, do you parse? I found it damned near impossible to have an acceptable hit rate on PLD without sushi in the 60's (and this is geared with Haub and Woodsman Rings and such.) I wouldn't know if it's any different for a THF though. In any case, increasing Accuracy increases damage output more than increasing Attack so it's generally better to boost Acc when in doubt.

Comment

Working...
                              X