TH questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TH questions

I have heard tons of rumors concerning TH. I'm sure that I havent heard them all also.

1. Does THF kill on a NM or HNM effect its drops?
    2. Does WS killshot effect drops as well, THF or not?
    3. Is TH3 and TH4 simply TH2+1% or +2% w/ TH4, or is it a whole new level to the job trait as say TH2 is to TH1?

It kind of upset me a little last night when my HNMLS defeated Simurgh (I claimed btw), had everyone turn when he was near death so the THF w/ TH3 could get kill, when the THF w/ TH3's DE didnt kill it, I turned since I had TP and threw down a DE of my own (71THF btw, no TH3 or TH4) which ended up only doin 134 dmg because I didnt use SA or TA, unlike the 74THF's DE which did close to 1.1k DMG w/ SA. They bitched at me for killing the HNM and then said 'you NEVER WS kill a NM'. Needless to say the Striders didnt drop, and this was our 4th or 5th claim and kill. I'm not upset about it anymore at all, I would just like to see if there is any difinitive answer from SE about TH. TH seems so fickle at times, HNM and NM drop rates are low enough at it is, it just seems to me that going all out and kicking some major NM butt is the only way to go, not wait for 1 guy to kill.

Re: TH questions

1. No. SE has stated that THF only needs to be in the party *and close enough to gain XP from the battle. They do not need to make the kill, claim, or any other such nonsense.
    2. No.
    3. As far as I have seen proven, TH3 is just TH2 +1%, and TH4 is TH2 +2%. Look at the rest of the gear that has "<Job Trait> +X" on it - it all increases the effectivness of the JT by a small ammount, it does not give you a new one.

EDIT: *Thanks Mhurron, didn't think to mention that.
    Last edited by Wise Donkey; 02-20-2007, 06:26 AM. Reason: New info
    FFXIV Balmung Server
    Tenro Matashi
    PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

Originally posted by Neppy View Post
      I have heard tons of rumors concerning TH. I'm sure that I havent heard them all also.
      1. Does THF kill on a NM or HNM effect its drops?
      No, they just have to be close enough to have got EXP from the kill. If your THF gets the message "Too far from the battle to gain experience" then TH had no effect in calculating drops.

2. Does WS killshot effect drops as well, THF or not?
      No

3. Is TH3 and TH4 simply TH2+1% or +2% w/ TH4, or is it a whole new level to the job trait as say TH2 is to TH1?
      +% iirc.
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I thought it was generally reckoned the person with TH had to be on the hate list for it to trigger?

We have had AFKers at the zone entrance for Dynamis and it do nothing. One Dyna-Xarc we had our thieves doing the bulk of melee damage, but blm often killing, led to 1 blm hat, 2 rdm hats...

Originally posted by Aksannyi
        "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Your answers are pretty much exactly as I thought, and I've debated those same answers to other ppl. When I was camping Shikigami Weapon to get my YY Robe for my SMN, I went 1/6 before it actaully dropped, I had TH3 on no drop claims with a THF WS kill and not WS killing, when I got it finally I dont even think we had a THF in the party. Just goes to show imho that sometimes TH can be so fickle, and some NM drop rates are so low its more just random dumb luck to get drops, which is why just going a HNM or NM with everything you got is really the only way to go, holding back for THF just seems silly to me.

Comment

I also heard that TH had no affect on R/EX drops? Is this true?

Going to look up TH3 and 4 now, didnt even know they existed >.>

Comment

Keep in mind that TH doesn't increase the drop rate for Rare/Ex items by that much. If an item has a horrible drop rate to begin with, TH is not going to make that into a good drop rate, just a fractionally less horrible drop rate, my guess is somewhere in the 1-5% range.
              FFXIV Balmung Server
              Tenro Matashi
              PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

TH3 and TH4 does exist. Thief's Knife + Thief AF 2 glove. Whatever is called. Forgot

Comment

TH3 and 4 are misnomers. They're not a higher degree of TH any more than having a Suppanomimi qualifies as having a higher level of Dual Wield (DWII + Suppanomimi = 15% + 5%, whereas DWIII is 25%.) The Treasure Hunter +1 items have been tested to give +1% drop rate (e.g. an item with 50% drop rate becomes 51%; an item with 3% drop rate becomes 4%.)

Comment

Oooo I was told that R/EX items did not take TH into consideration AT ALL. Now I'm arguing that is does or doesnt ;P

Those are still horribly low numbers though...51% as opposed to 50%? Ick.

Comment

Im pretty sure .netdrifter posted what was said in an Interview with SE about TH just a while back and it said that for TH to trigger the thf had to be "Active" in the fight so just standing next to it doesnt work.
                      75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
                      Woodworking 91.9+2
                      ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Went and did some digging around on the net for info and proof, well here it is.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pa...=4&cId=3148759
                        http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Treasure_Hunter

Comment

Working...
                        X