Gear, which to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gear, which to use?

If you do any assault, I'd suggest the antivenom + insomnia earring. Both are level 50, cost 3000 assault points (which is like, 3-4 assaults), and together will give you 30MP, 15HP, and 1hMP. Max MP and healing MP are always going to be major concerns for you as SMN, and a few more HP isn't a bad thing either for the class with the lowest base HP.

If you don't do much assault, though, these earrings are going to prove difficult to find since you have to buy them out of bazaar, and they're fairly pricy too.
    召75|吟75|黒75|赤75|戦72|白60|獣40|忍37| 暗37|シ37|ナ32|侍30|モ30|竜21|青14||か8| 狩7|コ7
    San D'oria: Rank 10 | Windurst: Rank 10 | Bastok: Rank 10 | Cooking: 97 | Zilart - Completed | CoP - Completed

Comment

As for the non assaulter.

Yes I'd say go for Geist earrings and swap to death earrings at level 68.
      Those shouldn't be that expensive anymore and give you just a little extra MP.
      Quetzalcoatl Server | WHM 80 | SMN 76 | NIN 75

Comment

Geist are 150k on Kujata right now. If things continue to sell like they are, I can get them but I think what I'll do is use Geist till 60, then assault a bunch of times for the antivenom and insomnia. As a 43SMN mithra, I have 681 MP which isn't bad in my opinion. (told you I level fast. XD)

Comment

idk if it helps but ive been told i have some pretty awesome gear for being poor lol ><

Weapon - Elemental Staves of Course
          Throwing - Fenrir stone
          Hat - Austere Hat
          Body - YinYang Robe
          Hands - AF2 Hands Summoner Bracers
          Neck - Fenrir Tourqe
          Ear 1 - Death
          Ear 2 - Magnetic Earring
          Ring - Evokers
          Ring 2 - Electrum
          Back - Blue Cap
          Waist - Hierach
          Legs - AF1 legs
          Feet - AF1 feet

so as you can see most SMN is R/EX gear

im also a taru with 1291MP soon to raise more

659HP though owell just dont get hit^^

Comment

Originally posted by SharMarali View Post
            If you do any assault, I'd suggest the antivenom + insomnia earring. Both are level 50, cost 3000 assault points (which is like, 3-4 assaults), and together will give you 30MP, 15HP, and 1hMP. Max MP and healing MP are always going to be major concerns for you as SMN, and a few more HP isn't a bad thing either for the class with the lowest base HP.
            If you don't do much assault, though, these earrings are going to prove difficult to find since you have to buy them out of bazaar, and they're fairly pricy too.
            I second this. Sadly I never found help to get insomnia, but I got an antivenom and at 68 I'm using the death earring. Both those lvl 50s though would be worth your time in assault (since you have so much play time spend an hour or so a day doing assault with friends and you'll have both in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by SharMarali View Post
              Yep, you definately don't want to use the AF horn over the austere hat. I dunno about other servers, but the austere hat is ridiculously cheap on Ramuh (20k last I checked) and gives you blood pact ability delay -2. All the horn does is give you a few MP.
              The horn also bequeaths 3 more summon skill so far as I remember. However, I don't think it's enough of a difference to use over the Austere Hat in party situations. Especially since it messes with Emnity and you don't have the nifty BP timer reduction. Faster BP = more fun. ^_^

At level 60 in party I use:

Light/Dark Staff
              Austere Hat
              Austere Robe
              Evokers Mitts or Carby Mitts (I've had a few pts let me keep Carby out for TP gain/Meteorite). I guess my Elvaan RSE could still work here, too.
              Evoker's Pigaches
              Evoker's ..um, the shoes. I suck w/ names anymore.
              Electrum Ring x2
              Mana Earring/Night Earring
              MP+ Egg from Easter Event. I can't never remember its name.
              White Cape (mainly for healing situations :/ I don't like it much there, though.)
              Republic Mythril Medal (iirc. The MP+12 one)
              Friar's Rope (lol. x_x I've had my eye on other stuff, never do farm anymore. Haven't played the game in over a month.)

Outside of Party I tend to wear full SMN af w/ the exception of Carby Mitts because I like him following me around. I love our AF and don't see any reason to be all battle-geared when I'm playing around on my own and just want to have fun.

As for Assault, I want to start doing that. Besides those earrings, there was a belt and I believe a cape that nearly made my eyes fall out. I'm a bit of a MP whore.
              "If you keep me waiting much longer, it damn well better be the end of the Galaxy." ~ Kaidan

~There's gonna come a day, and I can't wait to see your face...~

Comment

Just for fun, I'll post the gear I use on summoner.

Weapon: Apollo's Staff, 7 NQ elemental staves
                Ranged: Easter Egg (Forgot name) +1%MP and +1 Vit
                Head: Austere hat, Evoker's horn when I'm not doing anything (I hate the way Austere hat looks)
                Neck: Fenrir's Torque, Sacrifice Torque, Summoning Torque (Each for different situations)
                Ear: Death Earring, Antivenom Earring
                Body: Yinyang Robe
                Hands: Summoner's bracers, Carbuncle's Mitts
                Ring: Evoker's Ring, Ether Ring
                Back: Blue Cape
                Waist: Hierarch Belt
                Legs: Summoner's Spats
                Feet: Evoker's Pigaches

My Apollo's Staff is signed by Wingman :D Took enough tries lol

As Elvaan, I barely break 1k MP, but I have over 900 HP. Once I hit 73 I have a Zenith Crown to wear to increase max MP, which I'll of course take off when using bloodpacts.

Also Vyren, I'm not trying to get you down, but don't completely rely on BCNM for Peacock Charm to fund your gear. I've seen people go 0/40+, but I've also seen 2/8. It's just luck, but it tends to have an absolutely horrible drop rate. I don't know if Erase and Utsusemi: Ni drop from it or not, but on Titan Erase is down to 100k. I'm just advising you also farm when you can. Best of luck leveling summoner, have fun!
                I crush up my pills and snort them like dust. They are my sugar. They are the sweetness in the days that have none. They drip through me like tupelo honey. Then they are gone. Then I need more. I always need more.

Sig thanks to Aksannyi of Dreams In Vana'diel

Comment

Hmm.. should I?
                  I guess I will.
                  Weapon: Elemental staves 5HQ/3NQ (Been saving up/farming a long time and still am.)
                  Ranged: Fenrir's Stone
                  Head: Walahra Turban
                  Neck: Fenrir's Torque/Sacrifice Torque.
                  Ears: Death earring/Loquacious Earring.
                  Hands: Summoner's Bracers/Carbuncle Mitts (I'll get you Ultima!!)
                  Rings: Evoker's Ring/Tamas Ring
                  Back: Blue Cape +1
                  Legs: Summoner's Spats/Evoker's Spats
                  Feet: Evoker's Pigaches +1/Summoner's Pigaches
                  As Mithra Summoner I break about 1165 MP with this gear and 930 HP.

However a lot of this stuff might take months to obtain and a lot takes a lot of work to get.
                  As far as summoner goes it's one of the few jobs not that gear demanding and everyone here has made good suggestions.
                  You can take any advise here into consideration.
                  Although I do agree with some of the posters that MP while healing is a good way to go.
                  Last edited by Shirai; 09-29-2006, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Aww hell everyone is doing it:
                    Weapons: Ele. Staffs
                    Ranged: Fortune Egg
                    Head: Zenith Crown (Town only)/Austere hat/Evk. Horn (for after update)
                    Body: Summoner's Doublet/Errant Hptl (resting)
                    Neck: Fenrir's Torque/Grandiose Chain(resting)/Sacrifice Toruqe/Smn Torque (for after update)
                    Earrings: Loquac Earring/Magnetic Earring/Relaxing Earring (resting)/Smn Earring (for after update :p)
                    Hands: Summoner's Bracers/Carby Mitts
                    Back: Intensifying Cape
                    Rings: Evokers/Tamas
                    Legs: Evk Spats+1/Summoner's Spats (Buff Bps/Carby only)
                    Feet: Summoner's Pgsh/Evk Pgsh+1 (really only use for solo with puppy)

Thats like 920 HP/11XXMP (cant remember) for doing actual events (I dont like using -HP gear while killing things). Most of the Smn skill+ (+35 skill total) items I got for cheap (hi2u 6k Smn Torque), but glad I have them incase the change to summoning magic next update is ground breaking. If I would get off my lazy but and actually work on it, I would add some more +HMP gear for resing. IMO its a summoner's best friend.
                    sigpic
                    Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

I'm a sheep! I'm a sheep!
                      Weapon: 8 HQ elemental staves, except for solo with Buncle where I use Diabolos Pole
                      Throwing: Fortune Egg
                      Head: Austere Hat
                      Neck: Grandiose Chain, with a macro swap to Sacrifice Torque for offensive BP's
                      Ear1: Magnetic Earring
                      Ear2: Death Earring
                      Hands: Summoner's Bracers, except for solo with Buncle where I use Carbuncle Mitts
                      Ring1: Evoker's Ring
                      Ring2: Tamas Ring
                      Back: Blue Cape (NQ)
                      Legs: Summoner's Spats
                      Feet: Evoker's Pigaches +1, with a macro swap to Summoner's Pigaches for ALL blood pacts

Occassionally I'll swap out my Tamas for Conjurer's Ring, if I'm meeting the requirements for the latent to activate. I also use Errant Body and Baron's Slops +1 for resting.

Yes, I know I said earlier in this same thread that I recommend the assault earrings and lookie, I don't have them. I just haven't gotten around to getting them yet rofl... Plus I'm not 100% sure I even WANT them, since I'm about 65% of the way to loquacious earring and I'd just want up ditching the assault earring for it.

My immediate goals for my SMN gear are L. earring and Hedgehog Bomb. If dreams come true, I'd like to also get a summoner's horn and a pair of nashira gages, but like, um.. yeah. I actually AM first in line for the horn, if it ever drops, since I have the most points of anybody in my dynamis LS presently whether they're a SMN or not. Gages I might possibly be able to get one day, but I'm not holding my breath. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with my setup.

A lot of people have questioned a couple of my choices, specifically, Summoner's Spats and Tamas Ring. Let me just say that those are DELIBERATE choices on my part, not something I just threw on for the heck of it.

Yes, I know the Evoker's Spats do avatar accuracy. However, I have bracers for that, and I can also merit it. What I CANNOT merit is blood pact re-use timer, which the Summoner's Spats do.

Where the Tamas Ring is concerned, first of all, no, I do NOT think the Serket Ring is worth 9 million gil for an extra 20 MP. That's beside the point though, because I'm sure I probably COULD get some people together to hunt the Vivian Ring if I wanted those MP that badly. The -3 enmity on the Tamas Ring has proven invaluable to me for both solo and team play though, and I wouldn't use anything else (except, as I mentioned previously, occassional swaps to conjurer's ring).
                      Last edited by SharMarali; 09-29-2006, 02:56 PM.
                      召75|吟75|黒75|赤75|戦72|白60|獣40|忍37| 暗37|シ37|ナ32|侍30|モ30|竜21|青14||か8| 狩7|コ7
                      San D'oria: Rank 10 | Windurst: Rank 10 | Bastok: Rank 10 | Cooking: 97 | Zilart - Completed | CoP - Completed

Comment

Quick question about gear: I've been told by all high level summoners, who have been high level longer than me, that the + acc on Evoker's Spats and Summoner's Bracers do not stack. I've not got around to test it, just wondering if its true.
                        I crush up my pills and snort them like dust. They are my sugar. They are the sweetness in the days that have none. They drip through me like tupelo honey. Then they are gone. Then I need more. I always need more.

Sig thanks to Aksannyi of Dreams In Vana'diel

Comment

Originally posted by Xylaa View Post
                          Quick question about gear: I've been told by all high level summoners, who have been high level longer than me, that the + acc on Evoker's Spats and Summoner's Bracers do not stack. I've not got around to test it, just wondering if its true.
                          Unfortunately because of the random accuracy of the avatars that's really hard to say.
                          I think it stacks like any other job has gear with stats that stack.
                          It's just extremely hard to put to the test.

I macro Evoker's Spats in my physicial Blood pacts anyway.

Comment

Working...
                          X