This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i play summoner?

im thinking about getting this game soon, and if i do, would i get alot of party invites by making a white mage or black mage and then later going summoner? and is so would it be hard to get by as it being a first couple jobs?

Which FF Character Are You?

Re: should i play summoner?

No.

Comment

/sigh...another no on another topic by the same person, lol

Comment

If you have white mage at level 75, playing summoner isn't going to be that difficult, as they're somewhat similar for a good stretch of levels (in most cases), and white mage is the generally accepted subjob for summoner.

Without a level 75 job to start with though, Summoner can be pretty miserable, as you probably won't have access to the two most effective summons in parties: Fenrir and Diabolos.

Icemage

Comment

i've played final fantasy 7-10 and i've played WoW(currently, about to stop)(and i know most basic MMO termology), so i know who and what diabolos is but, i've never heard of fenrir, who is he and what does he do?

Comment

If you played 7-10 you'll know he was in 9(he was in several more as well). But he's the son of Loki and a giant wolf, based on the dark element like diabolos.

Comment

As Icemage has indicated, Summoner isn't often invited for their primary ability (Summoning), but rather for their secondary use as a healer for parties that can't find another healer. That's not to say that people won't invite you for your avatars from time to time, but you will have a hard time escaping the healing role for most of the game.

If you like that, great. If not, well, Summoner probably isn't for you.

Comment

Well, it would be nice to play as a summoner, but it's all up to you.

Play whm till 37 (only if you're taking summoner to 75 or if you just want to) and then start playing summoner. At level 20, you can get avatars through the mini-fights; however, some people don't like them because they think it's hard.

If you have a another job that is 65+, you can get all the avatars and Fenrir. If you have a job level 70+, you can get every avatar including Diabolos. If you don't have another job that is high level, that is ok. You can either do the lvl 20 avatar fights or lvl 65+ or lvl 70+ people to help you through the Prime Fights while you stay far away from the battle.

For Fenrir and Diabolos, you can still level your summoner without them until you are acapable of getting them. Most summoners that I've talked to prefer to use summoner in the Fenrir and Diabolos fight rather than level another job to do it. Summoners are useful in those fights, so don't worry.
                Last edited by Rain_Blade; 09-01-2006, 10:50 PM. Reason: Error

Aaliyah is more than a woman and she graduated with a 4.0 GPA (she only had 1 "C" grade ever in her life).

I bolded and underlined the "is" just for you, Malacite.

Comment

Upto you ^^
                  SMN is fun tho well I think it is hehe

Character: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?86132
                  Fenrir Won: 11/08/2006
                  Diablos Won: 07/03/2007

Comment

summoner is one of the toughest job to level up imo... I wouldn't recommend it if you're new to the game. But it's up to you.
                    They are not so wanted for groups, you will be for the most part force to start your own group.
                    And without knowing the good way to set up your party and hunting spots its even harder over all.
                    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Galaxia View Post
                      Upto you ^^
                      SMN is fun tho well I think it is hehe
                      GALAXIA! AS A LONG TIME POSTER YOU SHOULD KNOW NOT TO DIG INTO THE NECRO THREAD SECTION!

btw, he already decided to go warrior or some type of melee class.
                      Hacked on 9/9/09
                      FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

It's not that much of a necropost - but it's true the OP already decided not to play SMN.

Closing this thread since the OP has already made his decision.

Icemage
                        FFXIOnline Forum Super Moderator

Comment

Working...
                        X