Body Armor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Armor

Right now, I'm at 51 THF. I'm not all that high up there, no game-breaking or totally amazing pieces coming up really, but I can't quite decide what to do for my Melee'ing body piece.

Right now I'm using the awesome Rapparee Harness, and coming up, at 59, SH opens up for me. I bought an SH ages ago, cause I had extra money and it was so darn cheap, that it just made sense, and then if it went up, I'd sell that thing! So, now I'm not so sure, since I had previously had forgotten about Rapparee. Is there a reason for me to expect to prefer Acc/Eva over Haste? I hit pretty well as it is, with the general DEX+, and then not to mention that I only scarf sushi, for even more DEX/AGI.

Pretty much, any experienced THF's out there, should I sell this SH? If I sell it, that means I can grab both my Grace Rings, and have some cash left over, and I'll get the COR knife I've been a tad too poor to afford recently. Or will I need the SH later on for some reason? To tank random NM's with friends? I know it'll help with farming, cause Eva+ is always nice, but I'm honestly not too worried about that. And the whole random THF tank thing isn't something I see myself doing all to often. Just in more experienced THF's opinion, SH or no SH?

P.S. I already have Pahlu body for 72, so I might swap from Rapparee at that time if I feel it necessary. And I'm working towards sea, and starting Salvage soon, so I'm even attempting to get some of those awesome bodies like Homam or Skadi's. Oh not to mention I'm attempting more Nyzul, so I have a chance at that gear too, however slim.

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Re: Body Armor

You don't really need a SH, the Rapparee Harness is really good. If you ever have problems with accuracy (it's pretty rare, expecially when eatting sushi) you can always put on Spectacles/Peacock Charm and/or get a . . .

Jaridah Peti
    Accuracy +5, Atack +, Ranged Accuracy +5

or

Akinji Peti
    Accuracy +6, Atack +6, Ranged Accuracy +6

In most, if not all, cases your not needed to tank in a exp PT and even if you do 6 shadows is more then enough time for the real tank to grab hate back.

When your farming you usually don't need to wear alot of evasion gear so probably won't need it for that. The only time I could see you need it is if you had to tank some NM your lvl or a bit higher or save it for when lvling other jobs, NIN comes to mind.

Comment

Hmm, alright, thanks a lot. :D I'm gonna go ahead and sell it now, without worrying, since MNK is 75, and I have Pahlu, and few other jobs really want it for actual exp, I can sell it without regretting too much, thanks for your advice. :]

Comment

What food do you use?
        I still haven't added any haste+ and im not going to until I'm 8/8 dagger and 8/8 marks. 85%+ Acc with att food owns lol

fk yes

Comment

You should try to keep all the acc you can if it allows you to eat meat.

Sharn
          Acc Rings
          Life Belt
          Acc gloves
          etc

If all this allows you to hit a 80-90%ish hit rate you should be eating meat.

P.S. Haste isn't all that amazing until you stack a good amount on. 4% is not doing a whole lot. Usually people say that around 10% is a decent starting point for haste gear, which really only leaves Haste until later on.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

Well, I've ended up keeping my SH, since more people told me that I'd need it later on. And, if I grab Swift Belt, that puts me at 10% right now. So I kinda thought that'd be smart, but mebbeh not?

I eat Sushi almost always. I have a good chunk of +acc, Sniper's, Battle gloves, Life belt, whatever else I get Acc from. I could try eatting attack food in exp some time, and see how it goes I guess. I'm still only 51, so not like I can try with or without SH yet.

Comment

WHat you would want to do is go a few fights without food, maybe explain to your PT that you are checking your acc beforehand so you dont get dirty looks, and then choose food based on that.

The easiest way is to parse your acc.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

Yea, I guess I can go ahead and try that then. I'm afraid I may have to put away my Rapp Harness for now, and then use it in future when I can get considerable haste together. =/

Comment

I've seen decked out thf at low levels with swift, rap,bravos, PCC, snipers, merc kris etc who probably do great. Do ppl fight ToAU mobs in the 50s? ToAU came out in my 60s so Idk, but I do remember using /nin and sole sushi vs crabs = hitting for about 10 damage which is lame as hell. If there are colibri to kill at that level though using sushi is probably ok I guess, although you might want to just eat a cheap kabob in case they steal it lol

fk yes

Comment

Working...
                  X