70+ Gear to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70+ Gear to get?

Ok, finally reached 70 last week on thf, and not entire sure which of the end game type gear to invest time, effort and gilz for.

Currently on my list of prioties to get is SH, Assult Jerkin,Garrulous Ring, Unyeilding Ring and Heart Snatcher.

Current gear.
    Melee
    O-Hat, shikaree ringx2, coral earring x2, Thugs's Zamburak, Hopletis Harpe, Garuda's Dagger, Tiger Gloves, AF legs and feet, Psilos Mantle, Life Belt, Spike Necklace, Rapparee Harness

When not using Nin subbed, Strike Sheild take off hand with Hopletis Harpe in main still

Dancing Edge Gear changes
    Moon Ring x2, Winged Earring x2, Af hands, Jaridah Peti

Sharkbite Gear
    Fluorite Ring x2, Winged Earring x2, Af hands, Jaridah Peti

Any and all tips/suggestions are appreciated :3
    Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Re: 70+ Gear to get?

War Gloves(+1) are great for TP. I'm surprisd you've been using Shikaree rings so long Grab a Venerer and/or a sniper/woodsman.

Dont use CHR rings for DE, theres no point in it. DEX will do more than the CHR ever will. I'd also say at least get Drone Earrings, they arent that expensive.

For body grab a blue cotehardie for WS, and then use the Harness for TP. I'd also try to grab a pair of Merman's Mittens, same DEX as AF, but has STR as well. And a Amemet Mantle too.

At 73, grab a Dragon Sub and Leggings.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

lol, i'm soo used to saying winged i forgot i had drone XD.
      As for getting the gear you recommend, both gloves are out of stock and my current gillage XD off to farm bibiki bay gobs :3
      As for woodsman/snipers are outta my range like SH lol. Vener hiding on my of my mules somewhere :x Anyways what kind of difference you noticed without using those rings?
      Thanks for the tips, can't wait to see a difference :3

Comment

I got an SH after about 2 months or so of growing earth ore with 3 mules(and me) and farming...at the time it cost me 7.5 million...which is making me abit mad since thanks to defaltion it costs a mere 3 million.(on Midgardsormr) If I'm lucky I can get a 1-4 million in earth ore at harvest time depding on how much I get and what the current price is.

When I bought a sniper's ring it was 800K...and I got my Verner by doing the extra long quest for it(only requires a few cheap Chemleon[I'm a terrible speller] dimonds and access to Lufanse medows)

also instead of the AF boots get the Dragon Leggings...they only cost 200K and are just as good as leaping boots...if not a bit better ^^

There are also better dex + rings but I can't for the life of me rememer the name of them...they are the cheap grace rings with dex +4. 200K each ^^

The ultmaite box for Dex and Agl is the Dragon Harness...but it's mostly outta my range unless I wana spend a few more moths farming and growing stuff....It is however down to 8 million instead of the inital insane price...
        Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
        (have fun MMO players ^^)
        Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

See I was really surprised to see you using CHR for Dancing Edge, and then I went and dug up the WS Modifiers.

Dancing Edge 1.1875 @ 100, 200, & 300% TP
          DEX: 30% & CHR: 40%

Personally I would say build up on some more DEX since it's your lower of the two modifiers, and I don't really think CHR+6 will really make any difference in your actual damage.

I'll admit to be more than a little surprised that you've been working with Shikaree Rings that long. Dunno about your server but in the last two weeks, Scorp. Harness dropped down to 2.5M. I'm a bigger fan of Woodsman Rings than I am of Sniper's but as WAR, SAM and DRK, I've done a lot of 1st Provokes, and that DEF down makes me bleed. Either way I believe Woodsmans are in the 2M range currently. You should be fine using those for your TP Build. As THF70, I'm pretty sure you've got that pulling thing down pat. Eva-10 probably won't effect you at all.

Now, friendly reminder before I say this, I'm still a subjob THF. (Lv.32) But perhaps some STR might help you as well. I don't know if there's a point where THFs start to bring a STR build with them for WS, but perhaps a more accomplished THF can speak up and tell me to shaddup, or give you a recommendation. I ~think~ a THF in my LS advised another to pepper in some STR for WS in the 50's.

Out of curiosity, what kind of numbers are you putting up with Shark Bite and Dancing Edge?
          Odude
          PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
          RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
          SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

lol, i manage to finally get the drops for shikaree since i was 68, been busy lvl grinding and quest finishing @.@ So until i got them i've just been using my normal dex rings for meleeing.

Last i check on prices, SH was about 3.8 mil, snipers/woodsmans 4mil area.

Shark Bite has been my lesser damage ws, about 300-600 on bibiki bay Dhamels, while for Dancing Edge around 400-900... yea, main reason for that kind of range is that some of them suddenly use whisle or haven't been debuffed when i go TA WS.

Damage on Hobgobs is more high usually when i have hide up so i could do SATA Hide DE/SB so for them it's about 500-900 kind of area.

My record highs for an IT++ mob are 1169 for Dancing Edge, 1110 for Shark Bite.
            Record low 38.... TA + lag = crit + ws = suck dmg >.<

Comment

Shark Bite seems to be random at times. At least from my eyes in the back row Magic Bursting. I've seen some THFs land 800~1100 Shark Bites, then I see another THF consistantly stays in the 400~600 range. All the while they're both geared quite comparably.

Or maybe some of these guys are king of adjusting to the WS Modifies. Says that Shark Bite has a 50% DEX modifier, which would make me think some of these THFs would really go big on Shark Bite. DEX+50 or more.... Imagine!
              Odude

SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Yea, that's the main reason why i'm more of using DE than SB, espically in Bibiki

Comment

True, but let's face it, come Lv.65 and 66 you're likely to be doing Lv.3s than you are Distortion. Unless you can Freestyle, and two other people Skillchain. (I've seen this set up more and more for THF, so you may have been lucky and been given this option.)

Another option would be to hold off on going until the Retarded Cow uses Berserk, and then cut it open! ^^ Gotta love that!
                  Odude

Comment

Dont get woodsman for THF if you ever plan on soloing.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

69THF.
                      If you're having lower DEs and your TP return is good at 13-17 still, try tossing in more DEX. i recently picked up grace rings and have noticeable difference.

For Dancing Edge and Evisceration(unlocked as nin) i use this setup:
                      Harpe/Hornetneedle (Still no sirocco;
                      Spike Necklace(3dex/3str)
                      Custom M Gloves(Hume)(3dex/3str)
                      Flora Cotehardie(4str/3dex/4agi)
                      Spike Earring/Minuet Earring(atk5)(1dex/1str/[3acc])
                      Grace Rings(Give or take a sniper on occasion)(4dex)
                      Marine M Boots(Hume)(3str/2dex)
                      Thf pants(i guess i gotta find something better for legs, but culotte are so cool)
                      Life Belt for ACC on WS.(10acc)

Shark Bite has been basically the same setup, but i haven't had many parties using it. War/Thf Detonation SC seems to be pounding out awesome numbers.

TP build is:
                      Pcharm
                      SH and Assault Jerkin when i need to offset the low Hornetneedle DMG
                      Snipers
                      LifeBelt

For 70, i'm looking forward to War Beret+1(9acc 9racc) Landing those acids are a must >_<

Comment

Why is everyone's sharkbite so low? Mine was doing 1500+ and then the same 1500+ from light last night. This was in um Mamook fighting those cocks. (I forgot the name now, Zizs or something?)

fk yes

Comment

Originally posted by 711rocks
                          Why is everyone's sharkbite so low? Mine was doing 1500+ and then the same 1500+ from light last night. This was in um Mamook fighting those cocks. (I forgot the name now, Zizs or something?)
                          Simple answer is it depends what you're fighting and what jobs are supporting you. BRD and COR do make a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Hearshot
                            For Dancing Edge and Evisceration(unlocked as nin) i use this setup:
                            Harpe/Hornetneedle (Still no sirocco;
                            Spike Necklace(3dex/3str)
                            Custom M Gloves(Hume)(3dex/3str)
                            Flora Cotehardie(4str/3dex/4agi)
                            Spike Earring/Minuet Earring(atk5)(1dex/1str/[3acc])
                            Grace Rings(Give or take a sniper on occasion)(4dex)
                            Marine M Boots(Hume)(3str/2dex)
                            Thf pants(i guess i gotta find something better for legs, but culotte are so cool)
                            Life Belt for ACC on WS.(10acc)
                            Why Hornetneedle? It has a silly DPS of 6.4 while a Hoplite's Harpe, which costs only 10k on Middy, has a DPS of 9.14. You do know that the rampart TP floor abuse was patched a good while ago, right?

If you really want to go all out in damage, however, drop the second dagger completely and go /WAR. Your survival will somewhat suffer, but your damage output will improve rather significantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Maju
                              Why Hornetneedle? It has a silly DPS of 6.4 while a Hoplite's Harpe, which costs only 10k on Middy, has a DPS of 9.14. You do know that the rampart TP floor abuse was patched a good while ago, right?

If you really want to go all out in damage, however, drop the second dagger completely and go /WAR. Your survival will somewhat suffer, but your damage output will improve rather significantly.
                              To be completely honest with you, i keep forgetting to sub war.

My survival hasn't actually mattered is another point lol. I don't even recast utsu in fear i'd miss some TP build time I pull at max range and don't get hit on the return, so yes another reason why i should being going war anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X