Excited about free Avatars!!! XD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excited about free Avatars!!! XD

So I've been working on reducing my perp costs every chance I get and I have bought or quested every piece of equipment currently available to me to reduce the cost as low as possible. Just last night I finally got Sea access and on friday I'm schedualed to go to my first Limbus run with my LS. Thankfully, every SMN in the group already has their Nashira Gages, so even as the noobie, I have dibs on the next hands drop, WOOT! Starting on Friday we're making the run through Tremenos... so I can hopefully get my hands on either Asteal Leather or Glittering Yarn for my AF+1 feet too. I can't wait to have a free Garuda/Fenrir/Diabolos to go with my free Carby. My current -perp setup goes as follows:

Fay Crozier: -3 (All Avatars)
    Apollo's Staff: -3 (Carby)
    Pluto's Staff: -3 (Fenrir/Diabolos)
    Evoker's Ring: -1
    Karura Hashigane: -2 (Garuda Only)
    YinYang Robe: -1 (Refresh effect)
    Austere Robe: -1
    Carbuncle Mits: -50% rounded up (Carby Only)
    Conjurer's Ring: -1 (Latent: Yellow HP and >100%TP)
    +
    Natural Refresh: -1

So if the terrestrial Avatar's perp cost is 13 at 75, Fenrir is 11 and Carby is 9...

Carby gives me +1mp/tic
    Fenrir costs me 2mp/tic
    Diabolos costs me 1mp/tic (With favor at +3mp refresh)... also, he's free if I can get my SMN skill to 317+
    Garuda costs me 2mp/tic
    Everything else costs me 4mp/tic

So as you can see... it makes a HUGE difference to my play style if I were to get my hands on the AF+1 feet and the Nashira Gages. Their addition would mean Free Carby/Fenrir/Garuda/Diabolos. Everything else would be -2mp/tic. Also... If I can find a group to finish the last 2 ACP fights with me, I'll have -2 perp from the Royal Redingote. If that were to replace my YYR, I would have only -1 perp to the others.

More important than any of that is the fact that I could also have Diabolos at up to +3mp/tic... THATS MORE THAN CARBY!!!
    Math time to prove it:

-3 Fay Crozier/Pluto's Staff
    -2 Royal Redingote
    -2 Avatar's Favor
    -1 Evoker's Ring
    -1 Nashira Gages
    -1 Evoker's Pigaches +1
    -1 Natural Refresh
    -1 Conjurer's Ring (Latent)

That's 12... and his cost is 13.

Diabolo's Favor caps NORMALLY at +3mp/tic. With that he's +2mp/tic. But if SMN Skill is at 317 or more... he gets an additional +1mp refresh... putting him at +3mp/tic.

Sweet Jesus... sweet Jesus in heaven!!! I don't plan to miss a single Limbus event... I needs me those Feet and those Hands. NNNEEEEEDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS THEEEEEEEMMMMMM!!!!!

Sidenote: Add book refresh from FoV and I'll have Free EVERYTHING for a half an hour at a time. +2 Carby, +2 Fenrir, +1 Garuda and +4 Diabolos... respectively... with specific gear selections for each.

Sidenote 2: I did not take into account either the Relic Body or Headpiece. They're purely situational... and would love to have my hands on both... the possibilites with both of them are almost orgasmic. I also ommited the Nirvana Mythic Staff, because seriously... if you have one... you need to step out of your basement and pour yourself a nice tall glass of GET A FREAKING LIFE!!!!
    Last edited by Yygdrasil; 02-16-2010, 12:26 PM.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Re: Excited about free Avatars!!! XD

If you can get your SMN skill up to 316, you'll cap your favor effects. I'm pointing this out because Diabolos actually caps at 4/tic which is pretty crazy.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I share these same dreams and aspirations...I'll be starting my first Limbus on Thursday, would also like to hope for some Glittering Yarn/Astral Leather....AF+1 feet are pretty sweek
      | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
      2/5 WAR +2
      Farsha(85)

Comment

I’m sure you’ve seen these but…some things you might want to look into if you love smn
        I use a number of these in BP macros.

Evoker’s Gages
        Karura Hachigane
        Spurrer Beret (for soloing maybe)
        Fenrir’s Crow 0/15...and i’ve heard peopel going into the upper 60s
        Morana’s Pigaches (1/14 woooot)
        Sacrifice Torque
        Any of the augments that add +Pet gear
        Some of the Castle O [s] SCNM drops

Some of these are more just toys but i still shoot for them as personal goals.

As much as like a free Avatar, I like stocking up on more Avatar Acc/Attk items for the physical BPs. Along with Smn Skill+ for wards.
        Still trying to hit that 316 mark. Relic gloves would make it so much easier.
        99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
        -Farsha (90) Completed!!
        -Verth (90) Completed!!
        -Guttler (95) Completed!
        -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
        -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
        -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

The only one of those I haven't heard of before is Fenrir's Crown....anyone macro this in? Does it help? I rarely miss with Eclipse Bite anyway, what do you use this for?

5/5 BST +2
          2/5 WAR +2
          Farsha(85)

Comment

I rarely miss with Eclipse Bite anyway, what do you use this for?
            i believe Eclipse bite is a 3 hit BP. I'm pretty sure this helps to make sure all (or more) hits land. Espically when you start BPing on higher mobs.

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
            -Farsha (90) Completed!!
            -Verth (90) Completed!!
            -Guttler (95) Completed!
            -Aegis just started

Comment

ah I forgot its a 3-hit attack...good idea...I shall camp this tonite after einherjar thx for the tip

5/5 BST +2
              2/5 WAR +2
              Farsha(85)

Comment

you'll need to look the NM up for exact details but heres what i can tell you.

Easily soloable by a 75 smn (i use Ifirt)
                Easily to get to (from WG)
                Timer NM, so if he's not up just wait. no PHers
                From what i hear the drop rate is so horrible. i'm sure people have it, but i've yet to see anyone on Hades with it.

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                -Verth (90) Completed!!
                -Guttler (95) Completed!
                -Aegis just started

Comment

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
                  I’m sure you’ve seen these but…some things you might want to look into if you love smn
                  I use a number of these in BP macros.

Evoker’s Gages
                  Karura Hachigane
                  Spurrer Beret (for soloing maybe)
                  Fenrir’s Crow 0/15...and i’ve heard peopel going into the upper 60s
                  Morana’s Pigaches (1/14 woooot)
                  Sacrifice Torque
                  Any of the augments that add +Pet gear
                  Some of the Castle O [s] SCNM drops

Some of these are more just toys but i still shoot for them as personal goals.

As much as like a free Avatar, I like stocking up on more Avatar Acc/Attk items for the physical BPs. Along with Smn Skill+ for wards.
                  Still trying to hit that 316 mark. Relic gloves would make it so much easier.

Got the Gages... and the Nightmare Gloves (Ultimately useless/rare collectors item)
                  Got the Karura Hashigane (Vulpangue is an asshole.... I went 1/4)
                  Spurrer Beret is something new to me, I'll have to look it up
                  Fenrir's Crown, I'm currently 0/38 and have given up
                  Morana's Pigaches, similar... 0/23 not worth the trouble... maybe some day
                  Sac Torque... got it. It's my anti-sleep solution
                  Fay Crozier, got it with -3 perp. +4 pet magic attack
                  ACP, MKD and ASA gear... I havent finished any of them. ACP I'm on the last fight, MKD second to last and ASA I'm on like.. the 5th mission.

I also have Beacon Cuffs, Summoning Belt (the new frog NM), Astral Pot, Astral Staff (uselolz), Astral Signa (even more uselulz), Fidelity Earring and the other lvl40 latent earring that benefits pets.

I aspire for the Koshei Crakows (or however it's spelled) from the Castle O. {s} NM. The chances of getting enough people to take on a challenge like that are slim and nil. The same goes for the Diverter's Ring. Ultimately both of them are novelty items and I really don't NEED them... but I also didn't NEED the Nightmare gloves. That didn't stop me from hunting down the guy who bought the last pair sold on our server. Only 5 ever made it onto the AH... the most recent one was 2 years ago. I found the guy online, offered him 3 times what he paid for them in the first place and then proudly added them to my "Idleing" gear set.

<-----pathetic

Comment

I'm reviving my own post due to the fact that new gear/abilities have been introduced that make it not only possible to obtain Free Avatars... but MUCH easier than it was in my OP.

List of Abilities/Gear that provides - Avatar Perpetuation
                    (incomplete: not including crap that's too hard to get or gear that's bested by anothetr piece)

Natural Refresh -2 @ lvl90

Avatar's Favor -2 (While Active, obviously)

Main
                    Fay Crozier / HQ Elemental Staves (-3)
                    Bahamut Staff (-3)
                    Trial Saves (-5)

Head
                    Karura Hashigane (-2: Garuda Only)
                    Austere's/Penance Hat (-1)
                    That hat for Fenrir??? (-1: Fenrir Only)
                    Caller's Horn +2 (Refresh)

Body
                    Caller's Doublet +2 (-4)
                    Royal Redingote/Penance Robe (-2)
                    Yin Yang Robe (Refresh)

Hands
                    Nashira Gages (-1)
                    Carbuncle Mitts (-50% rounded up: Carbuncle Only)
                    Callers Bracers +2 (-50% rounded up: Day/Weather)

Legs
                    Augur's Brais (-1)

Feet
                    Caller's Pigaches +2 (-3)
                    Evoker's Pigaches +1 (-1)

Ring
                    Evoker's Ring (-1)

Neck
                    Caller's Pendant (-1: Weather/Day)

Belt
                    Diabolos' Rope (-1: Diabolos Only)

(I know I'm missing some... feel free to post anything I left out and I'll be happy to include it in the list ^_^)

Now that we have a working list of gear to reference... lets get to mixing/matching!!!

Since the new updates that have raised the level cap to 90, only very small changes have been made to increase the perpetuation cost of Avatars. Carbuncle's MP/tic was increased from 9 to 10. Fenrir's MP/tic was increased from 11 - 12. The remaining Avatar's (including Diabolos) MP/tic were increased from13 to 14.

Starting with Carbuncle: The easiest one. Let's make him free, shall we?

Carbuncle Mitts (-50%) makes him only 5MP/tic
                    Apollo's Staff(-3) makes him only 2
                    Natural Refesh at lvl 90 (-2) makes him free
                    Add any gear that provides "Refresh" and you have Carbuncle at +1MP/tic

Fenrir is just about as easy as Carby was now that we have the new gear... let see now:

Caller's Robe +2 (-4) takes him down from 12MP/tic to only 8
                    Caller's Pigaches +2 (-3) knocks it down to 5MP/tic
                    Pluto's Staff (-3) takes it to 2MP/tic
                    Throw in Natural Refresh at lvl 90 (-2) and he's free
                    Add in any gear that provides "Refresh" (like Caller's Horn +2) and He's now +1MP/tic

Last... let's try and make the rest of them free. Here's where it gets even more time-consuming. (We'll cover Garuda later)

Caller's Robe +2 (-4) takes them down from 14MP/tic to only 10
                    Caller's Pigaches +2 (-3) knocks it down to 7MP/tic
                    Trial Staff (of the appropriate avatar element) (-5) takes it to 2MP/tic
                    Throw in Natural Refresh at lvl 90 (-2) and they're free

"But Yyg! I don't have the time to do Trials... they're such a pain in the ass!!!"

Well, don't you fear... Ol' Yyg has a solution for you too!

Caller's Robe +2 (-4) takes you from 14MP/tic to only 10
                    Caller's Pigaches +2 (-3) to 7MP/tic
                    HQ Elemental Staves/Bahamut Staff/Fay Crozier (-3) gives you 4MP/tic
                    Natural Refresh at lvl 90 (-2) gives you 2MP/tic
                    Evoker's Ring (-1) takes it to 1MP/tic
                    Augur's Brais (-1) gives you FREE AVATARS!
                    Add in any gear that gives you "Refresh" and you have any Avatar you want at +1MP/tic

Epic huh?

Of course there are mix/match options you can do with the gear/abilities I listed. You're free to do things the way you want... I just gave you the tools!

For instance... if you wanted to trade Augur's Brais (-1) for Nashira Gages (-1), BY ALL MEANS!!! DO IT!!!

And don't forget, Avatar specific gear like Diabolos' Rope (-1: Diabolos Only), Karura Hashigane (-2: Garuda Only) and that damn Fenrir hat I can't remember the name of... they're definately not to be ignored. Just remember that a lot of the combinations I provided rely upon the Caller's Horn +2 to give you "Refresh. If you substitute The Hat? or the Hashigane for it... you'll have to get Refresh elsewhere (Like the YYR). Figure out the combo that works for you and you'll be able to IDLE any avatar you want (Excluding Odin and Alexander) ANYWHERE, ANYTIME.

Enjoy!

Comment

Inside abyssea, with 1 or 2 refresh atmas, you will most likely always be gaining MP with any avatar out.

Couple things to add…

You now can get refresh spell with /Rdm. Which won’t help if you’re idle/afk but more refresh is more refresh.

Conjurer Ring (latent effect -1 prep at HP <75% iirc)
                      Another solid choice (imo) especially if on /rdm (or /sch) since you wont get getting auto-regen from /whm

I believe a fully upgraded ToM staff gives -6 costs along with –BP time.

Not 100% sure on this one, but I remember reading that Callers horn (+1 or +2) upgrades Avatar Favor and reduce cost from -2 to -3

**edit**
                      just noticed the ring was in your original post... ><
                      Last edited by Romyro; 12-30-2010, 07:42 AM.

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                      -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                      -Verth (90) Completed!!
                      -Guttler (95) Completed!
                      -Aegis just started

Comment

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
                        I believe a fully upgraded ToM staff gives -6 costs along with –BP time.

Not 100% sure on this one, but I remember reading that Callers horn (+1 or +2) upgrades Avatar Favor and reduce cost from -2 to -3
                        The Atma thing I was loosely aware of, but it's cool to have positive confirmation about it!

As for the ToM Staff giving -6 when it's fully upgraded... woah... I thought -5 was good.

Lastly: The Caller's Horn (+1 or +2) giving the augment to Avatar's favor made me curious when I first read it. is the -perp the only thing it changes? I was kinda hoping for boosts in the effectiveness of the favors themselves... like Diabolos' Favor giving +4 when it's capped... and then increasing to +5 with the magic 316... or Shiva's Favor boosting the MaB by more.

Is the -3 per augment the only thing that changes? Any info on this would be awsome.

Comment

My general rules of thumb for smn are
                          Keep skill capped
                          -Perp set when BP is down
                          +Smn Skill set/specific armor when BPing

With that being said, I’m personally not very big on testing things out. Could be a myth for all I know.
                          I think I skimmed through a BG post that mentioned it was another -1 cost and possibly another tier to Wards.

Regardless…the piece rocks imo.
                          Gives refresh oppose to –perp,
                          Pretty high Smn skill
                          Decent amount of +mp

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                          -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                          -Verth (90) Completed!!
                          -Guttler (95) Completed!
                          -Aegis just started

Comment

Working...
                          X