X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Healing Ruby

Well, the same person who put up those numbers I quoted also wrote:

• The impact of TP so far seems to be 2HP for 33% TP
    • 24% TP doesn't seem to have an impact and you still get 42 HP at level 28.
    Looks like there's a (floor(TP/3) * 2 HP) going on there, meaning there is a "tier" where you have to hit ~33.4% before another 2 HP is added.

BTW, I made up my formula (for 0TP) based on the data in that table and from Saren's screenshot. That's 4 data points from Lv.21 to Lv.30. >_>; I'd be more surprise than anyone else if it holds up outside that range ...
    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Sorry was too knackered to respond last night. I did some playing around this morning and....it's not simple.

The two things I can absolutely say for sure is that:

1. It's partly dependent on level.
      2. It's partly dependent on TP.

I don't think skill is a factor but not ruling it out yet. I also don't think it's random but again, can't rule it out because the results went a bit haywire when I got to 88% tp.

Al of this was done on elementally neutral days with no mnd/cure potency etc gear or food on.

The individual tests so far for anyone whose interested

It looked like it was going to be a nice straight +25% tp = tier bonus with the bonus being +1 hp at my level until I got that 88% Healing Ruby. I am going to test more later but at the moment definitely not sorted.

I am trying to rope friends in to help out just to try and get the base value sorted out at 0% TP and how that varied with level. Level 75 friend trying it out later on today hopefully.

Interestingly, the wiki talk page listed the 0% TP value at level 28 as being 42 hp, my level 28 friend has summoning skill only one level lower and only gained 39 hp from his healing ruby at 0% TP.

The level 28 friend also had healing ruby healing for 45 hp at 40% TP which, assuming the variation with TP doesn't change as you level up indicates that the bonus from TP scales as you level up, which would make sense.

I am going to try and get Carby mitts minimum and hopefully some higher level help before I try again. It's difficult to get mobs that can actually hit Carbuncle for damage, aren't too dangerous and that I can kill when I need to to stop any TP change.
      sigpic
      Signature courtesy of Selphiie the Enchantress

Comment

I'd noticed the lower than expected numbers on Healing Ruby too, so I thought I'd try and see what I could come up with.
        My stats
        lvl: 35
        skill: 106-107 (I gained a point in skill during this, but since that doesn't put me at or above cap it shouldn't make a difference, if I understand correctly)
        Done on watersday & windsday
        Attohwa Chasm against Flesh Eaters (either no weather or windy weather)
        I do have Carbuncle Mitts, which shouldn't have any affect except for the cost of keeping Carby out.
        TP HP healed
        0% 59
        2% 59
        12% 59
        25% 60
        29% 61
        39% 62
        43% 62
        58% 64
        66% 65
        74% 65
        79% 66
        97% 67
        104% 68
        The Flesh Eaters con DC or EM to me at this level, so unfortunately Carby didn't last long enough to get more than 100 or so TP before dying. But I did head into the Maze of Shakhrami and got Carby to 300 TP to get my max on Healing Ruby which is 87.
        I also used Healing Ruby once (I know, I probably should have done more) at 0 TP without wearing my Carbuncle Mitts and got 59 HP back, just like when I was wearing the mitts.
        From the numbers here it seems to be that for every 13 tp Healing Ruby heals one additional hp. So the formula would be TP/13 + 59 (since 59 is my base number for 0 TP) I round all numbers down to the closest whole number in every formula.
        However once you get above 50 TP the numbers are a little off. I thought that maybe for every 50 TP you get an additional 1 hp healed. This would change the formula to TP/13 + 59 + TP/50.
        If you take this new formula and figure the HP regained from Healing Ruby it comes out to be:
        300/13 + 59 + (300/50) or 23 + 59 + 6 which equals 88, just one off of my 300TP Healing Ruby which was 87.
        I'm not sure if there's something off in my numbers or what. As far as I can tell no stats of ours change the strength of healing ruby. I'm also not quite sure how to figure out my base Healing Ruby...it could be some number in there that'd give me the answer.
        I'll try and get some more results later on, specifically in the 100 and 200 TP ranges, maybe something there will clue me into what I'm missing.

Comment

Thankyou it's really nice to see some results at another level range.

Small question, sorry to ask. You were doing these Healing Ruby's mid fight so are you absolutely sure that Carby didn't get TP from an AoE or something after you recorded his TP?
          sigpic
          Signature courtesy of Selphiie the Enchantress

Comment

Glad to help, it's giving me an outlet for my geeky curiosity. ^^

Most of them were done after battle, so those I know were set. A few of them were done in battle, but for those after I gave the command for Healing Ruby I just spammed my pettp macro until it went to zero. There still could be a small chance that he got hit or something in the half a second between the outputs, but I think it's very unlikely.

Comment

Working...
            X