No announcement yet.

Weapons > Amunnition > Bron- ...what?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weapons > Amunnition > Bron- ...what?!

Originally posted by nanatsu View Post
    You are able to use boomerangs and dart type ammo for pulling well before level 15.
    I actually prefered a good shortbow for pulling pre-15. It was also some nice dmg per hit imo.

Originally posted by Lopuhr View Post
    I was looking forward to starting THF and increasing my Marksmanship at level 12 with a Crossbow +1 and Bronze bolts, but now it seems I'll have to use WAR to increase Marksmanship, THF having to wait until level 15 to use any Crossbow ammunition (Blind bolts) -- and I won't be paying such a price for bolts at such an early stage in the game. I've only been playing for a week.

So is there a good reason for limiting Bronze bolts to WAR/DRK/RNG? I sure hope there is. The standard Crossbow bolts now seem pretty obsolete, as that's basically what Bronze bolts have been reduced to. Shouldn't THF's ability to use pre-15 Crossbows have been removed too, to avoid any confusion?
    You think that's bad? War's best weapon is a GAxe but they can't use any until lvl 5 and Cors are a job built around their firearms but they don't even get a gun until 15 and can't use Xbows to skill up Marksmanship.

Personally, I'd prefer Cor got a lvl 1 gun before Thf got lower lvl bolts.
    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Re: Weapons > Amunnition > Bron- ...what?!

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
      I have no evidence of this, but I believe originally, THF couldn't even use Marksmanship. When it was finally added, their list of equip-able bolts was as it stands currently.
      THF did not get access to x-bows for quite a while. I don't remember if we had marksmanship skill or not, but we could equip guns back when I started, early '04, unless my memory is totally failing me. (I recall trying out a lv15 gun before realizing it was useless.)

I'm really not sure why this isn't more well known. By the time we received x-bows, I had already hit 75, along with various other NAs and EUS. It wasn't one of those unknown early additions...such as brds not being able to use daggers, swords or staves, war having C skill H2H, SA making every hit of a WS guaranteed to connect and crit(even subbed), etc. Yes, if you couldn't steal from maat, you got to brute force him without bolts, and yes war/thf using H2H outdid mnks at 50 cap.

Originally posted by Yellow Mage
      Hmm . . . I suppose that's what happened the RDM's Marksmanship skill: THF stole it! (Ba dum dum pish!)
      Just be happy RDM sword skill cap got raised to compensate. Yes, it used to be lower.

Originally posted by Malacite
      After all, ranged attacks didn't give TP originally (must have been fun for RNG >_>)
      Neither did melee attacks ^^ DDs had 'fun' getting hit to get TP.
      Calin - Ragnarok

Comment

Working...
      X