Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting rid of mini tuning forks?

Hello fellow Summoners,

as you all know we get that Rare/Ex mini tuning forks in order to do the mini fights. Can those be used for anything else? I know that I can go do the mini battles again with those, but there is no real need to do so, right? As far as I know I need the regular tuning fork key items for the prime fights in order to be able to fight Fenrir. So the mini tuning forks would just take up space in my inventory.

So my question is: is it safe to throw away the mini tuning forks or should I hold on to them for some reason that I don't know? Unfortunately I couldn't find any clear info on this.

Thanks in advance for your answers,
    Ben

Re: Getting rid of mini tuning forks?

Lots of people intentionally did the full level fights and hung unto the miniforks for easy teles to protocrystals.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
      Lots of people intentionally did the full level fights and hung unto the miniforks for easy teles to protocrystals.
      Hm, ok. Since I did the mini fights already the NPCs won't teleport me to the protocrystals anymore (according to FFXIclopedia). That actually means I have no more use for the mini forks, right?

Comment

Correct, most people don't bother to actually do the lvl 20 fights, they just save the Mini forks so they can solo the Prime Avatars and have an easy teleport to the crystals.
        (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ====【†】 BIBLE FIGHT !
        sigpic

Comment

ya I'm sorry to hear that you beat the Mini fights. now if you want to help you have a exhausting run to do to get to them... I Never recommend anyone doing that mini fights.

Comment

Hm. I didn't know you could warp straight to the cloisters with the mini Tuning Forks. Is it possible to still get the mini fight quest even if you can already summon the avatar? Being able to warp straight to the avatar would save me a lot of time and make soloing them for gil a lot more feasable.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
              Hm. I didn't know you could warp straight to the cloisters with the mini Tuning Forks. Is it possible to still get the mini fight quest even if you can already summon the avatar? Being able to warp straight to the avatar would save me a lot of time and make soloing them for gil a lot more feasable.
              You can get a new "Tuning for of ....." everytime you fight, win and turn in the whisper, once per day. Only if you have access to the prime forks and have not beat the mini fight, can you then use the fork warp.

Comment

You can get a new "Tuning for of ....." everytime you fight, win and turn in the whisper, once per day. Only if you have access to the prime forks and have not beat the mini fight, can you then use the fork warp.
                I know that, but will the NPC *give me the quest* for the Lv.20 fights when I already have all 6 avatars?

Comment

Since you have all Avy's, then I take it you beat them either with the Prime forks or mini forks or a combinations of both. If you already beat the lv 20 fights with the mini fork then you can't warp back to them after. Also if you beat the Lv 20 mini fork fight and have high Fame, then yes, you can get the prime fork the following day to enter the Crystal again, but under the Prime fork condition. hope that answers your question.

Comment

Oh, by the way, you can toss the mini-forks ... they'll give you new ones for the asking, then you can use it for a teleport.

I wish I hadn't done the mini fights myself, but nobody told me not to until far too late...

Comment

As I recall, you need to be SMN to use the mini fork to get sent directly to the cloister.

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
                      WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Mahk View Post
                        ya I'm sorry to hear that you beat the Mini fights. now if you want to help you have a exhausting run to do to get to them... I Never recommend anyone doing that mini fights.
                        There's no need to be sorry. I'm glad I did them, because it was a very big challenge and I am proud that I was able to beat all those avatars.

And when I need to fight the avatars for the whispers I am sure my LS friends will gladly come with me all the way to the protocrystals which means hours of intense fun and adventuring.

Comment

Working...
                        X