Can't get the Mini-Tuning Fork of Lightning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get the Mini-Tuning Fork of Lightning

I'm in a bit of a pickle and was hoping a more experienced person can help me. After reading the various sites on guides to FFXI all of them point to the fact that I need at least Windy Fame 3 to receive the mini-tuning fork of lightning for the Trial Size and Fame 6 for the 65+ battle. I've checked my fame at the NPC in windy and I have fame 5. My SMN is lvl 25.

Lacia in Mhaura says, "Try though you may, there will come a time when failure is inevitable. Channel that agony and bitterness into creating a new plan."

Ripapa says "Owzie-wowzie! Don't make me talk. I hurt all over!"

I've run out of ideas on what to do, help

Re: Can't get the Mini-Tuning Fork of Lightning

Did you try once and fail? If so, you have to wait one in game week before you can get another fork. Thats all I can think of.

I know you said you checked but just to double check, this is what the NPC in Windy (Windurst Waters (North) - Zabirego-Hajigo - (F-10) In Timbre Timbers Tavern) should say about fame:

Oh, you're the <Name> that people are starting to talk about. I've heard pretty good things about you. Hard work and perseverance--those are the only things that'll put you on the map.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Do you by chance have one of the other Trial Sized Trial quests active? It's possible that they're mutually exclusive of one another. I don't know for certain since I got my avatars the "hard" way...

Icemage

Comment

I haven never done the quests before, and I checked all of my active active quests and I also checked my key items and my normal items as well. Yet they still say those same phrases.

Comment

Key quests and mini-key quests are not mutually exclusive, and you can have them all active at the same time. The regular quest gives you a key item, but the mini-quest gives you an actual item which, if I remember correctly, does not get destroyed (I still have all my mini-keys in storage atm).

I've had this problem before when I was trying to do Shiva, and as much as it seems like a stupid question -- are you talking to them with Summoner as your main job? It will not activate any other way. The main quests will activate with any job, but Minis are main-job summoner only.
          Kindadarii (Bahamut)
          90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
          70.3 + 2 Woodworking
          52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

I'm not sure about the Op's problem but thought I'd chip in.
            My character is currently holding 4 of the mini forks.
            When I was running about collecting them I switched to Bst my highest job to travel and I had forgotten to switch and recieved similar messages.
            After changing back to Smn I was able to obtain them.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Yes I do have my summoner out as my main job and yet still nothing, I tried changing the job then switching back to summoner and they still say the same phrases. I'm half tempted to call a rep or something but I doubt they would have the answer either

Comment

They wouldn't be able to help. The most they would say is that it's functioning correctly (which I'm sure is what they would say) and to make sure you meet all the requirements.

I suppose my next line of questioning would be, what's your fame in other cities? Windy, Sandy, Bastok, Tenshado (if applicable), Jeuno, Kazham, Rabao/Selbina... it's *possible*, albeit very remote, that the requirements for the quest were simply assumed to be just linked to Windy. Not asking you to run around to check all 7, but if you happen to know others it might help.

I would also check to see if you have a "Tuning Fork of Lightning" key item or "Mini Tuning Fork of Lightning" item -- have to make sure the difference on those two were clarified. The mini fork could also be in your safe, storage, etc, but if you've never talked to them before, it's unlikely you would already have one.

Assuming all the above doesn't help solve the problem, I would then suggest trying to flag a different Trial Size quest in another city -- Titan was easiest for me to complete (in Bastok), as was Ifrit (Kazham). Shiva was a pain and I ended up beating her in the high level fight.

In truthfulness, it just seems highly likely that something was overlooked, which isn't all that uncommon.
                Kindadarii (Bahamut)
                90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
                70.3 + 2 Woodworking
                52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfZeal View Post
                  They wouldn't be able to help. The most they would say is that it's functioning correctly (which I'm sure is what they would say) and to make sure you meet all the requirements.
                  Absolutely correct, they will be of no use. They won't even tell you if you meet the requirements, all they will say is something along the lines of "There are requirements for this quest. You might not be meeting all of them." I've asked for help with issues in the past (one was entrance to Dynamis which I had done before but suddenly couldn't access, even had the key item) and so have my husband and son but thats about all they would say. No matter what SE says, the game glitches and does things that it shouldn't on rare occasions. It's aggravating but it happens. Your best bet if nothing else works, build up your reputation some more and talk to all npc's involved in the quest again in the right order. (I've never done this quest so I do not know what is involved.) Just basically re-do it, try more reputation, and if all else fails, contact a GM. I know it's useless but who knows maybe they'll ninja fix it and the next time you log in it will work. Stranger things have happened.
                  Originally posted by Feba
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  Originally posted by DakAttack
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

GMs will never, ever, answer gameplay questions. Even if you are reporting a glitch and know what you're talking about, they will either just tell you to file a bug report on PlayOnline, or if they're feeling charitable they'll pass it up the chain for you.

Icemage

Comment

I really don't know what to do, I'm just going to go on and get Ifrit now. Hopefully after I get him Ramuh will open up.
                      Last edited by JasonF124; 11-24-2008, 01:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yeah man I have the SAME problem thats been driving me MAD for weeks!!!! I'm level 20 Summoner and i have rank 9 Fame in San d'Oria and the NPC wont give me the Mini Tuning Fork!!! He says the same things as to you ! "Try though you may, there will come a time when failure is inevitable. Channel that agony and bitterness into creating a new plan." And i tried everything! leaving area, making sure Main Job is Summoner, Checked storage Mog house, for maybe i picked it up and forgot idk. And NOTHING! I went to Bastok hoping that its just a glitch in San d'Oria and nope the NPC in Bastok says the same things....... IM SOOOO LOST when i started this game all i wanted was to be a Summoner and now im getting this Bullshit.... And no'one online seems to know what to do cause i dont think there is anything....

Comment

Since I've been playing smn as my main for almost a year now, finally hit lvl75 yesterday. To answer the mini-fork question.
                          You need fame, minimum lvl2 as most people say (I believe its lvl 3) this would be be for mini-forks. The Tuning fork, I'd advise fame lvl6 & not five, as they never lvl at the same rate in all the nations/cities. Mhaura (or something like that is Ramuh based), is tied to that dumb quest only the best.

On another note, to obtain the mini-forks ya your smn needs to be lvl 20 (15 is yet to be prooven) & your main must be smn/??? in order to get the elvaan npc to give it to you. Should you beat the lvl20 fight, you won't get the mini-fork warp to that specific cloister (prooved it 4 days ago with another smn, who was bitching about not being able to warp to the cloister of frost). To always get the warp using the mini-fork make sure You're always SMN/???
                          Humpty Dumpty.....

SMN 75

Comment

Do you have enough fame? ;

Comment

Working...
                            X