Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here actually likes how the new summosn work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who here actually likes how the new summosn work?

Did you even read what I typed?

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
      Qutrubs have a damage multiplier though, and supposing there is a cap, it's possible that their damage multiplier is applied after the 9999 damage cap.
      Possibly, we'll have to see if there will be someone to break this one record.
      Quetzalcoatl Server | WHM 80 | SMN 76 | NIN 75

Comment

Was this the first time the damage cap has been reached with 9999?

Nope. I remember a screen from... (i think) a MKD or ASA fight with those little moogle guys that take massive damage. The SS showed one of them getting hit with a darkness SC for over 14k. They also take massive damage anyway... but it was still cool to see.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
        99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
        99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Maybe the 9999 cap is specific to Campaign, and doesn't apply to qutrubs, the AMK boss, etc. It's hard to believe that someone could have hit exactly 9999 by accident.

Also, I'm not sure I would describe Odin as "useless" on regular mobs. Yes, it's normally a waste to use your 2hour to fight *one* regular mob, but there's still plenty of camps where you aren't guaranteed to get only one mob at a time. Burning your 2hr to undo a bad pull could prevent a wipe in some situations, even when non-NMs are involved. It's not like other jobs don't sometimes 2hr to deal with links and adds -- unless you're planning a BCNM or something, that's practically what 2hours are *for*.

I wonder if you could build multiple lights quickly by using Odin at the start of a party in Abyssea... if you've just arrived at camp, the mobs are often only DC or even EP.

Then again, I'm not a high level SMN and haven't gotten Odin yet, so this is mostly speculation.
          Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
          RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
          All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

For Abyssea exp, most SMNs with Odin actually ask pullers to bring lots when they have SP timer up. They then use Odin's Zantetsuken, and pop a chest to restore SP afterward.

To be honest, I've never paid enough attention to say whether mobs killed that way even give the alliance exp or not, but at least they were having fun.
            Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
            yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
            Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
            leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

I've never paid enough attention to say whether mobs killed that way even give the alliance exp or not, but at least they were having fun.
              They do give the alliance the XP but not sure about lights. There have been times where I’m killing <insert mob> with my alliance, then I’ll see something like this in my chat log

Romyro gains 400xp
              Romyro gains 408xp
              Romyro gains 392xp
              Romyro gains 400xp

That was from a crazy smn who would go in to a group of Murexes and Odin them w/o warning lol. Sometimes he’d live sometimes not.

Also…not sure if there’s any relevance but I have seen a Currier Carrie (remember that guy) get hit by that tonberry move for like 27k. funnest thing I’ve seen. I reread the chat log about 10 times to make sure there was 5 digits lol.
              99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
              -Farsha (90) Completed!!
              -Verth (90) Completed!!
              -Guttler (95) Completed!
              -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
              -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
              -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Working...
              X