New Summons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Summons

Well this is a slightly necro'd topic...and yet, it's actually fairly relevant. From everything we were told, SE is supposedly adding two new usable avatars to the game in this very update. However with it being only a week away and them having not given any word on to who those Avatars may be, it's starting to seem a bit unlikely.

So what are the chances SE will actually pull through this time and keep their word? In the midst of so many other great changes and additions happing this time around, is it even possible to fit in two more usable Avatars?
    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Well they already announced what changes summoners will have and no avatars were mentioned

Comment

Well this next expansion is coming in small installments. (Three $10 installments, I think??) So it's possible it is coming in the next expansion but since they are doing it in small installments, maybe its coming in a later release? Just trying to keep the dream alive for those deprived smn's out there!
        Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Actually TGM you've got it all wrong;

The mini-expansions are being done by separate team altogether, and are their own stories (they're not linked in any way to each other)

The next full expansion is still being worked on by the usual dev team and will probably be announced soon since it's been well over year since WotG. Also, the new avatars should be coming in the summer update according to our Devs at the earliest.
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Mal...

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
            Just trying to keep the dream alive for those deprived smn's out there!
            Originally posted by Feba
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            Originally posted by DakAttack
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
              Actually TGM you've got it all wrong;

The mini-expansions are being done by separate team altogether, and are their own stories (they're not linked in any way to each other)

The next full expansion is still being worked on by the usual dev team and will probably be announced soon since it's been well over year since WotG. Also, the new avatars should be coming in the summer update according to our Devs at the earliest.

They cant be preparing to release ANOTHER full expansion if WotG isnt even complete yet..........although it would be nice for them to release one for the Far East (think Feudal Japan). Thats just me hoping of course.

As for the new avatars, I dunno, I'm thinking maybe a mini version of Atomos (those maws look a lot like the Atomos from FFIX) or hell, maybe even Ixion for all we know >.>
              Originally posted by Van Wilder
              Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
              No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
              Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
              I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

SE is taking us for a ride, given their track record at making statements that they cannot deliver. I would not hold my breath for any avatars in this new release, let alone anytime soon.

It's like asking a child what he/she wants for their birthday & they tell you they want a shiny new avatar. Then you get them a freaking book to read instead of a very cool toy. It's very depressing
                Last edited by Dracko Of South Africa; 04-02-2009, 01:57 AM.
                Humpty Dumpty.....

SMN 75

Comment

Mmmmm with SE you never know. I just hope they dont give us stupid ass summoners

Comment

Originally posted by Darkhound View Post
                    Mmmmm with SE you never know. I just hope they dont give us stupid ass summoners
                    They caught us by surprise with Diabolos too and it is not tomorrow yet.

But even then I won't hold my breath.
                    Quetzalcoatl Server | WHM 80 | SMN 76 | NIN 75

Comment

nothing

So i guess in the next update or the next or the next after that

Comment

(havent read through the whole thread) i wouldnt mind seeing pheonix or siren. Siren would be great as it would grant us some bard spells.

offtopic:
                        By the way, cledwin were you from titan and in sxysarah's (blessedangel) linkshell
                        Emeraldpearl

75 Summoner
                        37 White Mage

75 Red Mage
                        37 White Mage

Currently Leveling: WHM

Comment

I honestly think it will be a whoe year again before we see these new avatars

Comment

Originally posted by Darkhound View Post
                            I honestly think it will be a whoe year again before we see these new avatars
                            I think your right. However its nice to dream lol ^^
                            Emeraldpearl

75 Summoner
                            37 White Mage

75 Red Mage
                            37 White Mage

Currently Leveling: WHM

Comment

I don't recall SE promising avatars for this version update. I only recall that at the last fanfest, or whatever, they said that by the same time next year, we'd be asking them how to use them, or something to that effect.

Comment

they promised avatars 2 years ago.. and nothing... i honestly think that they have no idea as of what to do or what to make up and they will just keep on stalling this

Comment

Working...
                                X