This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thief Info Thread

Firstly, let me start off by saying by know means am I anywhere near 75. I am learning new information about THF’s daily, although when looking at other threads, I see that there are other info threads on almost every other class but THF’s so here is the official “Thief Info� thread where thief’s may turn for info on everything!

RACE:

**Note** Any race can play any role in Final Fantasy 11, yes some roles are better suited than others, but stats can always be made up for in the gear worn by your character, hints why there is no section for race nor a “best� race.

MACRO:

Pulling:
    /p Pulling <t> Hurry up and get ready!!!
    /shoot <t>

Flee:
    /p Using <Flee> - lets get the hell outta here!
    /ja "Flee" <me>

Viper Bite
    /p Using <Viper Bite>
    /ws "Viper Bite" <t>

Sneak Attack + Trick Attack (SATA)
    /p Using <Sneak Attack> + <Trick Attack>
    /ja "Sneak Attack" <me>
    /wait 1
    /ja "Trick Attack" <me>

Steal:
    /ja "Steal" <stnpc>

-Finals are in the next week, so will add more in a week. Feel free to correct me and/or add info

Comment

Good initiative. However, please remove the "/p messages" except for TP and when you're pulling. The game has enough spam as it is.

Comment

anyone have anything to add to the list?

Comment

Re: Thief Info Thread

I wanna know how to exactly play thf/nin in a party I think I have it down see if this is correct.

1. Cast utsuemichi(spelled wrong)
          2. Pull if nessasary
          3. sata every time its up
          4. then last sata + viper bite

Is this what you thf's do during pts? Im starting a thf soon so I need to know the basics of how they are played in parties.

Thanks, PB

Comment

Originally posted by h4rry
            anyone have anything to add to the list?
            Well there's a good thief guide here:
            http://ffxi.killvoid.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=24211

I suggest you start with that, and see if you have anything to add to THEIR guide. It's fairly comprehensive.

This site doesn't have a stickied thief guide, though, and since I'm not a thief I can't report on how much of the information in this guide is still accurate.

So, take a look at it, and see if it needs any modifications. Post it here, and give the original writer credit for their work, and I'm sure it will get stickied.
            ~Zozor!

Comment

If possible try to land 2 to 3 SATA's in a PT

This usually occurs when

1) Your PT isn't killing mobs fast enough
              2) Mages need more time in between pulls to gather MP

Want you want to try to do is time your SATA so that you can SATA right at the beginning of the fight and immediately have SATA ready again for the SC.

This is basically something I do when PTs aren't exactly spectacular.

Comment

Working...
              X