Where to solo at 60?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to solo at 60?

I got all summons except for alex and odin...I havent played in a couple of months and I would like some tips and pointers as to where I could solo at lvl 60.

Thanks!

Re: Where to solo at 60?

I'm not sure about SMN at all... but what I use to guide me in where I might be able to solo at certain lvls is looking up "field manual" on wiki. It lists all the field manuals and tells what lvl corresponds to each page in that zone. Also tells ya when the max lvl you can gain xp for that page's mobs.
    FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
    FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
    aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

You can go to east altep desert do page 5 at op just use carby and fight with him.

Comment

Ifrit's Cauldron, against the bombs.

Summoner Solo Guide By Redchaos - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

Comment

^

Or Ulegurand Range K-9 and L-8.
          Target: Akselloak

The area is near a tunnel with no mobs in it whatsoever, making it one of the two best kiting paths in that zone.
          There are 4 Snolls at the bottom and one at the top.
          They're good til 66/67.

Dangers:
          On both ends of the tunnel Taurus mobs (True sight) roam around.
          Occasionally you'll need to wait for them to scram before you can pull the next.

Once you hit 66/67 head up to the frozen lake at the top past Jormungand towards the Brothers zone.
          Target: Agloolik
          This is the absolute best kite path in the whole zone, there is no agro between the pulling camp and your kite path.
          Agloolik will last you to 75 easily.
          The biggest risks you have here are:
          - Getting up there, but the more often you climb, the more accustomed you become to the zone and the mobs' pathing.
          -Until level 70 these things hit on carby like a truck, once Carby has their attention pray to Nike® and run until you can see Carby's lifebar no more and then about 3~5 steps more.

Personally I never liked Ifrit's as a soloing zone.
          There are very few kite paths where you don't have to be careful of either agroing other bombs, or the bats at night.
          Sneak wearing at just the wrong moment or a bomb getting a hit in on you right when you're standing smack in the middle of agroing mobs is a pain.
          Especially since a lot of the kiting paths aren't specifically close to places where you can safely get up and heal your weakness away.

Then after you hit ~73+ and get Odin, flag up for Abyssea and learn to open chests.
          Every time you get a restore chest have the puller pull a bunch of mobs and then unleash Odin on them.
          I promise you, your group will love you for it.
          (Hi2u 1800~3600 exp in 4 seconds.)
          Last edited by Shirai; 07-30-2010, 02:59 AM. Reason: Added option for level 67~75
          Quetzalcoatl Server | WHM 80 | SMN 76 | NIN 75

Comment

Originally posted by Shirai View Post
            Then after you hit ~73+ and get Odin, flag up for Abyssea and learn to open chests.
            Every time you get a restore chest have the puller pull a bunch of mobs and then unleash Odin on them.
            I promise you, your group will love you for it.
            (Hi2u 1800~3600 exp in 4 seconds.)
            I saw this trying to be done... could you specify the placement of the mobs. Sometimes it was successful but alot of times it would only kill 1-2 of the mobs pulled. Seemed like there was a trick to getting the mobs into Odin's range.
            FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
            FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
            aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

The accuracy of Zantetsuken is questionable to say it best.
              Usually out of the 7~8 mobs pulled Odin usually hits 3, sometimes you're lucky and Odin hits 4 to 6 of them.
              I've had times where Zantetsuken completely missed.

As for The Zantetsuken range, it's pretty close, I'd keep all mobs you want dead to be in Odin's line of sight for the best successrate.

Still though, when you get enough restore chests it does speed up the gain a little and gets you chests faster.
              Quetzalcoatl Server | WHM 80 | SMN 76 | NIN 75

Comment

Working...
              X