Confusion over WSing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusion over WSing

Hello fellow thfs, I know lots of posts were posted on this subject, and I've read most of them I didn't get satisfied thought...
    As I said I've read most of the posts on this today subject and I decided to get into WS calculation system myself.. But it was so confusion (pdif fstr fstr2 bla bla) so i downloaded WS calculation tool from k.ifrit.
    My results were confusing really..

First I tried DE damage on a High VIT (100) and High DEF (400) mob and my results were DEX > CHR > ATK > STR

Then on a low VIT (67) and low def (322) mob : DEX > ATK => CHR => STR

So what is the point on swapping Heca etc gear for WSing!!! These are SA WS results btw..

Re: Confusion over WSing

There's something that you need to understand before dealing with the formulas and calculations; missing a hit will cost you more damage than any amount of Attack, STR, DEX, or CHR can make up for. Priority #1 with any WS that has multiple hits, especially such a high number as 5 (or 6 when Dual Wielding), is Accuracy.

It's also important to understand that the differences between DEX/Attack/CHR/STR aren't going to be very big. That's important to bear in mind because if you go with a DEX-is-better-than-every-thing-else mentality you make wrong choices. For example, you're clearly not taking into consideration that Hecatomb gear gives much more STR in any given slot, than the amounts of DEX or CHR you could get with other gear; that every 2 STR also adds 1 Attack; and that Hecatomb gear also directly adds Acc, Attack, and DEX with certain pieces.

Comment

WS modifiers come into play too though, along with gear (like the +1 AF gloves that add 15% more AGI to Trick Attack) but generally Armando is right here.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
        generally Armando is right.
        Fixed that for you.
        Originally posted by Armando
        No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
        Originally posted by Armando
        Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
        Matthew 16:15

Comment

Working...
        X