Marksmanship, Archery, or Throwing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marksmanship, Archery, or Throwing?

I don't think that Boomerang is a horrible choice to range with. heck. I used to carry one around when I couldn't afford quivers of bolts or arrows, due the fact that if I needed unlimited ammo to pull, I had it at my disposal.

But things quickly change once you start running into mobs with Defense Boosting techniques. SO then you grab your trusty Acid Bolts.

Which, if you have the accuracy for it, will certainly mean alot pre 40, when mages don't have the means to negate it.
    "Vacation. Alienation. Japanamation. Manga. Kanga. Naked Lunch. Hawaiian punch!!"

Comment

The only reason i put Throwing is because just recently got an NM drop throwing wep which was better than my Shortbow and doesnt require arrows( i REALLY need to do the gobbybag thing as soon as i can and then find another source of money and then i MIGHT change to marksmenship seeing as its the preferd ranged attck for THF)
      I like pie........no seriously.. i do.

Das Oldskoolen
      It's not a pizza. It's a bomb.
      We didn't order a bomb either.

My Fav

THF:43 RNG:24 BLU:13 WHM:14 BLM:13 PUP:7 COR:9
      Windy Rank: 4 <-----Humar ( retired )

THF:51 RNG:27 BLU:9 WHM:21 BLM:18 NIN:27 WAR:15
      Windy Rank: 5 <-----Hucast
      Clothcraft: 6.8(?) Skills to come: Leathercraft, cooking, goldsmithing.

Comment

Different situations call for different uses of the ranged slot. For the most part I use an xbow. In situations where THF 230 Marksmanship skill just doesnt do much of shit I will either equip Lightning Bow +1 for the 3 Dex or Bomb Core for the +12 attack. The 3 Dex would be for those situations where Shark Bite is the better option for WS than Dancing Edge with Bomb Core.

75 BLU | THF | PLD

Comment

thf doesnt get the cheap ammo x.x all thf ammo has a status effect, not as expensive as they used to be but allot more expensive then the 1gil bolts lol (maybe worth 70-100g each shot)

Xbow is your best bet, Acid bolts for pts, Sleep bolts to interupt spells soloing, or to solo SA+WS, blind bolts to start fights soloing DC+ especially if your not using eva gear ( i max haste for utsusemi recast) bloody bolts for making your downtime soloing easier, or to be a vampire and leach a weak mob to death while soloing a fierce NM that seems to dodge evry r attack, Venom Bolts are possibly usefull in pt... i wouldnt use them tho if you think u may need to sleep the mob at some point

Bow's are not without their uses, if you dont mind a fight dragging out you can switch bows and crossbows so that you have silence arrows avialable as well as all your normal bolts, this really helps on BLM Mobs and Mages in ballista (not 100% sure thf can use those arrows this is speculation) they are however extremly usefull on some SEA gods, where melee'ing is a bad idea (the arrows thf gets actually have dmg scores higher then 1 unlike our bolts) JoL i think is the one that this shines on because of AoE Charm

Throwing, usefull for many things, saving money, scratching your head as you wonder why its the only type of weapon without WS's...

... Oh! and some have nice stats like Ratt+ or Racc+...

did i mention head-scratching? also a good skill to have when u accidently throw that Goblin Bomb... or that Lucky egg, if your gonna throw a hard to get item might as well have it hit somthing >.>

Comment

Honestly I just use Throwing. The only reason is because I want to skill up on that also. I'm a ranger as well so my Marksmanship is already up there. I agree with with the status bolts, but I still would rather use Throwing for THF. Cheaper.

Comment

Working...
            X