Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where/how t solo at 52?

I got all summons but Diabolos.

After a 3 month hiatus from playing FFXI...I forgot everything! Not to mention I dont have my macros anymore (this one hurts).

I was wondering if anyone could explain me how and where to solo at my lvl.

Thanks

Re: Where/how t solo at 52?

I could write down a whole sentimental story about where I solo'd back in the day and such,
    but somebody already did a long time ago.

All I can add is, practive makes perfect, don't be discouraged when dying a couple of times.
    It took me more then a couple of tries to find the perfect kiting paths as well.
    Quetzalcoatl Server | WHM 80 | SMN 76 | NIN 75

Comment

at 52 I'd be in one of deserts, east or west altepa, but srsly try to duo with someone. you should have a free carby so cast, runway, re-cast, repeat.
      | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
      2/5 WAR +2
      Farsha(85)

Comment

FoV Page 1 Xarcabard or Page 5 Beaucedine Glacier, with a light staff, sub DNC or SAM, carb mitts, and JSE body, rock those mobs.

Unless your target explodes, I'm willing to bet you can rack up EXP much faster than trying to outlast a mob via running away and putting Carby on it.

Otherwise assuming 200-250 for a 4-6 minute fight, depending on how long Carby will take to wear down a T-VT mob, I'm confident I can rack up more EXP on Easy Preys combined with FoV and top your EXP rate.

Oh, make sure you apply Signet, and it's ok to get your hands dirty and engage.

Prep Cost I think is 6 at Level 52.
        With mitts this lowers it to 3
        With light staff this will lower it to 1
        Combine it with JSE body will make it 0

Not taking account into auto-refresh, but then you'll gain 1mp/tic now. Add FoV Refresh and it's 2mp/tic, so spam those Healing Rubys and Poison Nails.
        [LadyKiKi]
        Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
        .:|The Prototype BST|:.
        Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

at 52 I'd be in one of deserts, east or west altepa, but srsly try to duo with someone. you should have a free carby so cast, runway, re-cast, repeat.
          I agree. I would do a /sea all 51-53 Bst tbh. At that lvl range they might be few and far between but a lot of Bsts dont mind a duo. Plus you'll be able to work up your summoning skills faster with BPs.
          99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
          -Farsha (90) Completed!!
          -Verth (90) Completed!!
          -Guttler (95) Completed!
          -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
          -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
          -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
            I agree. I would do a /sea all 51-53 Bst tbh. At that lvl range they might be few and far between but a lot of Bsts dont mind a duo. Plus you'll be able to work up your summoning skills faster with BPs.
            Actually I would do a /sea all 51+ Bst. You might find a few who wouldnt mind level syncing.

I wish I could do levels 55-58 again in G. Citadel. Those levels were the most exp/hr I have ever gotten. Can easily pull off chain 5 for 450-500 exp. I think I will start looking for people to duo with at charming bats level or someone who can leech at charming beetles level. Even with someone leeching I probably get more exp/hr that I do currently in Sky with FoV.
            PSN ID: Kelshan
            Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
            Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
            sigpic

Comment

Well I was reading that guide and guess this kitty is gonna try to not blow herself up with the hellmines in garlagie xD

Wish me luck

Comment

Well Im 54 now!

Mostly because of fov in western altepa desert xD

half a level was earned by carby kite the bombs in ifrit's cauldron! only half because sneak keptwearin on me when running away form teh bombs and turning corners into bats T_T

Comment

Originally posted by AzureDemon View Post
                  Well Im 54 now!

Mostly because of fov in western altepa desert xD

half a level was earned by carby kite the bombs in ifrit's cauldron! only half because sneak keptwearin on me when running away form teh bombs and turning corners into bats T_T
                  Try this info about FoV, should give you any answer you need for choosing a place.

Field Manual - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

glad the desert worked out for ya...now go to WG and be a level sync for Wajaom Woodlands/Bhaflau Thickets...
                    | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
                    2/5 WAR +2
                    Farsha(85)

Comment

Working...
                    X