This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Treasure Hunter (another one, yes)

Correct that they should of tried it with TH + Egg to see if there was a difference between TH only and TH + Egg. There is another thread that posted just like this one did were that situation was taken into account, end result I don't really remember now (Have to search for that thread again it seems).

Though from looking at what boosts the Lucky Egg gives they are both related to Light and Dark elements (HP = Light, MP = Dark). Being that they are related to Light and Dark elements you can find that the gear to do Light and Dark has a relation to the Moon. Rabbit Stick (%HP/MP), Moonlight Wand (%HP/MP), Moon Amulet (+Light/Dark), Rabbit Charm (Dex/AGI/Steal +1), Moon Ball(HP/MP), New Moon Armlet (MP, New Moon = Dark), Moon Earring (+HP/Light), Moon Ring (+CHR/Light).

So to me testing against Moon Phase is a definate to try and see. Maybe Lucky Eggs supposed drop rate works at 0% or 100% or maybe 50%. Don't know all I know is what's asked on this thread exists on another thread also with some more tests to try with on it. As for my opinion with the Egg, it's still out don't know if it does or does not improve. However if Lucky Egg has such an ability I'd quander about Moon Ball doing the same too then.

Ok, so wonder if now if this thread is going to return back to which it came >.>

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Meh. These sorts of tests are a waste of time.

What we really need is a program to compile information on all drops:
      monster and level,
      zone,
      item,
      day,
      moon phase,
      player: level job subjob and stats
      job of player with finishing blow

Then the chore of getting a good number of people using the program. And finally, send all the data to a centralized server with a database that updates continually.

There could be options to "check" in the program if you have thief's knife, assassin's armlets, or carrying a lucky egg.

(´・ω・`)

Comment

Resurrection!

I don't think you can throw out the results for failing to control for day of the week, moon phase, etc... those factors are totally unproven to have any effect on drop rate. There are all sorts of factors that could affect drop rate (regional conquest points, # of players in the zone, # of items in the AH); if we are going to start throwing out tests for not controlling for every possible variable, we won't have any tests left.

That being said, I agree with some of the earlier posters that say that this was a suboptimal selection of mob; I find it hard to believe that TH2 is such a small improvement over TH1, and I also find it hard to believe that TH has a "partial" effect when you don't get the killshot (notice how TH3 without killshot is still way better than TH0).

But this certainly does raise some questions as to the true effect of Lucky Egg.

Centurio X-I 1/1 - Celphie 1/1 - Deadly Dodo 0/2 - Doppleganger Dio 0/1 - Jaggedy-eared Jack 0/7 - Joo Duzu the Whirlwind 1/1 - Leaping Lizzy 2/16 - Mimas 0/1 - Odqan 1/9 - Orcish Wallbreacher 0/1 - Ose 1/3 - Sagittarius X-XIII 1/1 - Serpopard Ishtar 3/6 - Silk Caterpillar 1/2 - Tom Tit Tat 0/2 - Trickster Kinetix 0/2 - Valkurm Emperor 6/10 - Wyvernpoacher Drachlox 1/1

Comment

Working...
        X