SMN 41 where to lvl solo??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMN 41 where to lvl solo??

I been wondering where a SMN with all summons (except fenrir and diabolos) can lvl solo.

Thanks for any and all info ^^

Re: SMN 41 where to lvl solo??

FFXIclopedia
    Vana'diel Atlas: Final Fantasy XI Maps collection - Treasure, NM, Quests, and Missions locations

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
    ------
    Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
    When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

That really doesn't help me as I'm still new to the game and don't know what I can or cannot kill with my smn.

Comment

Originally posted by AzureDemon View Post
        That really doesn't help me as I'm still new to the game and don't know what I can or cannot kill with my smn.
        Well don't go out and try or anything. Instead of playing the game, wait for others to tell you how to do it.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
        ------
        Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
        When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Can SMN level off of BST pets? That seems to be the major mage solo.

Black Mage Solo Guide by Lion heart
          Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
          99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
          F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
          >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Solo at 41.
            Possible? yes.
            Worth it? unlikely.

Summoner soloing does not work like the black mage way, we don't have any damaging moves able to consecutively kill mobs.
            Summoners are limited by perpetuation cost as well as the blood pact cost and recast timers and most of the time will need a full MP pool to effectively kill stuff at or over their level and most of the times even that won't cut it.
            Starting up at levels where you can get Carbuncle for free, soloing a Very Tough or higher mob can take 45 minutes or longer.

Important factors for summoner soloing are:
            -A cheap (preferably free) avatar able to keep the summoner going for a long time without having to worry about MP depleting before the mob is dead.
            For 90% of the summoner base this will be level 51, the level where the light staff can be equiped.
            level 40 is the actual level where a free carbuncle is possible, but you'll need a Dragon staff for that and seeing you're new to the game it will probably be a very long time before you see that.

-Kiting space.
            Summoners solo monsters by means of kiting, to effectively kite you'll need a path which is free of any monster that might agro you or link with the monster you are fighting.
            You'll also enough space between you and your enemy to resummon your pet.

-Suicidal mobs.
            The success for a summoner to effectively solo is because of the mobs that use moves that also kills themselves.
            As these moves usually inflict massive amounts of damage these mobs are only viable to solo for pet jobs like summoner and beastmaster.
            As the pet usually always is between you and the mob, it's self destructive move should not hit you but your expendible pet itself.
            Mobs that able to kill themselves are Goblins, Bombs, Arcane Dolls, Bees and Ghrah.
            The mob of choice for summoners usually is the bomb family as they self destruct on the most frequent basis.

As for viable solo places at 41, I have no clue.
            It has been a long time since I was that level and at that time not many places pre 51were known/available.
            I would personally advise you to wait until level 51 where you will have a free carbuncle with light staff (given you have carbuncle mitts) as even suicidal mobs can choose not to kill themselves and fights can take a long time because of that.

Maybe the following guide will help your journy:
            Spira's Summoner Soloing and Astralburn Encyclopedia - Killing Ifrit
            Last edited by Shirai; 05-04-2009, 04:38 AM. Reason: Spelling =.=
            Quetzalcoatl Server | WHM 80 | SMN 76 | NIN 75

Comment

If it's a matter of perpetuation cost, then the 1 point of FoV refresh might make it possible as low as level 25 with carby mitts. Now all that's left is for someone to find camps, lol.
              Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
              99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
              F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
              >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Perhaps, but there's the little sidethingy of higher Tough, Very Tough or when trained enough even Incredibly Tough suicidal mobs at those levels that won't kill of your pet in less then 30 seconds.

Aside from that, the need of a kiting path where you don't accidentally agro or link other mobs.

As I said, it's not impossible to solo at those levels.
                Actually summoner is a pretty good soloer at all levels.
                I am just not sure if there are any camps safe enough or even worth soloing for exp before level 50.

Comment

As these moves usually inflict massive amounts of damage these mobs are only viable to solo for pet jobs like summoner and beastmaster.
                  This isn't quite true - it's a little known fact that you can run out of the range of self-destruct moves, getting the mob to kill itself for free (if you were already running when the mob started the move, it's even possible to do this with 3 pieces of Dusk equipped.) Of course this still suffers from the need to have a certain amount of space to run aggro-free. But you're right in that pet jobs can do this safer than anyone else.
                  Last edited by Armando; 05-04-2009, 06:26 AM.

Comment

What did i whent in Attohwa chasm (be sure to bring oil) go at H-9 use band and fight flesh eater with carby until you have no mp then rest and do it again no chain but fast xp if you staff is cap use starburst and carby poison nails right after make Transfixion.

Comment

Worms are indeed a good alternative soloing, but it's not fast.
                      And hoping not to sound like a complete ass, Attowah chasm worms go up to level 37 max so you need to be lucky to find an easy prey.

The Flesh eaters in Eastern Altepa Desert however range from 37 to 42 and Western Altep ranges from 43 to 47.
                      The deserts however in my opinion do not qualify as easy and safe places to solo.
                      As Attowah chasm has a good worm concentration in the middle paths where there's close to no agro around the worms themselves, the worms in Altepa spawn all over the maps and have no real concentration.
                      You can try to solo there, but it will be slow. (I'll keep the risky out, because soloing always is risky )

I would also recommend against meleeing them as there's quite a few other agroing mobs around and the worms themselves also have some area moves that hurt a summoner quite a bit.
                      Last edited by Shirai; 05-05-2009, 01:59 AM.

Comment

yes but altepa worm pop only at 18:00 and you have to wait and kill spider and you get same xp has worm in attowah and worm are easy to kill i made 1.2k xp with out resting on wotm with band got to love tarutaru mp with carby mitts help with 1mp tic.

Comment

Eeehm... yeah...

Attowah worms at 41 are pretty close to becoming too weak though.
                          So it's quite the question of being worth it.
                          Last edited by Shirai; 05-05-2009, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Altepa worms definitely only spawn at night. It says so in the wiki (in the very same page you linked, even) but besides that I can confirm from personal experience as well because I was looking to re-cap some magic skills on them.

Comment

Yea, corrected my post above.
                              The sad fact with this is that the camps for a soloing sumoner pre-50 still are severely limited.

Past 42 Chasm itself will also be out of the question as the chance to find a worm that still even gives exp becomes incredibly low.
                              Last edited by Shirai; 05-05-2009, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X