X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LV.20 Trial-Size Avatar Fights [Guide]

Preface:
    I moved this thread here for it to be more easily accessible. Just a quick disclaimer though: While I pride myself on experience throughout various games, I am by no means an expert on anything, In my mind at least. If you find a better way to do it, please feel free to post! Rank, levels, and time played all mean nothing in comparison to ingenuity and creativity. Don’t let someone tell you something can’t be done, and take their word for it. It might take loads of cash, time, and planning, but you might find a way around it. With that being said, here’s my “guide” from my experiences on the Trial Sized fights with the Celestial Avatars. Enjoy!
    Preparation:
    The avatars aren’t extremely difficult, but walking in unprepared will get you no where. Since childhood, every time I had a boss encounter in any game, I would pause the game, pull up my pants, wipe my palms on my legs (y’know, so you don’t slip while mashing the B button), take a drink, get comfortable, then unleash hell on whatever stood in my way. But if you’re like me, there is a heart pounding, stomach churning sensation of anxiety during the entire encounter. Your pulse and breathing increase rapidly, and you get sloppy. Hopefully this little write-up will help to alleviate some of this stress, because for me, I was breathless, and when I lost I felt like I was going to pass out!
    The key to the fights is being prepared and have an understanding of what you will be up against. Technically, all of the fights are the same, which I will get into later in detail. At the basic level, you could do these fights completely naked with only one item (Yagudo Drink), 44MP, and win. This won’t make anything easier, but I believe it’s entirely possible. I also have a theory that you don’t need Searing Light in order to complete the event; you won’t set any records, but I believe it can be done . If these two theories work out, I’ll record it and post it on File Front. Below I’ll list the Consumables that you will want to bring, and Equipment that will make your life easier, but is by no means required.
    Consumables:
    1x Boiled Crab or Boiled Crayfish (2000g @ Valefor)
    4x Hi-Potion (700g @ Valefor)
    2x Yagudo Drink (1800~2000g @ Valefor)
    4x Ether or Hi-Ether (1000g @ Valefor)
    The prices on my server are listed above for what I paid. Here are the reasons why you want those: For the food, the crab/crayfish will give you increased defense and vitality. I also believe that on top of a slight armor bonus, the defense bonus is a percentage of your overall defense, which is good. It’s been 2 years since I was a PLD, but if I recall correctly, higher Defense lowers your chance to be crit with physical attacks, and higher Vitality lessens the overall damage from physical attacks, respectively. Not bad. Another reason is that Pies will do you no good here. Searing Light is going to zap your MP reserves anyway, so it’s pointless as you aren’t using the INT/MND bonuses from the pie. Hi-Potions are a given. Near instant activation for a healthy dose of HP when you’re low. Ethers are instant activation for a small amount of MP, and Hi-Ethers have a longer activation time (8-10 seconds) for a greater amount of MP. The only reason I brought Hi-Ethers into the fight was this: If Searing Light misses, fails to activate, or otherwise doesn’t finish the avatar off (hits for 100 or so instead of 210), you’ll need MP to get carby out when he dies, cast Banish, Healing Ruby & Cure to keep yourself alive if you have no more Potions, and Poison Nails for damage if you can’t cast Banish for some reason (not enough MP, 15 second cooldown isn’t finished, etc).
    Yagudo Drinks are special, and in my opinion are the only 100% required item for these fights. First, let’s look at the spells you’ll use and how much MP they cost.

Spell/Ability_______Cost____Recast Time
    Carbuncle ................5MP.........30 Seconds
    Searing Light...........44MP.......60 Seconds
    Banish.....................18MP.......15 Seconds
    Cure........................8MP..........5 Seconds
    Healing Ruby...........5MP..........60 Seconds

After activating Astral Flow, carbuncle will no longer drain MP while being out (perpetuation cost = 0)., however, you must have at least 1MP or else carbuncle will unsummon. Even though his cost is free, you can’t maintain his connection from the Elemental Plane of Light without at least having 1MP at your disposal (came up with this myself, like it? Lol). Carbuncle being free allows you to constantly refresh 2MP every 3 seconds, for about 180 seconds total (3 minutes). Using Searing Light costs 44MP, but after it goes off (hit or miss), drains all of your remaining MP. For a split second you have 0MP, but then the Yagudo Drink ticks in and you gain 2MP. Thus, carbuncle will stay out after you use Searing Light, each and every time. This is important because during the fight, if it wears off, no matter what you are doing, you *must* use another Yagudo Drink.
    In my first fight, I took too much time taking screenshots, etc, while my buffs were running. After my 2nd Searing Light, carbuncle unsummoned because I had 0MP (Yag drink was finished). I was screwed. In panic, I used another yagudo drink, used a hi-potion, used an ether, and started casting Carbuncle. I never got him out, and was interrupted 7 times in a row before my inevitable death. This is why Yagudo Drink duration = Your Lifespan.
    Equipment:
    The equipment listed below isn’t at all required, with the exception of the Hermit’s Wand and Heko Obi+1 for lessening your chance to get interrupted while casting carby in a pinch. As I stated above, I believe these fights can be done entirely naked, with no buffs (except a Yagudo drink), and at least 44MP. However, the below gear is what I was wearing and helps tremendously if you can get your hands on it. Remember that some of these items are good to always have, and others are good just for these fights alone, and able to be resold at either the same price, or more, depending on your server and availability of the item on the Auction House.
    Main: Hermit's Wand [-25% spell interruption. This will save your life. Very cheap].
    Sub: If you’re /NIN, which isn’t a bad idea, grab another Hermit’s Wand^^ -50% [spell interruption? Oh…my…gawd…YES!]
    head: Trader's Chappau [looks like the RDM hat. Great defense, looks pimp. Bonus points for being awesome]
    Ears: Physical Earrings [Converts MP to much needed HP]
    Neck: Bloodbead Amulet [+15HP]
    Body: Trader's bodypiece [Great defense, Baron’s has +INT/MND].
    Hands: Scentless Armlets [Evasion+5]
    Rings: + elemental resist rings. [boosts defense against attacks from Avatars…you don’t actually need them. I wore my Empress Band and +2 MND ring]
    Waist: Heko Obi +1 [-8% Spell interruption, another lifesaver, and cheap to boot]
    Legs: Baron's Slops [+1 MP refresh while healing. Anything will do though. These are useless for this fight, as you aren’t going to be resting…]
    Feet: Air Solea [Evasion +3...i think. They can’t hurt, they’re cheap, and better than 300g 1 Defense level 1 gear]
    Back: Cotton Cape+1 [Anything on your back is fine]
    Buffs:
    Protect & Shell: Ask around for Prot II, III, IV, but don’t go above that as it doesn’t last long. IV will just barely stick for 5 minutes. I got it, went in for 3m 34s, got out and it wore off.
    Aquaveil: This + Hermit’s Wand (1 or 2) + Heko Obi+1 = don’t expect to be interrupted.
    Barstonra, Barwatera, Barsleepra: Barstonra/Titan, Barwatera/Leviathan, and people tell me Barsleepra/Shiva, although she never used any sleeps on me in 2 fights.
    Map:
    There are 3 points...the crystal, the "bend", and the "nest". They're fairly obviously...you start at the crystal....midway up to the avatar is the "bend", and the "nest" is where the avatar is. If you notice, halfway between the Bend and the Nest, there is a crack/line on the floor...just prior to the floor leveling off to where the Nest is, and you can see the Avatar. DONT cross that crack unless you are ready to fight. Doing so, after you get a little bit past the crack, the avatar will aggro and start coming to eat your face. If carbuncle is out though, that little blue ninja from the mystical pokemonâ„¢ world will run up and intercept him. In all actuality, this is best, as you get no added aggro from using the Assault command.

Prior to the Fight:

- At Protocrystal: Eat your Crab/Crayfish.
    - Once you enter the fight and your level cap is applied...Run to the "Bend".
    - At the Bend: Aquaviel, Barwater/sleep/stone. Rest to full mana. Summon Carbuncle, then Drink a Yagudo Drink. Now get ready to fight and head forward. You’re not setting records; You’re battling an Avatar. If you want a record for time, refight in 24 hours after you win ^^.
    - At the Crack: Walk past the crack a bit until you see the Avatar come for you. Then walk back past the crack a little bit the way you came. Carby will aggro and run towards the Avatar.

The Fight:

After carby runs off like the little blue ninja Squirrel that he is, the fight can go a few different ways, with Ramuh being the most noticeable of the 6. What i do, is as soon as carbuncle and the avatar start fighting...if i see the "going to explode" effect on an avatar (like when carby does Poison Nails...that little power up before he uses it), i run like hell to the Crystal and wait. You can also sit at the bend and watch his HP fall, so that when he's almost dead, run all the way to the crystal and when he dies, recast carby. Carbuncle will automatically beat feet back to the avatar so you don’t have to get aggro from the Assault command. This is where i will use Astral Flow + Searing Light. Stand right near the Avatar when you use Searing Light...because you don’t want to be too far away...it sucks....believe me. Also, if the Avatar didn’t open up with a special move, i used Astral Flow+Searing Light at the Nest.

The reason i say to wait, is that i've used AF+SL and had carby get hit to 50% of his health at the start of the fight, and by the time i hit the bend after I used SL, he died, and i barely had time to get him out again (the yag drink just barely got 5mp for me to recast, it was that soon!).

Anyway. Searing Light while standing near the Avatar, then run like crazy (i go to the nest/crystal, whichever im not already at). Some people say to run to the bend, so that you use SL at the nest, bend, and crystal. However, if something goes wrong and carby gets shot before SL is ready, i'd rather have the Avatar run a long way than me trying to recast at the nest while it’s on top of me . One very good tip is that IF YOU AREN'T USING SEARING LIGHT, DON'T STAND NEXT TO THE AVATAR...I lost to Shiva and Garuda on my first fights, because they used their Astral Flow ability (the huge AOE damage that those two have, Diamond Dust and Aerial Blast or whatever), and both me and carby hit the floor.

On Searing Light and Other Stuff (ie, i type too much)

In most fights, all 3 Searing Light attacks went off for 210 damage each, which is ideal. If all 3 hit for that, The Avatar is dead. If they have a sliver of health left, toss a Banish. My Divine skill is capped for a level 10 WHM...so if i could do 25 damage per Banish, and finish an Avatar off, anyone can.

In fights where Searing Light missed, or only did 100 or so damage, be careful. Keeping carbuncle out is your priority. The avatar will have loads of TP from smacking on carby and getting hit, so he wont last long. Get carby out, watch your mana, and run all the way to the opposite end of the area. ALWAYS keep an eye on your yagudo Drink. if it runs out, you're dead. If carby is fighting, and your low on mana, bust an Ether or Mulsim if you have time, a Hi-Ether and a Hi-Potion if you need it. Usually, if we were fighting at the Crystal/Nest, i would use Searing Light, then run the other way, and once i got towards the nest or crystal (the opposite of the avatar), i would use a Hi-Ether and a Hi-Pot if i was at 60% health or so. When the 3rd Searing Light didn’t finish off the fight for some reason, and a banish isn’t going to do it, i would summon carby again and stick near him to use Poison Nails and Healing Ruby, if need be. If the avatar is facing you...LET HIM HIT YOu. If you are on top of a Mob's aggro list, and carby isnt getting past you with the damage he's doing, let the mob hit you. It relieves aggro, so he'll turn and fight carby. Otherwise, you use poison nails, then run when the avatar turns to carby, but halfway up the path the avatar starts chasing you, and carby is at 10%. Then the avatar hits carby, he dies, and you dont have enough space to pull carby out again, assuming his recharge is done (another reason i only fight at the Nest/Crystal...30 seconds is an eternity in these fights.

If searing light didnt finish the avatar off, get carby out, run out of range, and blow an ether/hi ether. MP is of the utmost importance, so that carby is available at all times. My last fight with Ifrit, i kited his ass for about 3 minutes with carby because Sl didnt work and he had 10% health left.

For Ramuh , he's an exception. Both times i fought him, he used Thunderspark (the AOE damage+Paralylze) as SOON AS HE CAME INTO CONTACT WITH CARBUNCLE. DO NOT HIT ASTRAL FLOW! Just let carby aggro, and when those two start making sweet Elemental Avatar love to each other, run to the protocrystal and start spaming Paralyna on yourself. Mine took about 3 casts to get it off, which sucked. You can remove your paralyze, but you can’t remove Carby’s, so just let him die and get ready to re-summon a new one. When Ramuh got down to carby again it was the entrance to the platform that the crystal is on. I cast Banish just for good measure, hit astral Flow+ Searing Light, and ran to the nest again. After that first encounter, it generally tends to go just like every other fight. If you hit searing light and it doesn’t go off...it's problably because you're either too far away, or carby got paralyzed.

For Garuda, she casts Aerial Armor on herself (Blink). And she casts it often. The first time i fought her, i waited until carby started hitting her for damage, then i used AF+Searing Light, thinking that Searing Light would hit a shadow and be wasted. However, i don't believe this to be the case, because as i noticed, she kept putting it up and i was just wasting time. Also, now that I’ve had Aerial Armor myself the past few levels, I realized that I was mistaking “Blink” for “Utsusemi”. “Blink” will absorb 2 random attacks….but not one after the other. It might absorb an attack, let you get hit the next 5, and then absorb the next. You just don’t know. But it helps.

For Ifrit, Titan, and Shiva, they hit hard, and they're Astral Flow techniques hurt like hell (i mean, all Avatars do, but their's hurt worse in my mind).

For Leviathan, although i haven't beaten him yet, today will be try #2. The fight was horrible, and everything that could go wrong, did. the 1st Searing Light hit for 105. The second one missed. The third one did 210 damage. He still had 200-300 damage and after the 3rd SL he 1 shot a brand new carbuncle and i didnt have time to get a new one out (i was casting but got interrupted FIVE TIMES).

Another big factor is the day you fight on, and luck. I always fight on Lightsday, or the day that he's weak against. I say luck, because no matter what you do, you cannot stop carbuncle from missing a Searing Light, no matter what day you fight on. If you cannot fight on the day the Avatar is weak against or on Lightsday, you can fight whenever. I finally beat Ifrit on Lightningsday. Lol. Just don't fight on Darksday (Carbuncle is a wet noodle at this time) or the day that the avatar is strong on (it hurts worse and they resist more, i wasnt stupid enough to try this).

That's really it.
    Last edited by Shinoe; 12-04-2007, 08:34 PM. Reason: realized that after a year i still had a double paragraph up there! oops!
    sigpic

Re: LV.20 Trial-Size Avatar Fights [Guide]

Very thorough, though I have to admit my eyes crossed a few times from all the colors... lol.

One thing I want to add. Mulsims! It seems that very few people even know these exist. They're an item available under Medicines in the AH and are sold by the stack. They restore 10 MP, but the awesome thing about them is that you can COMPLETELY SPAM THEM. Ever seen anybody use a perpetual hourglass to enter Dynamis? You can use them that fast. You don't have to wait a few seconds before you can cast when they're done either. In general, you can pop a whole stack of these in the time it takes you to use a hi-ether and recover enough to be able to cast again. In summary, they are freaking awesome and I wish more mages knew about them.
    召75|吟75|黒75|赤75|戦72|白60|獣40|忍37| 暗37|シ37|ナ32|侍30|モ30|竜21|青14||か8| 狩7|コ7
    San D'oria: Rank 10 | Windurst: Rank 10 | Bastok: Rank 10 | Cooking: 97 | Zilart - Completed | CoP - Completed

Comment

So far, I've solo'ed 5 of the avatars (now working on fame for Norg) and here's the basic strategy I've been using.

Just for reference, I'm Hume. Tarus may or may not have a tougher time with my strategy.

Equipment:
      Hermit's Wand
      Compound Eye Circlet (quest)
      Bloodbead Amulet
      Trader's Saio
      2x Physical Earrings
      Scentless Armlets (quest)
      Bomb Ring
      Bastokan Ring
      Trader's Slops
      Light Soleas
      Heko Obi +1 (happened to HQ a skill-up synth)
      Mist Silk Cape (got it looong time ago)
      Happy Egg (what the heck, right? ^^ )

Job:
      SMN20/WHM10

Consumables:
      Tavnazian Taco x1 (happen to have this)
      Pamama au Lait x2
      Melon Juice x6
      Mulsum x12
      Hi-Potion x6

Normally, I go through the Taco, 1 au Lait, 4 Melon Juice, 2 Mulsum, and 2 Hi-Potions.

Strategy Used:
      Before entering battlefield:
      Protect IV and Shell III and appropriate Bar-status spell if necessary. Bar-element spells don't last long enough.
      (Protect III and Shell II work also)

After entering battlefield:
      Run up to the "bend".
      Eat Taco, drink au Lait, drink Melon Juice.
      Cast Aquaveil, appropriate Bar-element spell, Carby.
      (Re-cast the Bar-element spell when necessary.)

Since I don't like relying on my ability to get off all 3 Searing Lights, I like to "soften" up the avatar first.

Run up toward the avatar.
      Cast Dia on the avatar. Carby will automatically engage.
      Use Poison Nails on the avatar. Then run!
      Kite the avatar from one end of the battlefield to the other. Carby will plink away the avatar's HP. The idea is to keep Carby alive longer since he's your damage dealer. You'll be regen-ing HP.

Recast Carby when Carbuncle is defeated. Don't worry if you get interrupted by the avatar. Keep trying and keep your HP up.

Keep checking the Blood Pact timer. When it nears 0, use Astral Flow, drink a Melon Juice (and let the avatar come up to you and hit you), then use Searing Light. It's very important that you stand very still when using Searing Light or Carby won't be able to get the avatar if it happens to move out of range. Now run! If you use Melon Juice or Yagudo Drink, you will gain exactly enough MP to use Searing Light when the Blood Pact timer is up. Wait a couple of extra seconds or use Mulsums if you've had to recast Carby a couple times since the last Searing Light. Although Astral Flow is 0MP perpetuation, Carby still costs 5 MP to summon.

At this point, keep checking the Blood Pact timer and re-casting Carby when needed. Use Searing Light as soon as you can even if it means running back toward the avatar or releasing and re-casting Carby. Drink a Melon Juice just before each Blood Pact. This will remind you to stay stationary in addition to making sure you have Refresh.

If a Searing Light happens to miss (happened on Garuda for me), chances are you can finish the avatar with just 2 Searing Lights or use some Mulsums and Banish. Since Garuda had such high evasion, I made sure to keep Dia on her. Every little bit helps.

On strategies not using Searing Light:
      I don't know that there would be enough time. Banish, Dia and Poison Nails don't do enough damage. When I fought Garuda the first time, only 1 Searing Light hit her (1 miss and 1 bad timing and Carby got killed by her 2-hr). I did my best with the juice and Mulsums, but I simply ran out of time - and she had only a sliver of health left.

notes on Garuda:
      Very high evasion so even Searing Light can miss.
      Don't be discouraged if you can't get her the first time.

notes on Ramuh:
      Does a Paralyze-ga move first thing. Make sure to Paralyna yourself immediately. You can get your Dia in before he makes his first move. Don't bother with Poison Nails to start since Carby will be paralyzed. Just kite and continue strategy. He also has a stunning move which is annoying, but doesn't last forever.

notes in general:
      I'm always really nervous going into these kind of fights. My heart races and my hands shake violently during and after the battle. What's helped me is:

1) Write down my actions in order and in detail.
      2) Create macros for each action.
      3) Go over what will happen in my head a few times before the fight.
      4) Remind myself that I have Banish and Dia as well as Carby at my disposal.

The very first time, I went into the battle just to see what the battlefield was like and how hard the avatar would hit. The funny thing is with absolutely no preparation I had Titan almost dead before he killed me (I didn't bring many consumables).

HP is more important than MP for these fights, so concentrate more on DEF and strategy rather than maxing MP. My HP is ~320 going into the fight and no avatar has taken off more than 140 HP at a time. Their usual hits are ~7 + ~23 additional elemental damage.

Remember, you lose no XP when dying in this fight, so just keep trying!
      They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

::claps for both::

Very informative! I shall be attempting Shiva again when I'm less nervous and more prepared. Also, I am extremely grateful for SharMarali and Nakti's unselfishness in sharing information! {/cheer!}

Comment

Quick note about Defensive stats:
          (Note that these are all oversimplifications, but they get the point across and will do for the vast majority of people)

Higher Defense reduces the average amount of damage you take per hit.
          Higher Vitality reduces the maximum amount of damage you take per hit.
          Higher Agility increases the frequency by which your defensive skills kick in (Evade/Shield/Guard/Parry), and is believed to slightly lower your chance to be hit by critical attacks (unproven as far as I know aside from circumstantial evidence).

Icemage

Comment

Good guides. Here is a couple additions from my experience on the mini-avatar fights.

My main problem was that the avatar had a tendency to use their 2hr right before I was ready to do my 3rd Searing Light. So I soon learned that it was wise to have full HP at this time.

I also made macros for all the items and attacks I needed during the fight. I found this very helpful, as I am more used to use macros than the menu.

Finally: Try to stay calm and don't panic....

Comment

This is only slightly unrelated, but I do have a question about the Trial-Size fight requirements. Is it possible to do them even if you've already done the higher-level Prime Avatar fights? I'm doing those with my Linkshell now and I haven't leveled SMN much yet, but I'm interested in trying these battles if only to know that I can. SMN is the first job that has really interested me beyond RDM and these seem like a really fun, challenging rite of passage. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Elrundir View Post
                This is only slightly unrelated, but I do have a question about the Trial-Size fight requirements. Is it possible to do them even if you've already done the higher-level Prime Avatar fights? I'm doing those with my Linkshell now and I haven't leveled SMN much yet, but I'm interested in trying these battles if only to know that I can. SMN is the first job that has really interested me beyond RDM and these seem like a really fun, challenging rite of passage. ^^
                I can't say for certain, but I believe the Prime and Trial-Size fights are treated separately. So you should be able to fight the solo battles even if you already have that avatar; you just might have to somehow hoof it to the battlefield rather than being conveniently auto-warped there, though.

As far as I know, the only requirements for the solo battles are:

1) adequate fame (level 5, except for Norg which is level 4 I think)
                2) adequate SMN level (15? I don't know since I didn't try for these until 20 myself)
                They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Nakti View Post
                  I can't say for certain, but I believe the Prime and Trial-Size fights are treated separately. So you should be able to fight the solo battles even if you already have that avatar; you just might have to somehow hoof it to the battlefield rather than being conveniently auto-warped there, though.

As far as I know, the only requirements for the solo battles are:

1) adequate fame (level 5, except for Norg which is level 4 I think)
                  2) adequate SMN level (15? I don't know since I didn't try for these until 20 myself)
                  Summoner fights require level 20, and rank 2 fame in all cities (Rank 2 fame, not 3. I don't know if it changed and was previously 3, but i know for a fact that it was rank 2, i checked it before i ran in). Yes, you can do Prime and Mini fights as many times as you want, and it doesn't matter if you've already done it before. The only stipulation is whether you win/lose, you still have to wait the 24 hour period before you can re-enter.

ON another note, thanks for all of the info guys! I'll add it to the top. I'm not done yet, but i didnt do anything to this post over the weekend as i was busy playing ^^ Hit level 28 last night, Frost Armor is pretty handy for non-ninja tanks!

more to come later, work is busybusy this morning!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shinoe View Post
                    Summoner fights require level 20, and rank 2 fame in all cities (Rank 2 fame, not 3. I don't know if it changed and was previously 3, but i know for a fact that it was rank 2, i checked it before i ran in).
                    To be honest, it's possible I hadn't changed my job to SMN before talking to the Taru/non-Taru couple in Norg. But I definitely couldn't get the regular Leviathan quest with level 2 fame in Norg. If the Mini-Trials require much less fame than the Prime battles, that's great news!

Yes, you can do Prime and Mini fights as many times as you want, and it doesn't matter if you've already done it before. The only stipulation is whether you win/lose, you still have to wait the 24 hour period before you can re-enter.
                    Good point. It's actually Japanese midnight rather than 24 hours, though. ^^

Comment

Is it me... or is it that being a Tarutaru = less HP = easier {death}? ; ;

Comment

Originally posted by Nakti View Post
                        To be honest, it's possible I hadn't changed my job to SMN before talking to the Taru/non-Taru couple in Norg. But I definitely couldn't get the regular Leviathan quest with level 2 fame in Norg. If the Mini-Trials require much less fame than the Prime battles, that's great news!

Good point. It's actually Japanese midnight rather than 24 hours, though. ^^
                        So if i do it, say 9pm, i can do it again at 12:01am? That's great (i live in japan, so in most cases i thought it WAS 24 hours. lol). Oh well, already done beat them with my cane, but it's good info.

As far as level 2 fame, i did Ramuh/Ifrit with level 2 fame, and when i checked my rice ball price it was only 169 or so (which was just barely rank 2 fame on the chart that i saw). To clarify, i never spoke with the Fame NPC in Norg, however, i only turned in 48 yagudo necklaces (that's 12 turn-ins). I had access to the mini-forks in Sandoria with rank 2, but i postponed my first fight because i was in the of doing fame quests for Bastok/Sandy since those are extremely easy to get Rank 9 Fame. A good macro for turning stuff in for any repeatable quest is:
                        /item "Cornette" <stnpc>
                        Just replace "Cornette" with "Millioncorn"/"Boyhada Moss"/ etc.
                        It can't be used to trade Yag necks, as each turn in is 4x Yagudo Bead Necklaces, so that has to be done manually.

I'll fix the colors right now, and try to add some more info. I left out the actual fight stuff because i was leaving for work, and i play on the weekends, not troll lol.
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh, it's definitely much less fame than for the Prime battles, I can tell you that much.

Shiva - Level 6 fame San d'Oria
                          Ramuh - Level 6 fame Windurst
                          Titan - Level 6 fame Bastok
                          Leviathan - Level 4 fame Tenshodo
                          Ifrit - Level 6 fame Kazham
                          Garuda - Level 5 fame Rabao

Getting the fame for those sure was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Raen View Post
                            Is it me... or is it that being a Tarutaru = less HP = easier {death}? ; ;
                            Honestly, and this is only my opinion, mind you, based off of my gaming experience before i took that year long hiatus...is that Race doesn't matter throughout most of the game. yes, TaruTaru have lower health. But it's not such a big difference at 20 that you're going to die.

Don't mistake the information given here as "load up on lots and lots of HP and only bring 50MP in your pool". People are just being careful. Be prepared to take a good 150-200 damage though if you end up getting caught in an Avatar's Astral Flow ability. They hurt. And yes, just as a SMN has when they use AF, the Avatar AFs are AoE damage spells...so if you're anywhere near it, it's going to hurt.

But also, realize what these fights are. At it's most basic point, you're carby kiting an avatar up and down a staircase. If you cut corners (but don't snag yourself) you're almost guaranteed to get carby off even if you had the Avatar on your tail when you started running. As such, it's fairly easy to stay out of the way. The only time when you're in danger is when you get close to the Avatar on purpose, in order to use Searing Light. But you can mash that, and if yo ujust got hit, use a Hi-Potion and you're good. Just run away. 210 Points of Damage from Carbuncle will outweigh the measly 100 or so that your potion is going to heal.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hmm. Aight. I'll try again... in 11 hours.

You'd better be on! I wanna {Steal!} your Bloodbead thingum >_>;

Comment

Working...
                              X