How to get those famous Carby Mitts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get those famous Carby Mitts

Just wondering on a couple of things here really. 1st of i no u need a prelate key and Uggaleiphi Offering to fight the NM in the temple. I also no that each person needs their own offering to trade to the ??? to start the fight.

Wot i wanna no is that if there r say 6 of u all wanting to mitts, obviously i no u have to fight it 6 times, but do i need 1 key per person or can just 1 person in the party use the 1 key 1 time for all ppl to get in a single run?

P.S. If u r on Remora and doing the run please please please /tell Jamiefulton as i really want thses mitts to continue my smn

Many Thanks

Re: How to get those famous Carby Mitts

1 key for the whole group is enough.

Plus, if one of you get through that door you can open it from the other side with no key.

Alternatively, try to aggro a pot from behind the door, it will cast a spell on you and then you run out of range, it'll follow you, opening the door in the process.
    [LadyKiKi]
    Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
    .:|The Prototype BST|:.
    Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

Its been 4+ years, so I'm probably remembing it all wrong, but here we go...

Of your party you need 1 key to open the door. Theoretically you dont need any if you want to aggro a mob on other side of door with magic. They are nice enough to open the door to kick your butt.

Every character that wants a carby mitt will need an offering. You need to give an offering and fight the guy for each mitt you want.

Ideally if you can get a Bard and the rest high end summoners it becomes a whole lot easier. That is the party I initially went with and it seemed liked a joke. I went back later to help a friend get it, and had a standard 75s PLD, WHM and assorted DDs. We barely got by.

Good Luck!
      Midgard:
      75SMN\5XWHM\37BLM\37RDM\the rest 15+

WOW:
      80 PLD\80 DRU\60Mage\60 Shamen\the rest 30+

RL:
      lvl 75 - EE\CMPE\CMPSCI

Comment

Ok now i gotta find a party or a very gud rdm/nin to help me get them as i only got a highest of 59 blm/whm
        I wud bug the guys in LS but they got other things scheduled this week, and i really need to continue with smn as im using it for the promys

Comment

You dont need a full party to get through this fight. I got mine with a 65 mnk 75 whm 75 smn and 75 drg (this was serious overkill) . We spent ages trying to magic aggro the pots and got bored so we went to far the key. Got it came back and the Whm cast a bar spell and it aggros straight away through the door and opened it for us. If u pan the camera right when your against one of the wally you can see through them so you can see where the magic pots are.

As for the fight take a Smn and have them cast stoneskin and blink. melee go /nin for shadows. your main problem is astral flow really. It casts astral flow soon as it is popped so recomended that only 1 person pops it while the rest stand out of range. The boss didnt have time to cast astral flow again. Drg and the Mnk meleed it to death in short order.

On our second fight for my mits got hit for about 700 ish on astral flow cause he stripped my shadows/stoneskin before casting.

Only problems we had was a Doll used meltdown and 1 shotted me for over 1100 hp while we were clearing the room.

Remember the ??? pops on a 15 minute timer so its going to take a while to get 6 people through it.
          Barsha: Sam 85 Blm 85 Blu 85 Drg 75 Rdm 78 Whm 49 Thf 49 War 49 Dnc 42 Nin 49 Drk 33
          Alchemy 23 Cooking 23
          Bastok 6-1 COP complete AU complete ZM complete WotG Wings Of Glory

Comment

he 2hrs at pop and he 2 hrs a few time in fight i duo him on with bst then at 1% hp he 2hrs.

Comment

I wuv my carby mitts :3

Comment

Can be duoed with a DD and a healer. Keep in mind to reset your Tonberry Hate just before you fight, CFH on the tonberrys in the area that you have to clear, and pull close to the entrance tunnel of the room so as not to have links from repops (but no too far as there is a Doll close.)

Also, make CERTAIN that your healer keeps an eye out specifically for throat stab. My first run I got throat stabbed followed immediatly by Searing Light.

Comment

I'd rather the DD be the one to keep an eye out for Throat Stab, honestly ... you can just back off of the move and it won't do anything. It certainly beats having to heal better than a Cure V's worth of HP...

Comment

>.> I'm a galka in game. It's more like 2 or 3 Cure Vs

Comment

ok thanks for all the advice, went in with 2 guys from my LS, a WHM and NIN i think, i forget, lol, they were both 75 with me tagging along as a lv 59 BLM/29 WHM, i lasted for about 2 mins myself and then just got hot with Astral Flow, forgot to reapply Stoneskin after the 1st Astral Flow, watched the other 2 beat the snot of of him and finally got the mitts

I did get 1 AM in, he resisted so only dealt 400 damage, which took next to nothing off his health. Oh well i'm still happy now. Doing the promy runs now, hope to get Diabolos ASAP

Comment

Working...
                      X