This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Astral Flow... useless?

Beg my pardon, but somone here mentioned GOOD DAMANGE on HNMS, other than wyrms, where we make lets say 400-1200 range, hovering in the middle, other than that... what damage?

If it werent for nether blats... have you seem the shamefull damage we make at kirin? Or the insane damage a BLM can burst if they magic brust light skill chain on golems?

I love the summoner job, but we do need a bit of more DD abilites imo. I am leveling BLM atm and i am having fun with it, 2 different jobs of course, but I am sure many share my feeling that our blood pacts, some of them, need to be adjusted.

Comment

The problem may also stem from the merit points that we obtain. Most people go for the Physical Attack Accuracy and Physical Attack Strength Merit points. And as we all know, the range of randomness that occurs when we use our bloodpacts, they are never consistant. I've met a guy with 5 in physical accuracy and 4 in physical attack strength and I out damaged him every so often on Titan's Mountain Buster (KRT SMN party).

It doesn't seem viable to obtain physical attack strength merits, yet no one will be willing to put points into magical attack strength & magical attack accuracy. I'm left wondering, will these merit points be for naught? Are they useless? I get people telling me that physical accuracy is not useless, but very useful, so I guess I'm dumping points into that one, but what about magical accuracy?
      Hacked on 9/9/09
      FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

400-500 damage a minute on kirin averages around a MNK chi-blasting, only without the chance of having to kite. As far as I see it, we're not supposed to be pure damage dealers, in the sense that NINs are supposed to be tanks.

It probably isn't our original role, as intended by SE, but it's what we ended up having to do. For a support class, we do good damage while not putting us in danger of being eaten alive.

Omniblast: People said not to bother with magical attack/accuracy because there isn't a powerful magical attack. In almost every situation you'll be using a level 70 blood pact over an avatar's teir IV spells... Although, if they add those magic blood pacts that we didn't have and those blood pacts are decent damage, then there might be a reason to merit it.

Edit: Oh, and I used to laugh at 400-500 damage too, until I removed the chat filters for party damage when I was in a BLM party on things like kirin. They get resisted fairly often unless it's on a skillchain.
        Last edited by Tirrock; 03-29-2006, 03:17 PM.
        Generic Info!

Comment

Originally posted by Tirrock
          Omniblast: People said not to bother with magical attack/accuracy because there isn't a powerful magical attack. In almost every situation you'll be using a level 70 blood pact over an avatar's teir IV spells... Although, if they add those magic blood pacts that we didn't have and those blood pacts are decent damage, then there might be a reason to merit it.
          When I finally get Diabolos... *** forbid I not get him. Nether Blast is suppose to be a magical attack correct? Also while we are on the topic of Astral Flow, that is considered magical attack correct?

What would the possibilities of dumping 5 points into magical accuracy & 5 points into magical attack strength? Also using Astral Pot (ammo item from Pulling the Strings ENM SOLO) as well as the new blood pacts (possiblity of Heavenly Strike, Grand Fall etc be included in the next patch / expansion)

I might try to test this some time, keeping Carbuncle out while using astral pot, and having him do Meteorite. My normal Meteorite averages at 300-500 I'm hopeing to hit 600 atleast which is approximately a 16% increase (pot is suppose to increase it by 15.3%) heh giving Carbuncle pot.... hehe... oh yeah and that the increase magic damage effect lasts as long as carbuncle is out, since carby can do healing ruby II, as well as a self regeneration, I'm hoping that that would keep the usage of the item to a minimum. (Not that Meteorite isn't cool looking or anything, but if I could do 600 damage with carbuncle to kirin, I'd be on par with having Diabolos averaging at 500 damage each Neither blast.) My LS is trying for a 6 smn party for Kirin, averaging at about 3k damage per minute for 7 times which is approximately 21,000 points of damage.
          Hacked on 9/9/09
          FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

I don't know about diablos. My connection got bad before he came out. Everything I know about him is what I hear from my friend. I could have sworn that his high level blood pact was fairly consistant in damage though. Something like it always does 400ish, even on exp stuff. I don't know though...I haven't actually used it myself.

And yeah, astral flow is magical, but I don't think it's used enough to be worth merits. Honestly, I haven't put too huge of a priority on meriting SMN at all. Avatars already have a very good accuracy rate, and their a few points of ATK probably isn't going to help them much on HNM...and on exp monsters it doesn't seem like it does much either.

If you want to play with the merits for avatar magic attack/accuracy, by all means, go for it. Just be sure to take into consideration monster weaknesses (of course), the day, and the avatar's TP.
            Generic Info!

Comment

Originally posted by Omniblast
              When I finally get Diabolos... *** forbid I not get him. Nether Blast is suppose to be a magical attack correct?
              I believe it is...or else this screenshot really raises questions
              Attached Files
              All spells obtained!
              Homam Gear: 2/5

Comment

Omg... so Nether Blast is a Magical Atack!!!! So if I merit my avatar magical dmage, in THEORY Nether Blat should do more than teh 508 it currently does? Mmmmm how much would this increase be..... i have 4 merits stacked up atm.... what to do, what to do...

Comment

That was at level 66. It currently does around 400 damage per use.
                  All spells obtained!

Comment

The lat time my LS did Kirin , my Diabolo's Nether Blast was doing 508 each time. I and very tempted to merit one point in magical damage to see the effects

Comment

nt.
                      Attached Files
                      I believe most sigs are like the people they represent - useless, loud and obnoxious.

Comment

Please excuse my sincere ignorace, but i have no idea what you posted means. Can you be kind enough to explain to me what that picture shows?

Comment

That shows someone who trained a bunch of mobs in the Maze of Shakhrami and used Aerial Blast to kill 12 of them at once. Chain 12. There's 2320 exp in the screenshot and the first three kills aren't even on there.

Double Post Edited:
                          I forgot to say SWEET JEEBUS! Sorry, I was still stunned.
                          Last edited by Taskmage; 03-30-2006, 02:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

That was in a 2 person party. You should have seen the previous train at level 3 - the whole of fort ghelsba versus aerial blast. Instant level 6...
                            I believe most sigs are like the people they represent - useless, loud and obnoxious.

Comment

I totally forgot about the powerleveling aspect of astral flow. >_>a I never tried it myself, and none of my friends ever tried it either.
                              Generic Info!

Comment

Where can I do that at level 66? I'd really like a quick easy 2k EXP.
                                All spells obtained!

Comment

Working...
                                X